Page 48 of 170 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This is good to hear.
    "Spy romance" is kind of a swerve. Maybe not totally unexpected with the "1984" stuff, but I'm curious to see how they are going to squeeze all this into that theme. I don't care if the film is "slow" and romantic, as long as it is deliberately paced and has strong character work and the action we DO get is good.

The good buzz for Wiig is especially great to hear. She's my most anticipated element.

Incredible Member

Spy romance is a little odd - simply because there didn't seem to be any obvious "spy" elements in the film based on the set reports (although Diana could be working for a spy agency or the villain could have ties to some kind of "evil" spy organisation).

But, a romantic comedy adventure along the lines of Romancing the Stone is ... interesting. It's going to be a long wait until it's 1984 again!

Fantastic Member

List of Important Elements:

A good story that shows how WW:

a) Kicks good arse...this was the premise of all superhero comics

b) great character interaction

c) Steve Trevor is fine, but it's not his movie and he should not be the star.

I hope Gal Gadot has been working on her acting.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    List of Important Elements:

A good story that shows how WW:

a) Kicks good arse...this was the premise of all superhero comics

b) great character interaction

c) Steve Trevor is fine, but it's not his movie and he should not be the star.

I hope Gal Gadot has been working on her acting.
    And from the test screening that A and C part are doubtful

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    And from the test screening that A and C part are doubtful
    Please cite evidence or refrain from making such statements.

Do you have any quotes from the test screening that say that Diana doesn't kick ass, or that Steve Trevor is the star of the film?
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It's a spoilers thread, so I'll leave it here, click it at your own risk:

EXCLUSIVE: Plot, Character Details Revealed For ‘Wonder Woman: 1984’: http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/...er-woman-1984/

Take it with a grain of salt anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Please cite evidence or refrain from making such statements.

Do you have any quotes from the test screening that say that Diana doesn't kick ass, or that Steve Trevor is the star of the film?
    I am sorry but if the fight scenes, CGI and power level were good. Wouldn't they be saying positive things about that.
    Aquaman test screening was all about how incredible the CGI and underwater action was.
    Test Screening usually is about what is the best things about thing about the movie and if the action was really good they would mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

EXCLUSIVE: Plot, Character Details Revealed For ‘Wonder Woman: 1984’: http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/...er-woman-1984/

Wow, thank you.

I am sorry but if the fight scenes, CGI and power level were good. Wouldn't they be saying positive things about that.
    Aquaman test screening was all about how incredible the CGI and underwater action was.
    Test Screening usually is about what is the best things about thing about the movie and if the action was really good they would mention it.
    Considering how early this test screening is and that the fx aren't completed, and that we've only got really vague responses and hints, I disagree.

That also assumes that the rumours around test screenings are in fact true. And no, I generally don't think that whatever happens to be posted on thiscooldmoviesite.com is worth getting worked up about or discuss.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Aquaman was also a "shut your brain off and enjoy the spectacle" kind of movie, so of course those were the big takeaways along with Momoa's shirtless self. Similarly, Godzilla: KOTM got a lot of good buzz in the lead up for the monster spectacle, but got trashed by critics. Undeservedly overall IMO, but the main point of that movie was CGI/spectacle over the performances.

This buzz focusing on the performances, especially the villain, is hopefully a good indicator that this film will be more than a mindless pretty picture show. If the buzz was all about the CGI and the action, I'd actually be kind of worried. Story and acting is better, and this tweet doesn't indicate anything else about the movie lacking in action. Because if it's good action, it will be lumped in with the rest of it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Thank you. Interesting. I don't particularly like it, but I can understand the reasons behind that approach. I hope that this doesn't detract from Barbara's agency too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Considering how early this test screening is and that the fx aren't completed, and that we've only got really vague responses and hints, I disagree.
    The movie was suppose to release in November. Remember. It is finished. It was only postponed because of Frozen 2.

The movie was suppose to release in November. Remember. It is finished. It was only postponed because of Frozen 2.
    Source? Especially since there are three weeks between November 1 (original release date for WW84) and November 22 (Frozen 2 release date).

Meanwhile, WW84's production team were all lobbying for the 2020 summer release.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])