Page 105 of 170 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2541
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, but didn't Whedon re-shoot it since the theatrical cut had the different version of Steppenwolf?
    Whedon didn't reshoot major action pieces like the battle of the Amazons vs Steppenwolf.

The different design of Steppenwolf was still made under Snyder at WB's request of making him less scary and alien. He is changing it now after years.

Either way, it would be nice if we could pretend it didn't happen. Screw that noise.
    Yeah, that would be easier. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that planned Amazons spin-off happens before a Wonder Woman 3, especially since Jenkins said she wouldn't be directing it.
    Likely. And also Patty said that the spin off would lead to WW3, so it's going to released before as for plans.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-13-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Philippus and Euboea were killed off in Justice League? I vaguely remember it but sheesh, that's a bad look for POC amazons.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Philippus and Euboea were killed off in Justice League? I vaguely remember it but sheesh, that's a bad look for POC amazons.
    I didn't even remember and no way am I ever going back to rewatch that turd, but TV tropes profiles say they either died or their fate is uncertain. Not just them, but Penthesilea and Venelia as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    A Circe-themed iconography could be a triple crescent moon to reference her connection to Hecate, who is known for being a triple moon goddess, as well as a three-faced deity.
    I've thought this too. Maybe show an escaped Barbara finding it in some ancient tome in a post-credits scene.

Incredible Member

I wouldn't be surprised if that planned Amazons spin-off happens before a Wonder Woman 3, especially since Jenkins said she wouldn't be directing it.
    Let's hope so. I would hate to think that our next Wonder mythos movie would be in 2025 at the earliest. This is assuming Cleopatra is after Star Wars.

I liked the idea of a woman being worshipped by animen as an allusion to Circe. I'm not certain people know enough about Hecate to know to make three crescent moons as a connection to Hecate and Circe.

For those interested, the app Happy Color has some new Wonder Woman 1984 images as a promotion to go along with the movie release.

Happy Color is an app on the Google Play store that is a relaxing paint by numbers app.

Grace Randolph's non-spoiler review is up.

spoilers:
    Max Lord is apparently more prominent than Cheetah in the film. I hope that if she survives the film, she comes back in the 3rd one.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Grace Randolph's non-spoiler review is up.

spoilers:
    Max Lord is apparently more prominent than Cheetah in the film. I hope that if she survives the film, she comes back in the 3rd one.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This unfortunately doesn't contradict the plot leaks too much, though I still hope to enjoy Cheetah in the capacity she's in.
    Also, my opinion is often the opposite of Grace's so her saying Max is the standout over Cheetah doesn't have to be set in stone. Other reviews seem to be praising Wigg
    end of spoilers

EDIT: Sitting in the 80s currently on Rotten Tomatoes, and this reviewer said Wiig's Cheetah is the most transformative villain since Pfeiffer as Catwoman!

https://www.thewrap.com/wonder-woman...-kristen-wiig/
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 12-15-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Reviews so far seem generally positive, though maybe a step down from the first film.

Reviews so far seem generally positive, though maybe a step down from the first film.
    That might be expected, though I'm glad the consensus isn't that the first one was a "fluke"

One detail I noticed in this review:

https://www.flavourmag.co.uk/wonder-woman-1984-review/

spoilers:
    it points out that Max is the main villain, but this is Cheetah's "origin". Maybe we're indeed getting more of her?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    That might be expected, though I'm glad the consensus isn't that the first one was a "fluke"

One detail I noticed in this review:

https://www.flavourmag.co.uk/wonder-woman-1984-review/

spoilers:
    it points out that Max is the main villain, but this is Cheetah's "origin". Maybe we're indeed getting more of her?
    end of spoilers
    Reviews are about what I was hoping for so yeah that is a bit of relief, though I wouldn't be surprised if some say it's only getting good reviews because of COVID.

spoilers:
    One can only hope, maybe she's in the post-credit scene Jenkins talked about that wasn't included in critic screenings
    end of spoilers

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

It's back up in the nineties at Rotten Tomatoes!!! Did anyone watch the live virtual movie premiere!!!!! OMG! They showed the first 3 or four minutes of WW84!!!!

WB posted another promotional piece, including a lot of the opening scenes

Some comments:

Little Diana continues to be awesome, and the opening of her running through the woods and meadows on Themyscira reminds me to some degree of the Shire scenes in the opening of the Fellowship of the Ring movie, but even more so of Ronia, the Robber's Daughter. (Heh. I learned to know Hanna Zetterberg, who played Ronia, a few years later.)

The depiction of the Amazons is awesome. I have no idea how many extras they got for the amphitheatre scenes, but it felt a lot more real than hyper-choreographed audience in the Aquaman dueling scene.

The music works better within the context of the film than it did by its own. I'd still have prefered a less staccato rhythm, but whatever.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

Honestly I find the reviews sort of disappointing. What the critics are saying feels expected, common, superficial. Basically the standard comic book movie reviews in this age. oh it has action, oh it has humour, oh it has spectacular visuals, oh its fun. It sounds like the reviews MCU movies gets. DC WB keeps selling out.

I will watch 1984 because I am a fan but my creative heart now lies more with The Batman. I think this will be the first true artistic bold comic film from DC since The Joker.

Wonder Woman, Shazam, Black Adam , Aquaman now just feels like another set of Marvel MCU movies because critics chose to burn Snyder's vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Honestly I find the reviews sort of disappointing. What the critics are saying feels expected, common, superficial. Basically the standard comic book movie reviews in this age. oh it has action, oh it has humour, oh it has spectacular visuals, oh its fun. It sounds like the reviews MCU movies gets. DC WB keeps selling out.

I will watch 1984 because I am a fan but my creative heart now lies more with The Batman. I think this will be the first true artistic bold comic film from DC since The Joker.

Wonder Woman, Shazam, Black Adam , Aquaman now just feels like another set of Marvel MCU movies because critics chose to burn Snyder's vision.
    Oh, I'd say that Birds of Prey was both artistic and bold, and definitely more bold and novel than The Joker (I can't compare their its artistic merits, since I haven't seen The Joker, but it treads some very well-worn story templates.)

To some degree, I can agree that the first Wonder Woman movie wasn't especially novel. Except that it did what hardly any movie had managed earlier, in getting a woman as the indisputed lead in a majorly successful action movie. Wonder Woman 2017 did everything that Captain America the First Avenger did, but better and in high heels.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])