Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    She looks stunning here, she is stunning

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    She looks stunning here, she is stunning
    Indeed she does and indeed she is.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Well ... that new costume is certainly ... different.

It's not what I was expecting. I was expecting something more like a "golden" version of Queen Hippolyta's heavy armour (which itself was already pretty gold), with maybe a few new details specific to Diana (as opposed to Hippolyta). I didn't expect Diana to raid Black Canary's wardrobe and paint her costume gold and red.

I really hope that it looks better on screen than in this highly posed and over saturated promotional poster. In the poster, it looks like a pretty cheap, fetishist costume to me. The "fishnet stockings" texture of the pants (?) is particularly glaring. And some aspects just don't make sense - why is Diana still wearing leather hand-wraps when she's pretty damn near invulnerable and in an almost completely new costume (apart from the gauntlets). The brown leather is out of place against the ... gold plastic / leather and red armour.

EDIT: Looking at the costume blown-up, I realise that it's not a "fishnet stockings" texture / pattern. Instead, it looks like scaled / raised armour and the lighting / saturated colours is just making it look like fishnet stockings. So, the pants should look better in live action.

And I do miss the tiara, but I expect that is missing because Diana wears some kind of armoured helmet / head covering with this costume.

The heightened / exaggerated "boob plate" armour is also disappointing. They can still suggest a feminine form, without encasing each individual breast in its own armour (and providing an easy way for a sword to be plunged straight through the middle of Diana's chest). The Lady Sif costume from the MCU manages this well.

It also looks plain uncomfortable. I'm guessing that Diana has no choice in donning this new armour to defeat some new foe, but the "hardened" diaper / panties area and "armoured / solid" torso (which is designed to appear to be a single "solid" piece) looks like it would be difficult to move in if we're expected to believe that it is metallic (as opposed to painted plastic / fabric), even if it is a "magical" metal which moves like fabric. Even for Gal Gadot, it doesn't look like a very comfortable costume to wear (not that the Superman, Batman, etc costumes are comfortable for the actors, but still).

I'm really disappointed that the alternate costume isn't more akin to this: https://dcextendeduniverse.fandom.co...yta_poster.jpg

https://dcextendeduniverse.fandom.co...a_on_beach.jpg

Or this: https://dcextendeduniverse.fandom.co...lyta_looks.jpg

Ideally, WITH the eagle cloak designed for DoJ: https://dcextendeduniverse.fandom.co..._Hippolyta.jpg

Still, it's nice that Diana is covered from neck to toe. And ... that she's given a unique colour scheme amongst the DC heroes (other than Captain Atom, Captain Marvel / Shazam and maybe a couple of others).

But, that's about all the nice things I can say. It's particularly disappointing that the torso doesn't appear to include any of her classic iconography, whether a "WW" or an "eagle". Maybe the shoulder pads are suggestive of the eagle's wings and that is lost because of the over the shoulder hairstyle?

EDIT: Again, looking at a blown-up version of the costume, I can see the eagle's (small) head, so her iconography is still there. Although, it's not as obvious / prominent as I would like (e.g. I can't imagine many Superman or Batman costumes where the "S" and some form of a "bat" symbol aren't crystal clear).

It's just so strange. MCU launches Captain Marvel with an awesome, practical costume. And DC responds with this sexy gold robot costume for their premier female superhero.
    Last edited by Agent 86; 06-05-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Maybe it looks so armored because it's a response to Cheetah?

BANNED

This one looks great.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8MDYSeX...jpg&name=small

About the armor. I'm not interested in any new suit. I want to see a more powerful Diana on her own. One thing i don't like about DCEU and Rebirth is how dependent on gear she is. Do you think there is hope we will see better feats of her actual powers in the sequel, or will it be all about the gear again?

The new armor looks ridiculous, but I kind of love it. I'm weird.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Diana has always wore special armor depending on the enemy. Why should this be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Official Picture. New Armor.

Attachment 83092
    Terrible, Beyonce did it better.

WW Armor Beyonce 3.jpg

The electric neon W lightning background isn't helping. Though really add some Grecian elements with a cape and helmet, make it more like the Golden Eagle armor and it could work.

But wouldn't the eagle armour still be over the top?

People are comparing it to this

62197976_10161730165350548_5564965752215175168_n.jpg
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-05-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    But wouldn't the eagle armour still be over the top?

People are comparing it to this

62197976_10161730165350548_5564965752215175168_n.jpg
    84 is much better than that, but not as good as the Golden Eagle armor which as over the top as it is, still looks majestic and fits the iconography.

WW AROUR 13 WWeaglearmor1color1b.jpg

Spectacular Member

Kind of mixed the design from Alex ross and George perez

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Official Picture. New Armor.

Attachment 83092
    Looks great to me! Diana only breaks out the all-gold armor when crap is about to get REAL!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I bet it comes with a pair of hefty metal wings that enable her to fly

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I bet it comes with a pair of hefty metal wings that enable her to fly
    Instead of "your mouth to God's ear" your typing fingers to Patty Jenkins' twitter feed.

You mean the one that had the eagle hamlet? I don't know it's iconic but it's over the top in design. I mean I would like a redesign