Page 99 of 169 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2535
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    It says theaters and HBO Max...so it looks like they've decided they're ok with the money lost...

Patty Jenkins:

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...11121790664704

Well that sucks. Seems like for one reason or another, WW always gets the short end of the stick. This movie won't do a good profit if they realese it this year.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This is disappointing. I've been looking forward to this movie for two years but I'm not going to risk my life to see it and I'm not getting a subscription to a streaming service just to see one movie.
    Assassinate Putin!

Looks like they're working on a program to rent out their own theaters to help protect against covid.
    https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...re-theaters%2F

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This is disappointing. I've been looking forward to this movie for two years but I'm not going to risk my life to see it and I'm not getting a subscription to a streaming service just to see one movie.
    You can always cancel the subscription service, and if it's like other services it's about the price of a movie ticket (or less) anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Well that sucks. Seems like for one reason or another, WW always gets the short end of the stick. This movie won't do a good profit if they realese it this year.
    I’d assume most of the heads at WB would know this movie wouldn’t perform as well going to streaming as it would have if COVID had never blown up. Guess we can all just hope it does well enough on MAX.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

What is the point in releasing it now? In this context it will not make a good profit. So what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    There's a lot of good stuff on HBO Max, though. I'd say where it comes to content, it beats all the other streaming services.

Yas! My sister is gonna be so happy, it's right around her birthday and she LOVES Cheetah!

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I guess they couldn't wait more

I hope Wonder Woman 3 gets good box office numbers with Circe as the villain
    I certainly hope that there is a WW3 (and with Circe!!!)

I hope that the studio does not cancel their plans for a Wonder Woman 3 when they see WW84 underperforming in theatres and when the overall money they make on streaming does not even come close to what they could have made in theatres in a COVID19-free world. I mean, at this point everyone knows that all films in theatres are either underperporming or flopping, and they should not hold it against future WW movies. It is easy to think "that goes without saying! Of course they will do a WW3! They know this is an extraordinary situation and it does not refelct on people's interest in Wonder Woman the character!" but, we all know that Wonder Woman has never been treated (by the powers that be) as well as Superman and Batman. There has always been a double standard when it comes to movies/franchises starring women, and it sucks!
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 11-19-2020 at 02:19 AM.

Incredible Member

I love the way they give the choice to the countries with HBO Max but if your in country without it like the U.K. you get no choice. So they can F off I won’t be seeing the film fall stop. I thought the decision on Tenet was down to the director but maybe not.

If Disney make something available on Disney+ then that’s fine as most countries can see it. But HBO Max has such a limited global reach that it effectively means it doesn’t get seen. Much new material on the service has never been picked up over here in the U.K. as it relies on someone like SKY picking it up as they have a first look deal, and often they just don’t seem to have any interest.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 11-19-2020 at 02:33 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I certainly hope that there is a WW3 (and with Circe!!!)

I hope that the studio does not cancel their plans for a Wonder Woman 3 when they see WW84 underperforming in theatres and when the overall money they make on streaming does not even come close to what they could have made in theatres in a COVID19-free world. I mean, at this point everyone knows that all films in theatres are either underperporming or flopping, and they should not hold it against future WW movies. It is easy to think "that goes without saying! Of course they will do a WW3! They know this is an extraordinary situation and it does not refelct on people's interest in Wonder Woman the character!" but, we all know that Wonder Woman has never been treated (by the powers that be) as well as Superman and Batman. There has always been a double standard when it comes to movies/franchises starring women, and it sucks!
    At least Disney have the sense to sit on Black Widow until when it will hopefully be safer to see it at the cinema.

Sigh, it would've been the biggest movie of the year at the box office if things hadn't gone so spectacularly sideways. Would have pushed it to Summer 2021. AT&T would look mighty stupid if Wonder Woman 3's box office is hurt because of this move. Speaking of, how will Wonder Woman 1984's profitability be measured now to warrant a sequel? As Top Hat mentioned, HBO Max isn't even available overseas. Online piracy will destroy its box office prospects there.

Hopefully the powers that be have enough sense to write the HBO Max contract in such a way that they can place it on other streaming networks in places where HBO Max doesn't have a presence. I know publishers and distributors like to grab as many rights as they can (and that behaviour has gotten worse with the Internet), but WB letting them get away with it would be incompetent and stupid.

I doubt the box office will have an impact on Wonder Woman 3. As I understand it, the most important contracts are already in place, and sheer box office is not the only variable used to determine if a movie is successful and deserving of a sequel.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

WB would be crazy to cancel WW3, she's one of their most successful DC characters both critically and commercially.

Incredible Member

It’s doubling confusing over in the U.K. even for those able too or inclined to go the cinema as we have things like one government minister saying cinemas will remain closed after the second lockdown ends on the 2nd December, and the another government minister saying the exact opposite.

That’s of course if the lockdown still ends in England on the 2nd December.