Page 102 of 170 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2541
    Incredible Member

Now that we know for a fact that Wonder Woman 1984 is coming out for Christmas, my hype levels are at unbearable levels. I just bought a hell of a lot of Wonder Woman merchandise - including some pajamas I'm going to wear as I watch it - and I am ready to immerse myself in perfection for 2 hours and 31 minutes.

I'm so happy the social media reactions are so exclamatory. I can't wait for the review embargo on the 15th. Today was a great day to be a Wonder Woman fan.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Now that we know for a fact that Wonder Woman 1984 is coming out for Christmas, my hype levels are at unbearable levels. I just bought a hell of a lot of Wonder Woman merchandise - including some pajamas I'm going to wear as I watch it - and I am ready to immerse myself in perfection for 2 hours and 31 minutes.

I'm so happy the social media reactions are so exclamatory. I can't wait for the review embargo on the 15th. Today was a great day to be a Wonder Woman fan.
    This is generally a good sign, right? Shows they have some confidence in the movie.

I know in hindsight the embargos on BvS and Suicide Squad being later and right before the release should have made us go "uh-oh," so this is reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This is generally a good sign, right? Shows they have some confidence in the movie.

I know in hindsight the embargos on BvS and Suicide Squad being later and right before the release should have made us go "uh-oh," so this is reassuring.
    It's not a hard rule but yeah from what I recall when studios lift embargos a little while before the film actually releases (in this case 10 days) it shows the studios have confidence in the film.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's not a hard rule but yeah from what I recall when studios lift embargos a little while before the film actually releases (in this case 10 days) it shows the studios have confidence in the film.
    Xmen Apocalypse lifted the embargo super early because they were confident in the film. That being said, Patty is a much more talented director, so I have no concerns.

The first critic reactions to Wonder Woman 1987 are all raves: https://www.ign.com/articles/wonder-...piring-message

Patty, Gal and Chris have done it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The first critic reactions to Wonder Woman 1987 are all raves: https://www.ign.com/articles/wonder-...piring-message

Patty, Gal and Chris have done it again!
    I hope that the film is allowed to be looked at as a popular film regardless of what the "official" box office run ends up being. I see this as a film that can potentially be in theaters throughout the year, depending on how the management of the virus evolves over the next several months. same goes with the other Warner tentpole films. I just hope that there don't end up being doomsday articles talking about, "Well, after a month of limited release, WW84 has only grossed ______ vs its production budget of _______ and its marketing budget of _______.. is the franchise stillborn as retail theaters re-evaluate their relationship with the major studios?.."

Seriously, these articles are at risk of happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that the film is allowed to be looked at as a popular film regardless of what the "official" box office run ends up being. I see this as a film that can potentially be in theaters throughout the year, depending on how the management of the virus evolves over the next several months. same goes with the other Warner tentpole films. I just hope that there don't end up being doomsday articles talking about, "Well, after a month of limited release, WW84 has only grossed ______ vs its production budget of _______ and its marketing budget of _______.. is the franchise stillborn as retail theaters re-evaluate their relationship with the major studios?.."

Seriously, these articles are at risk of happening.
    Warner Bros. may not release box office information at all.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Patty Jenkins Confirms Wonder Woman 1984 Post-Credit Scene, Explains Why Press Didn't See It: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...s-didnt-see-it

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Patty Jenkins Confirms Wonder Woman 1984 Post-Credit Scene, Explains Why Press Didn't See It: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...s-didnt-see-it
    A tease for Circe perhaps?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It's a possibility. I guess the post credit scene will set up the 3rd WW movie and/or show Diana in present day.

Could be anything, really. It might point towards a new storyline (like the only-on-DVD pub scene with the motherbox picture from the 2017 movie), but it could be something else entirely.

But I doubt it will include a new character, at least not within the Wonderverse. WB doesn't have enough concrete plans for that.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I think we would've heard rumors about them casting Circe if she was in it, unless it's just a vague reference that doesn't actually feature her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we would've heard rumors about them casting Circe if she was in it, unless it's just a vague reference that doesn't actually feature her.
    It could be like Xmen Days of Future Past with the Apocolypse end credit. They just hire someone in Circe iconography to allude to the character, but then hire a new actress for the movie. Granted, I'm not certain what would be Circe's visual iconography for a large number of people like Apocolypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    This would make me so happy.