Page 64 of 170 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Also, Ares was not in the first movie trailers at all. He wasn't even mentioned until the TV spots, and he's the driving motivation.

So this trailer is just a teaser, of Wonder Woman's power and armor, of Steve's return, and the glimpse of villains, but how they relate to each other or to Diana was still unclear. Right now they're just showcasing the 84 themes because of the title.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I read the full leaked plot summary on Reddit. Not sure if it's true, but a lot of it lines up with what we saw in the trailer.

spoilers:
    Not sure how I feel about the Cheetah plot. Doesn't sound like she is being set up as an ongoing arch nemesis, and her arc sounds wrapped up in this one. Albeit in a fitting way for this movie's story. It sounds solid for a one shot film, but I'd be disappointed if this is all we get in the film series
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I read the full leaked plot summary on Reddit. Not sure if it's true, but a lot of it lines up with what we saw in the trailer.

spoilers:
    Not sure how I feel about the Cheetah plot. Doesn't sound like she is being set up as an ongoing arch nemesis, and her arc sounds wrapped up in this one. Albeit in a fitting way for this movie's story. It sounds solid for a one shot film, but I'd be disappointed if this is all we get in the film series
    end of spoilers
    It is true, they posted it before trailer and pretty much lines up scene for scene with trailer.

Wonder Woman main problem has always been how her villains are treated compared to Batman, Superman and even Shazam.

First Ares and Dr Poison and now Cheetah.

Spectacular Member

I haven't read the leaked plot but through the comments all over the internet I still get the picture about what's going on.
    spoilers:
    does it look like Odyssey that at the end everything just resume normal and the whole event like never happened.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    It is true, they posted it before trailer and pretty much lines up scene for scene with trailer.

Wonder Woman main problem has always been how her villains are treated compared to Batman, Superman and even Shazam.

Its all in execution though. Her arc sounds better than theirs as it ties into Diana's pretty well and she will actually be a character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Not sure if this is the best way to respond, but, just in case...

spoilers:
    To be fair, the movie versions of super-villains tend to be "one and done", rarely do they show up in a sequel movie. So, if there is another WW film after this one, I doubt you'll see the Cheetah again.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

As far as this trailer is only concerned,

I dig the music
    I dig the outfits
    I dig the lasso
    I dig the subtle humor so far

I did not dig the way WW uses her lasso; it's like a spaghetti noodle
    I did not dig the way she lands her jumps
    I did not dig the fightiing scenes compared to Marvel's fight scenes (Black Widow)

But it's only the trailer, so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post

To be fair, movie villains in general are one-shot takes that are permanently defeated in one film. Even Batman and Superman.

I read snippets of the leak and spoilers:
    I don't think you can really compare Ares to Cheetah. The showing doesn't seem great but she's at least a prominent part of the film which the other two don't have going for them.
    end of spoilers

Though Dr. Poison was definitely memorable in her smallish role so I don't think anyone can really slam her as being poor treatment for WW's rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I read snippets of the leak and spoilers:
    I don't think you can really compare Ares to Cheetah. The showing doesn't seem great but she's at least a prominent part of the film which the other two don't have going for them.
    end of spoilers

Though Dr. Poison was definitely memorable in her smallish role so I don't think anyone can really slam her as being poor treatment for WW's rogues.
    spoilers:
    Agreed. And I think the scene were Diana fights the fully transformed Minerva has the potential to be cool if its executed well. I'm warming up to it the more I mull it over. I think my major issue is that her arc seems wrapped up at the end when she recants her wish, whereas I was hoping she wouldn't. Everything else at least sounds pretty dramatic though, she kicks Diana's ass in at least two scenes and one is when Diana has her powers back. And she's the one who wrecks her armor! I hope it isn't a quick battle...
    end of spoilers

I agree that I liked Poison in her capacity. That's about appropriate for who she is in the grand scheme of the WW mythos. Comparing Cheetah to either her or even Ares in terms of importance to their respective films seems like hyperbole. Barbara's a much bigger factor here if this summary is true.

Not a fan of what I'm hearing about Cheetah's role. This kind of arc is much more fitting for the original Silver Swan.

From what I can tell, the film is finished now, though Patty Jenkins still works on fine-tuning it. They could probably have done the original November release, but it'd have been a lot more hectic for her and the postproduction crew. I think the finished product will prove her right in delaying it to next year.

We will have to see how Cheetah ends looking up on screen, but given the trailer they are working hard on making sure that there is a lot of emotional groundwork done on Diana's and Barbara's relation. That's something that's all too often missing in superhero movies.

And yes. I agree that Doctor Poison was easily the most memorable of the villains of the first movie. That scene with her and Steve Trevor at the gala was a real highlight. I'd have loved to see more of her in the movie, but in a way, it's better to see too little of a character than it is to see too much.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Dr. Poison and general what's-his-face going full Boris and Natasha when tossing that one gas mask into the room (that won't work) was wonderful. I love her for that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Not a fan of what I'm hearing about Cheetah's role. This kind of arc is much more fitting for the original Silver Swan.
    spoilers:
    It does sound similar to Priscilla Rich or Deborah Domaine though. All three of the iconic Cheetahs are probably being used as a blueprint for her
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    She has yet to fly under her own power in any of her appearances in the DCEU. She has at best, hovered, and even that was somewhat ambiguous in her own movie. She is shown to be super leaping, possibly flying at the end of her movie, but this is just another ambiguous scene that can divide people one way or another.

If she can fly, then why hasn't she shown this ability in all the other movies she has been in? Why is this still a question to fans after all this time? Why and how does Cyborg fly before Wondy can, given that she has done this under her own power for the past 35 years or so? The only exceptions being the DCEU, her own animated movie, the first part of Justice League in the nu52 reboot and the can she/can't she dilemma that some of the comics writers throw to us only to show her flying many issues later.

Again, Wonder Woman gets shafted in the powers that have been given to her, probably because they think she will outshine Superman and the other manly Superhero's in her 'class'. Seems that Shazam had no problem flying!!
    spoilers:
    If What I read is true.

You can finally stop talking about this. :-p lol
    end of spoilers
    Richard Alexander

spoilers:
    I'm just glad that she will be flying under her own powers, providing if it's true. However, I don't like the Cheetah thing. She is her premier nemesis and needs to be a thorn in Diana's side at all times.
    end of spoilers
    Richard Alexander