Page 73 of 170 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2541

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    The Kingdom Come armor has its place in WW lore, but I don't think it should've been a priority for WW movies. Of course, I said the same about the Death of Superman.
    And for merch!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder you guys think Steve will survive? I mean we thought he would stay dead.If he dies again it could be anti-climax
    I agree, if he dies again it feels overdone. But then, he seems dead in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I don't think so....it seems like they might be playing with the concept of wishes coming true....which usually goes wrong. It could be quite poignant if Steve dies again...
    So is magic part of the story? Because only magic could bring Steve back... I don't like it. I feel his return cheapens his first death honestly. :/

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Unless she flys under her own power like she has done for the last 35 years or so, it does not put to rest whether she flys or not.

It is very disappointing that they still do not have her fly like in the comics. Hopefully I am wrong about this, but lassoing lightning bolts is still not flying. Wearing a impractical golden chicken armor suit to fly, if that is the case is still nerfing her.
    We see her running very fast in the trailer. Why run when you can fly?

All-New Member

Unless she flys under her own power like she has done for the last 35 years or so, it does not put to rest whether she flys or not.

It is very disappointing that they still do not have her fly like in the comics. Hopefully I am wrong about this, but lassoing lightning bolts is still not flying. Wearing a impractical golden chicken armor suit to fly, if that is the case is still nerfing her.
    According to test screening reports, you're probably gonna get your wish in WW84.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

So is magic part of the story? Because only magic could bring Steve back... I don't like it. I feel his return cheapens his first death honestly. :/

I think it is magic. Apparently, the gods left behind a number relics around the planet.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    She was using the invisible plane and gliding on air currents before she was flying on her own power. Both of those things are in this movie, and the lightning is a cool addition to the gliding and a unique visual for her.

The films are using the entire history as reference, they can utilize/pay homage to different things without it being nerfing. It's also a clear escalation over what she did in her first film, so it remains to be seen what happens in the third.
    All we have seen is a preview of which she blocks bullets, fight a few grunt soldier types, looks like she is running fast, makes a super leap and lasso's lightning bolts. The only thing that looks like an escalation is the lightning bolt thing. Otherwise, she has done all the other things in the first movie.

And why does everyone assume she has an invisible plane? I can't tell by the preview itself what it is except that it is a plane.

And I don't need a reference to her entire history. I would like them to reference the past 35 or more years and be accurate about that. It doesn't seem that they nerfed Shazam at all in his first movie appearance. Why do they do that to Diana?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

All we have seen is a preview of which she blocks bullets, fight a few grunt soldier types, looks like she is running fast, makes a super leap and lasso's lightning bolts. The only thing that looks like an escalation is the lightning bolt thing. Otherwise, she has done all the other things in the first movie.

And why does everyone assume she has an invisible plane? I can't tell by the preview itself what it is except that it is a plane.

And I don't need a reference to her entire history. I would like them to reference the past 35 or more years and be accurate about that. It doesn't seem that they nerfed Shazam at all in his first movie appearance. Why do they do that to Diana?
    Because Captain Marvel always flew, Diana didn't.
    You not wanting references to her entire history doesn't mean they should be off the table. She's existed for more than 35 years.

Spoilers for the leaks
    spoilers:
    She and Steve are in the plane during the scene with the fireworks in the trailer. It's more of a nod than anything else. And the scene where she's running ends with her jumping into the air and gliding. The lightning is an extension of that scene. It doesn't seem she needs the golden armor to do it, it's all her. Which is not something she did in the first movie
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Less than 4 months for the movie release
    Will we get the 2nd trailer sooner?maybe within this month?

If we take the first movie as our model, they released trailers on 23 July (SDCC), November 3, March 12 (origin) and May 8. So we might get a special trailer sometime in March.

But WW84 is in a wholly another situation than the first Wonder Woman movie. WB could skip the entire SDCC thingy and put focus on their other movies there. They don't need to push to raise awareness of the movie or tell the audience about the character. Instead I simply guess they will drop a final trailer late April or early May, and put as much oomph in it as possible.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by hkgkindaichi View Post
    Less than 4 months for the movie release
    Will we get the 2nd trailer sooner?maybe within this month?
    I hope so!!!

Now that we have a great Black Canary in Jurnee Smollett-Bell, I think the Wonder Woman movie after WW84 should feature a teamup between Diana and Dinah.

Whether it's them just sparring as therapy or them going on adventure in the invisible plane doesn't matter, but get them together!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Because Captain Marvel always flew, Diana didn't.
    You not wanting references to her entire history doesn't mean they should be off the table. She's existed for more than 35 years.

Spoilers for the leaks
    spoilers:
    She and Steve are in the plane during the scene with the fireworks in the trailer. It's more of a nod than anything else. And the scene where she's running ends with her jumping into the air and gliding. The lightning is an extension of that scene. It doesn't seem she needs the golden armor to do it, it's all her. Which is not something she did in the first movie
    end of spoilers
    I like to see Patty showing different eras of wondy on the silver screen. And if the leaks are true, she is likely to fly on her own in WW84. Didn't some of the leaks mention that?

Spectacular Member

In the trailer, Hippolyta & someone else is standing in the background platform while the Amazons are jumping on the poles if you look in the background. also when the horses are running across the beach you can see their Arena way in the back on top of the mountain towards the left

Spectacular Member

I wonder how will cheetah learn to fight? Karate classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    I wonder how will cheetah learn to fight? Karate classes?
    Animal instincts maybe?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Animal instincts maybe?
    Yeah, she's probably going to have a mystical feral instinct that makes her dangerous in Cheetah form.