Page 108 of 170 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2541
    Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    spoilers:
    Huh, with those words sounds like it's the old "gliding on air currents" pre-Crisis kind of flying.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    To all intents and purposes, WW flies. It looks like she's flying as opposed to gliding on the wind like a kite, if you know what I mean
    end of spoilers

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah, she does it at the end. When Steve and WW steal the jet and head to Egypt, he tells Diana that flying is just about riding the wind and in the end, she remembers those words and flies.

She kicks a car and flips a truck. She actually doesn’t do any feats after her powers return, she fights Cheetah and that's pretty much it.
    end of spoilers
    Gliding on air currents? So not very fast?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Gliding on air currents? So not very fast?
    spoilers:
    It's fast, it’s not like she’s drifting in the wind like a plastic bag or something. She does use the lasso to propel herself at first but in the last shot she flies unaided
    end of spoilers

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

spoilers:
    It's fast, it’s not like she’s drifting in the wind like a plastic bag or something. She does use the lasso to propel herself at first but in the last shot she flies unaided
    end of spoilers
    If it is flying, but only via air currents, I will be disappointed. If she can't go at least as fast as Cyborg, then they are still nerfing her. I don't like the fact that she doesn't have impressive feats in the movie. I kind of like it when the most powerful heroine that DC has should be doing things that.....are powerful!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

And here i was trusting Jenkins to make WW feel powerful again. I'm tired of being disappointed. It's like we either get good character development or good action. Why can't we never have both these days?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Of the two options, I'd take good character development/arcs and themes that resonate over pure spectacle, but ideally we should have both.

The ideal would be something that has the character work and emotional moments of the two WW films and spectacle of Aquaman

spoilers:
    To all intents and purposes, WW flies. It looks like she's flying as opposed to gliding on the wind like a kite, if you know what I mean
    end of spoilers
    I like what I’m hearing, so it’s not really a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Of the two options, I'd take good character development/arcs and themes that resonate over pure spectacle, but ideally we should have both.

The ideal would be something that has the character work and emotional moments of the two WW films and spectacle of Aquaman
    Not me.I'm tired of only getting middle of the road stuff. I want both. And i haven't had a WW story that feels like a powerful spectacle in a long time. And this is coming in the worst of times. With no chance of being a hit. So i guess we will still have warrior with sword and shield in the comics. Sigh

spoilers:
    The original Reddit leaks make it sound like she glides when she first gains the power and then takes off like a shot Superman style at the end, so maybe the early gliding and needing propulsion from stuff like the plane is just as she's kick starting it/getting used to it?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Not me.I'm tired of only getting middle of the road stuff. I want both. And i haven't had a WW story that feels like a powerful spectacle in a long time. And this is coming in the worst of times. With no chance of being a hit. So i guess we will still have warrior with sword and shield in the comics. Sigh
    It is doing well among critics and getting good buzz, so there is no need for doom and gloom on this even if it's not 100% perfect/what we want.

Because these films never completely live up to fanboy expectations regardless of the IP. Plus, if the comics are stupid enough to overuse the sword and shield going forward, it's unfair to blame the movie if its ditching them. Blame it on the comic writers. Different creators and different departments.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 12-16-2020 at 04:44 PM.

spoilers:
    The original Reddit leaks make it sound like she glides when she first gains the power and then takes off like a shot Superman style at the end, so maybe the early gliding and needing propulsion from stuff like the plane is just as she's kick starting it/getting used to it?
    end of spoilers

It is doing well among critics and getting good buzz, so there is no need for doom and gloom on this even if it's not 100% perfect/what we want.

Because these films never completely live up to fanboy expectations regardless of the IP. Plus, if the comics are stupid enough to overuse the sword and shield going forward, it's unfair to blame the movie if its ditching them. Blame it on the comic writers. Different creators and different departments.
    Jenkins said we would see a WW at full power. Yet she does nothing other than flying that most super humans can't do. I am very disappointed. And yes i blame it on the movie. Because the first one doing so well was one of the main reason for sword and shield being used so much in comics. I was hoping a hit WW84 where she is seen as more powerful and not needing them as a chance to get rid nof sword and shield. jenkins failed to deliver what she promised. Diana at the peak of her power. I can't imagine the underwhelming action in the next movie, in fact i don't even want it anymore. To be disappointed again, jenkins can keep her vision of WW to herself. Her WW is weak and i don't like it.

Jenkins said we would see a WW at full power. Yet she does nothing other than flying that most super humans can't do. I am very disappointed. And yes i blame it on the movie. Because the first one doing so well was one of the main reason for sword and shield being used so much in comics. I was hoping a hit WW84 where she is seen as more powerful and not needing them as a chance to get rid nof sword and shield. jenkins failed to deliver what she promised. Diana at the peak of her power. I can't imagine the underwhelming action in the next movie, in fact i don't even want it anymore. To be disappointed again, jenkins can keep her vision of WW to herself. Her WW is weak and i don't like it.
    I mean, Diana’s been swinging swords since the 90s at least and the first movie made it clear the sword was a red herring and Diana was the thing that was special, it’s not really on Jenkins or the movie if writers and artists apparently missed that rather obvious statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean, Diana’s been swinging swords since the 90s at least and the first movie made it clear the sword was a red herring and Diana was the thing that was special, it’s not really on Jenkins or the movie if writers and artists apparently missed that rather obvious statement.
    jankins is the one to blame for not being able to give an spectacle on the level of WW. She was inspired by the first SM movie she said. Well she forgeot that SM is portrayed as actually powerful in that movie. And poor Cheetah being treated like she was. Such a short fight and did nothing major powerwise. I can't imagine the amount of bad writing moments coming her way in the near future by all the writers that will use 84 as a reference. Poor Barbara.

Yeah, she's been donning swords and shields since at least the Perez days, and they started going overboard with it in the New 52 in some cases. And in Rebirth (barring Rucka's run, though Sharp's cover to #1 has her with a sword)...which predates the first movie. This is not a problem the first movie started and the general public at least are not going to associate those with her as her default weapon because of anything Jenkins at least is doing

jankins is the one to blame for not being able to give an spectacle on the level of WW. She was inspired by the first SM movie she said. Well she forgeot that SM is portrayed as actually powerful in that movie. And poor Cheetah being treated like she was. Such a short fight and did nothing major powerwise. I can't imagine the amount of bad writing moments coming her way in the near future by all the writers that will use 84 as a reference. Poor Barbara.
    I mean, so far the neither of have us here outside of VonHammersmark have seen it so maybe at least wait?
    Yeah, she's been donning swords and shields since at least the Perez days, and they started going overboard with it in the New 52 in some cases. And in Rebirth (barring Rucka's run, though Sharp's cover to #1 has her with a sword)...which predates the first movie. This is not a problem the first movie started and the general public at least are not going to associate those with her as her default weapon because of anything Jenkins at least is doing
    And worth noting they intentionally chose not to bring back the sword and shield for WW’84 even though she has them later in the BVS/JL films.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It’s more or less like that but we never see WW take off so it’s unclear whether she needs to use the lasso in order to launch herself into the air, or whether she can fly in space in the absence of wind. She also propels herself by spinning the lasso like a helicopter rotor
    end of spoilers