Page 66 of 170 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't know if they are aiming to make Diana look like a pacifist. She's also a powerful weapon herself, so she doesn't need the extra weapons as a rule. Certainly not against any of the people she's shown fighting in the trailer.

Heroic characters have a tradition of using swords, so do the villains they clash against. And horror movies have a long tradition of the villains hacking people to bits with bladed weapons. Unless she's fighting a monster like Doomsday, it's not really appropriate for her to battle any unarmed opponents with a bladed weapon. What else would she use it for besides slashing and stabbing attacks?
    Yeah, she's not a pacifist, but she's fighting non-lethally.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/12/10/...KiSZaUwxN55Dg0

Diana and the Amazons know enough and have created their own fighting style to make themselves win and not harm people. Diana often gives others a chance to chance.

"Pacifism" tends to mean "never throws a punch". Not even Marston portrayed Diana like that.

It was obvious they weren’t using the sword and shield in this based on all of the set photos and official imagery do not sure why that’s a surprise to anyone. :P

but it’s great to get official confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I like the brighter colors of the costume, the lassoing of lightning bolts, the tiara being used as a weapon, and the fact that Steve is back. I was kind of hoping Diana would add a red star to her tiara and some white ones to her skirt.
    I agree, but think because of how Liam Sharp drew it in Rebirth the blue on the costume is sparkly enough it makes up for the white stars.

It seems they've tried to fix the things I hated about the first film, the dreary tone, the muted colors, the sword and shield, the obscene level of distance from the tv show and comics, the lack of an Amazon contest, etc. so I'm willing to meet them halfway.

I really love that trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Again, not sure of your meaning.

But...I will talk about this whether you like me to say it or not.
    You doing too much. My point is simply as I said. If what I read is true, you will have no reason to talk about this again.
    Richard Alexander

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    You doing too much. My point is simply as I said. If what I read is true, you will have no reason to talk about this again.
    And what is it that you are reading that might turn out to be true?

And what is it that you are reading that might turn out to be true?
    Supposedly the "Script" leaked online, and it leaked before the trailer came out and it matched almst exactly with what we saw in the trailer, so most people believe it to be true.

spoilers:
    She realizes she can fly after a conversation with Steve, so most if not all of the last act has her flying, and her final scene has her taking off in the air like Clark would
    end of spoilers
    Richard Alexander

Any theory as to why Steve’s watch moves on it’s own (in the second close-up on it shown in the trailer)?

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Any theory as to why Steve’s watch moves on it’s own (in the second close-up on it shown in the trailer)?
    I’m also curious about this. I didn’t catch it until Grace Randolph did her reaction to it.

Fantastic Member

Default It does not hve a mind of its own

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Did you just say the magic lasso isn't magic?
    There's hardly anything realistic about it. She's lassoed things from lightning to the very planet itself.
    It's not magic in a sense that it can just guide itself..yes, WW does, but the point is that WW'use of it is hardly impressive. If she had telepathic control of it, it would be a different story at least

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Supposedly the "Script" leaked online, and it leaked before the trailer came out and it matched almst exactly with what we saw in the trailer, so most people believe it to be true.

spoilers:
    She realizes she can fly after a conversation with Steve, so most if not all of the last act has her flying, and her final scene has her taking off in the air like Clark would
    end of spoilers
    I read the reddit post when it first came on before it got deleted, and it didn't imply what you wrote in the spoilers. If I am wrong, then great, but this also does damage to the two other movies she was in because her powers just make no sense then. It would be entirely retconning BvS and JL. I don't get the vibe that they are doing that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I read the reddit post when it first came on before it got deleted, and it didn't imply what you wrote in the spoilers. If I am wrong, then great, but this also does damage to the two other movies she was in because her powers just make no sense then. It would be entirely retconning BvS and JL. I don't get the vibe that they are doing that.
    Practically everything WB is doing as a studio indicates that they don't give a crap about strict continuity with the Snyder aspects of the DCEU and are distancing themselves from it as much as possible.

Who cares if it damages those two films? I thought you didn't like her portrayal in those anyway. Why should JL in particular be a concern? It was already damaged goods, that isn't Jenkins' problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Practically everything WB is doing as a studio indicates that they don't give a crap about strict continuity with the Snyder aspects of the DCEU and are distancing themselves from it as much as possible.

Who cares if it damages those two films? I thought you didn't like her portrayal in those anyway. Why should JL in particular be a concern? It was already damaged goods, that isn't Jenkins' problem.
    Because it makes a movie entirely implausible to me. If Diana got curb stomped and flew as well as the proverbial chicken as was the case in JL, then it does not make sense for her to be able to do things counter to that.

I would need the DCEU at large to come out and specifically say that JL and BvS are garbage and to throw out what you know based on them. Otherwise, what is in their movies are 'canon' even if contradicted by what has happened in other movies. Hell, I would like my money back if that was the case.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Because it makes a movie entirely implausible to me. If Diana got curb stomped and flew as well as the proverbial chicken as was the case in JL, then it does not make sense for her to be able to do things counter to that.

I would need the DCEU at large to come out and specifically say that JL and BvS are garbage and to throw out what you know based on them. Otherwise, what is in their movies are 'canon' even if contradicted by what has happened in other movies. Hell, I would like my money back if that was the case.
    Why does a self contained movie become implausible due to contradicting another failed movie? The DCEU's continuity is not as strict as comic books, and the casual audience who makes up most of the ticket sales do not give a crap about contradictions the way we do.

You're giving too much power to movies you don't like. Just worry about the Wonder Woman films on their own merits. They are mostly self contained, and WB is treating them as such for the time being, and treating BvS, MOS and JL as embarrassments they are trying to move away from. Nobody is treating the previous films as mattering anymore. The recasting for Batman speaks volumes, as does the rumored new casting of Superman. That visions is dead, time to move on, it speaks for itself.