Page 104 of 170 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2541

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If we complete this trilogy with Cheetah, Ares, Dr. Poison and Circe, I'm calling it a net win even factoring in Max
    Find a way to throw in Giganta and we’re golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Find a way to throw in Giganta and we’re golden.
    And Dr Psycho. Actually I suspect he'll be the secondary villain in WW3 (unless Cheetah returns). He was an occultist in Marston's stories so there's a way to tie him with Circe.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Not sure if this has been listed yet, but we have the track listing for Hans Zimmer's soundtrack:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...terTower-Music

Themyscira
    Games
    Black Gold
    Wish We Had More Time
    The Stone
    Cheetah
    Fireworks
    Anything You Want
    Open Road
    Without Armor
    The White House
    Already Gone
    Radio Waves
    Lord of Desire
    The Beauty In What Is
    Truth
    Lost and Found (Bonus Track)

"Lord of Desire", someone likes their puns.

Looking forward to Cheetah's theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    "Lord of Desire", someone likes their puns.

Looking forward to Cheetah's theme.
    Oh geez I didn't even notice the pun lol.

Cheetah theme is the one I want the most, and I imagine "Radio Waves" will play when she and Diana are fighting. Maybe it will blend their two themes together?

Open Road was released, and is pretty awesome

Oh geez I didn't even notice the pun lol.

Cheetah theme is the one I want the most, and I imagine "Radio Waves" will play when she and Diana are fighting. Maybe it will blend their two themes together?

Yeah, I imagine that'll probably play during that truck convoy scene from the trailers.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    It could be like Xmen Days of Future Past with the Apocolypse end credit. They just hire someone in Circe iconography to allude to the character, but then hire a new actress for the movie. Granted, I'm not certain what would be Circe's visual iconography for a large number of people like Apocolypse.
    A Circe-themed iconography could be a triple crescent moon to reference her connection to Hecate, who is known for being a triple moon goddess, as well as a three-faced deity.

As was "Themyscira".

Some thoughts on the "Themyscira" and "Open Road". Note that this is only as music; how it will work in the context of the movie is wholly another thing. And I will obviously compare with the 2017 Wonder Woman score, which in a way is unfair, because that score does have the context of the movie to support it.

First, it's clear that it ties back to the music in the 2017 Wonder Woman. Lots of drums and some cello, plenty of callbacks to the melodies and themes of the old score.

But there is some stuff I don't like. There is a lot more brass here compared to the strings of the 2017 score, making it more conventionally heroic. The tempos felt rather stressful, and "Themyscira" never really established Themyscira as a nice place with hidden depths for me like "Amazons of Themyscira" or "History Lesson" did.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    As was "Themyscira".

Some thoughts on the "Themyscira" and "Open Road". Note that this is only as music; how it will work in the context of the movie is wholly another thing. And I will obviously compare with the 2017 Wonder Woman score, which in a way is unfair, because that score does have the context of the movie to support it.

First, it's clear that it ties back to the music in the 2017 Wonder Woman. Lots of drums and some cello, plenty of callbacks to the melodies and themes of the old score.

But there is some stuff I don't like. There is a lot more brass here compared to the strings of the 2017 score, making it more conventionally heroic. The tempos felt rather stressful, and "Themyscira" never really established Themyscira as a nice place with hidden depths for me like "Amazons of Themyscira" or "History Lesson" did.
    I think "Open Road" sounding more conventionally heroic fits since it's likely tied to whatever action scene is going on the desert with the trucks. Wonder Woman is a superhero after all, so a more straight forward heroic action score isn't going to be out of place in a movie and is I feel what most people want from this.

I don't think "Themyscira" really indicates that it isn't a nice place, the track may just not cover the same ground those other two tracks already covered. It also may tie into the Olympic style games they're doing in the trailers.

I think "Open Road" sounding more conventionally heroic fits since it's likely tied to whatever action scene is going on the desert with the trucks. Wonder Woman is a superhero after all, so a more straight forward heroic action score isn't going to be out of place in a movie and is I feel what most people want from this.

I don't think "Themyscira" really indicates that it isn't a nice place, the track may just not cover the same ground those other two tracks already covered. It also may tie into the Olympic style games they're doing in the trailers.
    I’ve thought that too for “Themyscria”. Sounds like the kind of song you’d hear at some Olympics ceremony.

Incredible Member

Twelve more days!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Apparently Patty Jenkins is directing a Star Wars movie. That explains her comments about WW3 not happening for a while.
    Exactly, Star Wars and the Cleopatra will be Patty's next projects and she wants to focus on those first before going back to WW. The 3rd movie look will be a longer wait than the 2nd one.

Though if she's still playing ball with the Snyder cut, I'm hoping he at least doesn't have Steppenwolf kill off Philippus, Euboea or other Amazons like the theatrical release and she will still be able to use them if desired in WW3.
    That sequence was Snyder's.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, but didn't Whedon re-shoot it since the theatrical cut had the different version of Steppenwolf?

Either way, it would be nice if we could pretend it didn't happen. Screw that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Exactly, Star Wars and the Cleopatra will be Patty's next projects and she wants to focus on those first before going back to WW. The 3rd movie look will be a longer wait than the 2nd one.

I wouldn't be surprised if that planned Amazons spin-off happens before a Wonder Woman 3, especially since Jenkins said she wouldn't be directing it.