Page 109 of 170 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2541
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    spoilers:
    It’s more or less like that but we never see WW take off so it’s unclear whether she needs to use the lasso in order to launch herself into the air, or whether she can fly in space in the absence of wind. She also propels herself by spinning the lasso like a helicopter rotor
    end of spoilers
    See? This is what i mean. It is not even clear if she flies on her own.

Wow, I guess I'm just a "glass half full" guy, cause all that sounds awesome to me!

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Same here. I had a feeling that certain people would still be unhappy. This forum is so full of negativity and unhappy people (which is ironic for a forum that allegedly celebrates a character that is all about love and optimism).
    Oh well, some people will always complain no matter what. I will simply keep enjoying Wonder Woman in every interpretation and every iteration while others will simply...bitch and complain.
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 12-17-2020 at 12:50 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Given how in general DC has treated Wonder Woman, you can probably count me in on the glass half empty.

With regards to the WW84, I am disappointed by:

Flying on air currents, which I hope is not the case, but then again if we don't see this ability till the very end of the movie, how else are we going to say what is going on? Does she fly at the rate the wind is blowing? Or in the direction the wind is blowing? And even though I know the arguments that will come down my way, how come she didn't use this ability in BvS or JL, and how come she was predominantly with a sword and shield still in those 2 movies? Unless someone says otherwise, those two movies exist and it is the same actress that plays Wonder Woman in all four.

The fact that it seems she is relegated to street fighter/Spiderman levels of power. She is freaking Wonder Woman, show us her power. Show us you can tell a good story without sacrificing the fact that she is the worlds most powerful superheroine!!! Stop disrespecting her in the comics or on the movie screen!!! The only time she is taken seriously is animated for the most part!

And for any questions we still have about her, when will the 3rd movie come out? In 2025 based on all of Patty's commitments?

Still a frustrated Wonder Woman fan!

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Given how in general DC has treated Wonder Woman, you can probably count me in on the glass half empty.

Flying on air currents, which I hope is not the case, but then again if we don't see this ability till the very end of the movie, how else are we going to say what is going on? Does she fly at the rate the wind is blowing? Or in the direction the wind is blowing? And even though I know the arguments that will come down my way, how come she didn't use this ability in BvS or JL, and how come she was predominantly with a sword and shield still in those 2 movies? Unless someone says otherwise, those two movies exist and it is the same actress that plays Wonder Woman in all four.

The fact that it seems she is relegated to street fighter/Spiderman levels of power. She is freaking Wonder Woman, show us her power. Show us you can tell a good story without sacrificing the fact that she is the worlds most powerful superheroine!!! Stop disrespecting her in the comics or on the movie screen!!! The only time she is taken seriously is animated for the most part!

And for any questions we still have about her, when will the 3rd movie come out? In 2025 based on all of Patty's commitments?

We will see Diana in Flashpoint going up against The all-powerful Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    We will see Diana in Flashpoint going up against The all-powerful Aquaman
    A movie about that terrible comic, they can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

She flies on her own. They simply ignored bvs and jl in that regard.

But for the rest yeah. Jenkins is not a good director when it comes to handling a big spectacle type of movie. I doubt we will ever see a powerhouse WW under her hands. This was the movie that i wanted to prove me wrong and she failed.

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    Wow, I guess I'm just a "glass half full" guy, cause all that sounds awesome to me!
    Same lol. Different strokes I guess

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    To each their own. To me, warm tone and character development is not enoigh. I need my WW being very badass and powerful too. Same for Cheetah. But i guess i am one of the few that expect a big power spectacle from a character with WW's background and mythos.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    I'm just glad we have a big prolific WW release that is winning people over, proving the IP has value. After having to wait so long for just a chance at a solo movie for fear that she was "unworkable" or "people don't want to see female superheroes be leads," this is something to be grateful for after being told repeatedly that nobody will ever care about Wonder Woman

I have plenty of issues: would like to see more Amazons and have them be technologically advanced, am bummed Etta is gone after one movie, would like to see some better action and feats for WW, and I'd vastly prefer a modern day setting with a Barbara Minerva closer to Rucka's who gets a movie completely to herself (or shows up in more than one). But I still liked all of that stuff we did get even if it doesn't line up 100%, will likely enjoy Wiig and there are other elements I love, so I will call it a win.

And he's one of her best creators, so that's a pretty good stamp of approval

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Same here. I had a feeling that certain people would still be unhappy. This forum is so full of negativity and unhappy people (which is ironic for a forum that allegedly celebrates a character that is all about love and optimism).
    Oh well, some people will always complain no matter what. I will simply keep enjoying Wonder Woman in every interpretation and every iteration while others will simply...bitch and complain.
    Oh yes, so much more than you even realize...!

Jiminez knows Wonder Woman, so that's high praise indeed .

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And he's one of her best creators, so that's a pretty good stamp of approval
    Yeah, trailers have already showed some of it off but him talking about the lasso action has got me hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jiminez knows Wonder Woman, so that's high praise indeed .
    His comment is related to the lasso and the characterization of WW. Those parts of the movie are good. Is in the action area where it fails hard. As WW doesn't feel like a Goddess at all. Same for Cheetah who is supposed to be powerful enough to fight WW. The movie is not good enough. A character like this should not lack power spectacle. This is my opinion.