Page 68 of 170 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2541

The DCEU is a multi-author project, you're gonna have inconsistencies. These things exist in any other project of this sort, from the DC comic book continuity to Star Wars and the MCU.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The only question now is the first movie has Diana says to Batman you brought him back to me. Could this mean they retcon out the photo? I mean in 1984 trailer she had a photo of Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think she's going to be British. If Wiig can't do a convincing accent it may be for the best.
    So she'll be American like Priscilla and Deborah.
    Well, the first movie made Etta Candy British, so why not make Barbara Ann American?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The only question now is the first movie has Diana says to Batman you brought him back to me. Could this mean they retcon out the photo? I mean in 1984 trailer she had a photo of Steve.
    I think you're over-reading things here, and after all that we have no clue on the history of the photo from Veld after it was taken.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

There are many variables that make these kinds of polls valid/invalid as the months go by, and circumstances could always change the results, but back in 2017, another Fandango poll accurately predicted Wonder Woman becoming the biggest hit of the summer. This coming year, the Fandango poll results suggests that the four most anticipated films of 2020 are all female-led AND female directed (Wonder Woman 2, Black Widow, The Eternals, and Mulan; and with Birds of Prey also on the list, FIVE films directed by and starring women could end up the 5 biggest box office hits of the year. I am 100 % sure that this has no precedent in the history of Hollywood films).

https://www.thewrap.com/female-led-b...ipated-movies/

Most Anticipated Movie:

1-“Wonder Woman 1984”
    “Black Widow”
    Marvel’s “Eternals”
    “Mulan”
    “No Time to Die”
    “A Quiet Place 2”
    “Birds of Prey”
    “In the Heights”
    Pixar’s “Soul”
    “Fast & Furious 9”

Most Anticipated Actress:

1- Gal Gadot (“Wonder Woman 1984”)
    Scarlett Johansson (“Black Widow”)
    Emily Blunt (“A Quiet Place 2,” “Jungle Cruise”)
    Margot Robbie (“Birds of Prey,” “Barbie”)
    Zendaya (“Dune”)

Most Anticipated Actor:

1-Chris Pine (“Wonder Woman 1984”)
    Paul Rudd (“Ghostbusters: Afterlife”)
    Ryan Reynolds (“Free Guy”)
    Daniel Craig (“No Time to Die”)
    Robert Downey Jr. (“Dolittle”)

Most Anticipated Villain:

1- Kristen Wiig as Cheetah (“Wonder Woman 1984”)
    Rami Malek as Safin (“No Time to Die”)
    Ewan McGregor as Black Mask (“Birds of Prey”)
    Jim Carrey as Dr. Ivo Robotnik (“Sonic the Hedgehog”)
    Charlize Theron as Cipher (“Fast & Furious 9”)

Most Anticipated Family Film:

1- “Mulan”
    Pixar’s “Soul”
    “Sonic the Hedgehog”
    “Dolittle”
    “Jungle Cruise”

So, EMPIRE posted a new picture of Kristen Wiig:

This is clearly not the bespectacled shy gal seen in the first trailer. Can't tell if it's the intermediate step or the final form.

After seeing the trailer and previews for CATS, I'd be perfectly fine with a non- bestial Cheetah for WW84.

EDIT: Sorry, can't get the image to show up here. Just Google it.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 12-29-2019 at 04:35 AM.

This pic?

Incredible Member

That dress is gorgeous. At least we know WW84 will have impeccable fashion on display.

No offense to anyone, but I honestly feel people are taking the CATS atrocity entirely too far. Patty Jenkins herself said that they used makeup and prosthetics on Kristin Wiig, and we can see that Oscar winning makeup artists were hired specifically for Wiig's transformation. Jenkins also said CGI was only used to enhance and dow what was not humanly possible for the Cheetah transformation.

I'm not saying Cheetah is going to look good. I have no idea since I have not seen it. But what I am saying is that CATS wanted to keep the faces somewhat human because they wanted people to emotionally connect with the characters. They failed, but that was the intent. Cheetah is supposed to be a bestial villain who lost her humanity, so there's no reason whatsoever that Wiig's face should still look human after her transformation.

I'm sure this is not her final design, and I look forward to seeing it.

Some might find this encouraging:

I read somewhere (don't know how accurate) that one of the reasons the "cats" in CATS looks terrible is because its director refused to use motion capture. Essentially, he just had the actors perform and counted on the VFX team to turn them into cat-people...which is really not how you're supposed to do it.

Again, I can't say how accurate this is or if there's important context missing, but I would like to think Patty Jenkins at least knows how you're supposed to properly CG an actor's performance.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Cheetah looking creepy and disturbing post-transformation is part of the whole point for her. Whereas CATS seems to have resulted in that entirely by accident lol.

How good she looks remains to be seen, but the make up and prosthetic being involved is encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So, EMPIRE posted a new picture of Kristen Wiig:

This is clearly not the bespectacled shy gal seen in the first trailer. Can't tell if it's the intermediate step or the final form.

After seeing the trailer and previews for CATS, I'd be perfectly fine with a non- bestial Cheetah for WW84.
    I like the intermediate form idea. Cheetah being able to transform is something I think is a good idea. It really drives in the idea she CHOOSES to be a monster rather than being stuck with being a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Cheetah looking creepy and disturbing post-transformation is part of the whole point for her. Whereas CATS seems to have resulted in that entirely by accident lol....
    Hahaha ha ha, indeed they did.

And I agree with what you wrote about Cheetah post-transformation. She is supposed to look unnerving.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New Wonder Woman 1984 image (via Fandango):

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    This pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    New Wonder Woman 1984 image (via Fandango):

she looks awesome I would like to see some strength Feats in this movie I always wondered how it will look if she had the Stars on her skirt like in rebirth but I'm glad they did without them

Incredible Member

There's something about Gal's Wonder Woman that is so infectiously joyous. Just looking at her makes me smile. I'm so excited for this film.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

There's that Gal Gadot charm on full display!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--