Page 138 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2541
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    BVS Lex wasn’t.
    If nothing else, despite how flawed this movie is, I'm grateful Wiig as Cheetah was nowhere near as bad as BvS Lex or Leto Joker.

If anything, all the bad stuff is down to everything other than her performance, whereas those two were just awful and Razzie worthy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    ....when did Dwayne talk about magical circumstances invalidating rape in comics?

To me, it was rape. The Wonder Woman I read would have prioritized figuring out what happened to the soul of the man who was now possessed by Steve...not having sex with him.

Disgusting.

The movie had many problems, but that was a big one.
    Yeah, I just knew this was going to come up.

I was bothered by the body steal and the lack of concern about the guy being evicted. That seemed weird. Diana’s motivation to get her powers back should have been secondary to just returning the guy to his life, I thought. Plus this man must have been the worlds biggest isolationist for NOBODY to notice he was missing or trying to get in touch with him. No friends, work colleagues, or family at all.

But sexual assault? I don’t know. Mind swapping is a bit different to being roofied.
    Last edited by brettc1; 12-27-2020 at 01:45 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If nothing else, despite how flawed this movie is, I'm grateful Wiig as Cheetah was nowhere near as bad as BvS Lex or Leto Joker.

If anything, all the bad stuff is down to everything other than her performance, whereas those two were just awful and Razzie worthy.

I loved Eisenberg Lex! It's probably the most realistic depiction of Lex we'll ever get.

The one good thing about this movie being flawed is now I don't feel bad for it coming out in the pandemic and on HBO Max simultaneous release. A Pyrrhic victory but I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I loved Eisenberg Lex! It's probably the most realistic depiction of Lex we'll ever get.
    In that case, sometimes realism really IS best left at the door in these things
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 12-27-2020 at 01:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The one good thing about this movie being flawed is now I don't feel bad for it coming out in the pandemic and on HBO Max simultaneous release. A Pyrrhic victory but I'll take it.
    There is a VERY small. Number of flawless movies because almost none give me EXACTLY what I want.

Ares wasn’t perfect in the first movie. It is flawed.

She didn’t fly. It is flawed.

She’s the daughter Of Zeus. It is flawed.

I could tell you something I wanted more of, Less of, or different in almost every movie I have ever seen.

At the end of the day you just learn to decide if you enjoyed it enough to like it overall. Which in this case I do.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

WW84 has a 5.9 rating on IMDB but has 72% Audience Rating on RT.

Also it seems it has been better received among female audiences

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7126948...?ref_=tt_ov_rt
    Last edited by BBally; 12-27-2020 at 03:14 PM.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

I feel this might be a case of two sides deciding that the film either should be a masterpiece or an abomination and nothing in between (fun...etc)

Most of the people I follow are judging as in between, being a fun superhero romp with some flaws. And a fun superhero romp is all I need.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Seems the film is doing well all things considered

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/...66216421548036

Also seems the film is doing really well in India

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/...15472796815367

Let's take the Jedi talk elsewhere, please
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Even though both movies have been letdowns to me, I like the fact that Patty Jenkins is getting to complete a trilogy. Jenkins’ and Gadot’s characterization of Diana has never been the problem.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Even though both movies have been letdowns to me, I like the fact that Patty Jenkins is getting to complete a trilogy. Jenkins’ and Gadot’s characterization of Diana has never been the problem.
    This is largely why I don't want Jenkins to leave entirely. Ideally she should remain as an overseeing producer and help with the plot/script. But IMO we will need a new director who is better at handling action and spectacle.

Also, I don't usually care for Grace Randolph but I watched her speculation video on WW3 and I like her ideas of Wonder Woman and Lynda Carter vs. Cheetah and Circe.

So it looks like Max apparently outshines Wigg as Cheetah? That’s ironic given the feelings people here have towards Lord even being a Wonder Rogue lol. Shame they seem to have dropped the ball with Cheetah again. I think I’m going to wait to watch given the reception, but it looks like all the core parts of who Diana is are present. Some of the complaints, like Diana not murdering Max with a neck snap, strike me as people getting mad that Diana isn’t the warrior woman she’s been treated as elsewhere. Shows how ingrained and toxic the treatment of Diana at DC has been.
    Bro what? BvS Lex isn’t realistic at all, he’s pure Silver Age camp through Snyder’s Dark Age aesthetic. He’s an embarrassing portrayal of mental illness and is pure cringe. Remember this is a Lex who makes a piss IED and flips a painting so the devils come down from the sky (wooooaaah the symbolism).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Bro what? BvS Lex isn’t realistic at all, he’s pure Silver Age camp through Snyder’s Dark Age aesthetic. He’s an embarrassing portrayal of mental illness and is pure cringe. Remember this is a Lex who makes a piss IED and flips a painting so the devils come down from the sky (wooooaaah the symbolism).
    The piss wasn't an IED, that was a "Na na, boo boo" to Senator Finch. The bomb was in the wheelchair. Facts.

Retired

I wish there were more positive reviews/reactions to WONDER WOMAN 1984. I find that if I have a somewhat positive response to a movie or T.V. show, watching even more positive reactions increases my enjoyment of the show. So I try to seek out those positive videos or posts. If it's something I didn't like, then I'll seek out content that makes me feel even worse about it. But I liked WONDER WOMAN 1984--and with enough encouragement, I could even love it.