Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2535

First time watching it today. I liked it! Genuinely so as well. As the movie went on, I gradually found myself digging it. Now, it wasn't the best superhero movie ever. And yes, some of those action scenes needed some work. But I was genuinely entertained. How Diana saved the day was very.....Geoff Johns. Can't put my finger on it, but I noticed elements of Johns tropes throughout the film, considering he co-wrote it. Still, the premise, that of the truth saving the world and everyone being saved at the end, I liked that.

Also liked Aesteria's cameo. Can't wait to see more of her in the sequel.

Overall, yeah, I'd watch WW84 again.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Nice! I'm sure you came to it with low expectations, but it's still good to know others can feel it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

1984 was the #1 best selling blu-ray of 2021 ranking in $33 million in revenue for NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    1984 was the #1 best selling blu-ray of 2021 ranking in $33 million in revenue for NA.
    Wow. I mean, it's just blu ray, but still, wasn't expecting that. Now I'm really curious about what the box office would have been like and what the numbers on HBO MAX are.

Incredible Member

James Bond, Wonder Woman Lead U.K. Home Entertainment to $5 Billion in 2021

"Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group emerged as the biggest U.K. distributor with its title “Wonder Woman 1984” leading the country’s total 27.5 million rentals on Video On Demand (VOD)."

UK Home Ent Market Up 13% In 2021 As ‘No Time To Die’ Boosts Sales; VOD Subs Growth Slows

"For VOD rentals, Wonder Woman 1984 topped the pack across those nine months following its PVOD release back in January."

Wonder Woman 1984 also did well on digital platforms in the U.K.

Has is it been established as to how many Amazons live on Themyscira in the WW/DCEU films? There's obviously a few thousand as seen by the arena crowd during the contest scene in WW84, but does anyone have a more definite answer?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Have to say I agree with so much of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Have to say I agree with so much of this.

"Incredibly frustrating" is indeed what WW1984 gave me.
    Why couldn't Steve just be a mental ilusion concocted by Dr. Psycho and "powered" by the Duke of Deception's ancient divine power (which would explain a mortal like Psycho being able to violate the mind of a demigoddess).
    Oh well, it's a moot point now. I just hope that Zaslav doesn't cancel Wonder Woman 3...

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    "Incredibly frustrating" is indeed what WW1984 gave me.
    Why couldn't Steve just be a mental ilusion concocted by Dr. Psycho and "powered" by the Duke of Deception's ancient divine power (which would explain a mortal like Psycho being able to violate the mind of a demigoddess).
    Oh well, it's a moot point now. I just hope that Zaslav doesn't cancel Wonder Woman 3...
    I think a big problem was all the creative control that Patty Jenkins had on WW84. Stick to directing (which she is admittedly good at), get a fantastic action director (of which WW84 was sorely lacking) for action scenes and let someone else do the writing. Please take your time with the script as I don't know what kind of acid trip the previous writers were on for WW84.

WW3 is safe. It was still a success by early pandemic circumstances. Was a good movie? No. But they aint canceling the 3rd film.

Deleted Wonder Woman 1984 scene shows Diana destroying a missile with her own hands.

https://twitter.com/GalGadotWWFans/s...36544562950145

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    WW3 is safe. It was still a success by early pandemic circumstances. Was a good movie? No. But they aint canceling the 3rd film.
    This post didn’t age well.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Deleted Wonder Woman 1984 scene shows Diana destroying a missile with her own hands.

I guess they deleted it because it would place Diana in the kryptonian territory, instead of the glorified super human warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    This post didn’t age well.
    Im still proud of it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Apparently they deleted every good action scene from the movie