Page 147 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2541
    BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

[*] I think Cheetah has a lot of potential? And I hope she comes back in a hypothetical Justice League vs Legion of Doom movie. I mean heck, Black Manta's still out there too, there's definitely starting to be enough stray villains to pull it off.
    I hope that Cheetah returns in the next WW film.
    Cheetah returning in Wonder Woman 3 could be a chance to explore themes of redemption and regret in regard to Barbara. I can see a scenario where Circe is the main villain, and manipulates Cheetah into believing that the witch can grant Barbara full, unlimited powers as a werewoman (also could be our chance to get a Cheetah that looks more like the post-Perez Cheetah, not just looks-wise but powers-wise). Towards the end of the film, Cheetah realizes that Circe has been using her and that Diana has always been a friend to her, and maybe Cheetah can be instrumental in Circe's defeat. I hope that, after two films that centered Steve Trevor too much, a third WW is totally female-centric, with the main conflict being all about women (Cheetah, Circe, Diana, Julia Kapatelis, and Vanessa).
    And maybe the fourth film (I can dream!!!) can introduce Eris looking for revenge against Diana for Ares' death, and Vanessa being turned into SIlver Swan. In WW4, I would not mind if they bring in Trevor Barnes, Mike Schorr or Ed Indelicato for a potential romantic subplot.
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 12-30-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    The more I think about the movie, the more I like it.

I think there are some legitimate criticisms to be made, but all the ones I really care about are fairly insubstantial, and don't drag the movie down much. On the contrary, I really value the elements I thought were very good, where the elements I think needed work were a real small part of the experience to me.

Among the best parts:
    [*] My fiancee suspected that Max was going to be a generic "seemingly affable businessman revealed to be cartoonishly menacing" a la Obadiah Stane. What we got instead was so refreshing and great, a truly charming, very banally evil kind of villain, but still so easy to understand and so much fun to watch. Absolutely one of the best villains in a while in super-hero movies, very unique.
    [*] Some people think the action sucked because it wasn't brutal enough?? On the contrary, I think the fact that Diana went out of her way not to badly hurt those she fought was a triumph of characterization-through-action, something the super-hero genre as a whole needs to get better at. It was phenomenal and one of my favorite aspects.
    [*] Even when not doing that, the action was Real Good.
    [*] So much beauty and joy and sadness in the scenes with Steve, holy moley. I wasn't sure that he was going to live up to the Steve from WW1, but he was excellent.
    [*] I think Cheetah has a lot of potential? And I hope she comes back in a hypothetical Justice League vs Legion of Doom movie. I mean heck, Black Manta's still out there too, there's definitely starting to be enough stray villains to pull it off.

The trashing this movie is getting is ridiculous and totally unmerited; there are things I can see why folks would complain about them, but the extent of the hate is just stupid.

WW84 isn't gonna be in my Top 5 Super-Hero movies, but it might be in the Top 10. I think it's about as good as "Aquaman," maybe a bit better.
    I've noticed that people like to pile on. When it comes to movies like this especially the idiots on youtube.
    I firmly believe you can't be a Fan and a Critic at the same time.

Retired

I see the movie giving the fans a lot of what they said they wanted. And yet the movie is getting a backlash from many of these same fans. It's like, when fans get service, they just want more and they can never be satisfied. It's never going to be everything they wanted.

If these fans weren't so powerful at hurting the box office, the producers would probably be better off not listening to them. I don't think there was any fan crying out for a Wonder Woman movie set in the First World War. But when they got that--they were happy (well as happy as comic book fans can be). So maybe fans don't know what's good for them.

Read a funny comment just a while ago. Diana told Max she doesn't own a TV. She, in fact, owns a butt-ton of TV sets.

Lie on Diana's part, or writer oversight?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I see the movie giving the fans a lot of what they said they wanted. And yet the movie is getting a backlash from many of these same fans. It's like, when fans get service, they just want more and they can never be satisfied. It's never going to be everything they wanted.

If these fans weren't so powerful at hurting the box office, the producers would probably be better off not listening to them. I don't think there was any fan crying out for a Wonder Woman movie set in the First World War. But when they got that--they were happy (well as happy as comic book fans can be). So maybe fans don't know what's good for them.
    Most fans are happy with diana's voice and the characters emotional moments. It is the awkward cgi and the uninspired action moments where most of the complains come from.

Well we might have have seen the last of cheetah.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/12/wo...ah-1234606968/

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Well we might have have seen the last of cheetah.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/12/wo...ah-1234606968/
    Barbara didn't renounce her wish, she lost her Cheetah form as a result of Max renouncing his, but her wish to be like Diana is still in effect which means Barbara is immortal and could show up in WW3

In my head this could lead to Circe being introduced. I mean what other powerful person could there be

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Read a funny comment just a while ago. Diana told Max she doesn't own a TV. She, in fact, owns a butt-ton of TV sets.

Are they tvs or monitors?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    In my head this could lead to Circe being introduced. I mean what other powerful person could there be
    Doctor Cyber.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Are they tvs or monitors?
    I caught that the second time I watched the movie, but they are live monitors so it's arguable that she wasn't lying. And when she meets Max Lord, she clearly doesn't want to encourage him--so she's being glib. She says something about not wanting another T.V. to replace the one she doesn't have. Diana Prince has a dour sense of humour.

Extraordinary Member

I just got back from the second viewing.

I enjoyed it MUCH more this time. All my concerns about pacing and action disappeared. I just sat back and enjoyed the ride and came out very happy.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Some update on the box office front:

https://deadline.com/2020/12/wonder-...ce-1234661795/
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman 1984 Box Office Update

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

I assumed it was a punchline whose set-up was the earlier claim that she didn't own one, the humorous twist being the reveal that she was lying! At the least, my fiancée and I laughed enough to justify calling it a punchline, haha!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."