Page 115 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2541

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    She isn't a niche hero. She is one of the more recognizable heroes. I mean if we want niche heroes someone like Bumblebee or Zatanna is more niche than Diana.
    WW is quite popular overseas, one of the recognizable heroes.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    All I want for Christmas is for WB/Patty/Gal NOT to give up on WW. It is an IP that has incredible potential. The success of the first film proved that there is a huge market for the character. What Diana needs is a continued presence in pop culture that keeps her in people's minds (just like Superman, Batman, and Spidey keep being peddled by all kinds of media. I still don't understand why WB and DC did not work overtime to take advantage of the first movie's success and create an animated show and/or finally make that prequel/Young Diana TV show that kept being mentioned. It's beyond confusing, but of course we all know why that did not happen. All those things are forever made for Batman and Batman-adjacent characters, regardless of how many flop/badly received Batman media we get. Ugh.

I know that Patty can do emotional resonance and character moments, and I know that she can create a cohesive narrative that balances human drama and superhero action. Now all we need is more spectacle, more action (hopefully without sacrificing those human moments that give the action setpieces more weight). I sound like a broken record, but Circe (and all the monsters she could potentially bring into the story) is the next natural step to make a WW film that blows international audiences away.

Anyway, maybe I am rambling on, but I just want my third WW film with Gadot and Jenkins.
    Me too but I also don’t want to wait at least 4 years for Wonder Woman 3.

Circe wouldn’t be my top choice for the villain, I’d go with a Godwatch assault on Themyscira. Diana inevitably has to return home in WW3 so that would be a good way to do that. I already have the whole script written in my head

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Me too but I also don’t want to wait at least 4 years for Wonder Woman 3.

Circe wouldn’t be my top choice for the villain, I’d go with a Godwatch assault on Themyscira. Diana inevitably has to return home in WW3 so that would be a good way to do that. I already have the whole script written in my head
    I think both could work as villains for a third film. Just give Circe Deimos/Phobos's role from Rucka’s Rebirth run and have her blackmail Cale into invading Themyscira.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think both could work as villains for a third film. Just give Circe Deimos/Phobos's role from Rucka’s Rebirth run and have her blackmail Cale into invading Themyscira.
    I prefer Strife over Circe tbh. Circe to me is a bit of generic witch whereas I guarantee Strife would be a hit with the GA

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd love Circe and an army of monsters and going full spectacle, but I also worry they don't have the budget to make it look good.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    All equally ridiculous my point of view, even it's fiction in the end.

Anyway, let's just hope WW's lasso handling and tactics fares better than what I saw in the beginning of the movie, wherein it may not be as grand as lassoing a bolt of electrical light, but at least it looks highly stylistic and expertise the way they are handling it in the movie. The trailer so far looks like WW holding a glowing neon noodle. Golden does not have to be neon glowing; a more subtle color would have made a better artistic choice: https://www.christmas-treasures.com/...les-300664.htm
    It may be ridiculous to you. But it is fiction. Superman, Wonder Woman, Tgor etc constantly do ridiculous things that escape the laws of physic and real life logic.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Wonder Woman made 410 million domestic and the next country is China with 90 million where the current movie is expected to gross just 30 million.
    WW 2017 made 410M outside North America. That is a really good number. No matter how you look at it. The movie was globally successful. It is time to stop trying to rewrite history. WW84 won't be able to perform well in the middle of a pandemic. Because almost all the biggest and most important markets outside China and Japan are closed. So you can't judge this movie's performance without taking context into consideration.

But i agree with you. WW needs better action moments. A character like her should have a big spectacle.

Astonishing Member

I'm very excited for a Wonderful Christmas for us all, and to all a better New Year. =)

Is that why Wonder Woman made 410 million in US? More than most superhero movies because she was so niche
    She made 410 million because it was a good movie. That's it. My point is that being a niche character among the comics crowd had nothing to do with how much money a character can make. Most knew very little about the Wonder Woman character before this film.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She made 410 million because it was a good movie. That's it. My point is that being a niche character among the comics crowd had nothing to do with how much money a character can make. Most knew very little about the Wonder Woman character before this film.
    Dude, have u heard about Wonder Wonder tv show. Wonder woman also had a very high no of old people and Women compared to other superhero movies

Dude, have u heard about Wonder Wonder tv show.
    A show from the 1970s that most modern audiences neither know about nor care about.

Wonder woman also had a very high no of old people and Women compared to other superhero movies
    Because DC marketed it to those demographics.

Again, my argument is not about niche vs not niche. I simply pointed out that Wonder Woman made money because it was a good movie with a great cast and crew behind it. It was not a guaranteed hit, especially since this was the first live action, theatrically-released Wonder Woman movie ever made. You're the one who brought up this argument about niche characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Glad you liked it; I thought it was a terrible movie with horrible acting by everyone, a third act written by 1,000,000 blindfolded monkeys with one typewriter, worse villains than Justice League's Jefferson Airplane, and poor plotting. However, it seemed good when compared to the far worse Snyder things. Also, it didn't make me want to go and punch myself in the face repeatedly like the Snyder things. Of course, it was followed by other, better DC movies like Aquaman and Shazam. But it was a start at least.

That said, WW 1984 is hopefully a better beast. And that said, it isn't looking good for Diana; she had a terrible opening internationally, $38 million, about half from China---less than half what the original earned in the same period. To me, that looks like COVID is going to be messing with any theatrical release for maybe another year at least. And that said, I can't see how WB could have gone and done better with it; you just can't let it sit on the shelf indefinitely, and who knows, maybe it will help with HBO Max....okay, no, it won't.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Aside from the actor playing Ares being miscast in a physical sense (they really should have gone full Perez and not let us see him anymore besides red eyes and a voice), I never really got the third act complaints for this movie.

It strikes me as no more offensive than any other big, dumb superhero movie (they are all pretty dumb to varying degrees, even the good ones).

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

It doesn't look like the theatres in my state will be open on Christmas day, so I will have to sign up for HBO max to see it. I am assuming of course that a lot of people will do the same as me because I will probably get rid of the service before the 30 days gives out. See it for free.

I would much prefer to see it in IMAX as I do with all major movies that I can see in IMAX, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time.

If alot of people do as I do and cancel their HBO max before the 30 day trial, then that would not look good for the movies fortunes.

Maybe Blu Ray sales will help.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Aside from the actor playing Ares being miscast in a physical sense (they really should have gone full Perez and not let us see him anymore besides red eyes and a voice), I never really got the third act complaints for this movie.

It strikes me as no more offensive than any other big, dumb superhero movie (they are all pretty dumb to varying degrees, even the good ones).
    I feel the same way, also maybe make his design more Perez's with the blue rather than drab gun metal grey. Though that's just more I'm tired of that being a usual movie super villain color.

I heard some it would have hit Diana more if she learns man do this all of their own making but idk, I thought it still works with that the even if the God of War does exist he didn't make man do anything to start WW1.