Page 123 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2541
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I mean, I'm a Xena fan so the comparison doesn't bother me. Xena, too, was compassionate and fought for peace, just less outwardly than Diana.

The first film has better pacing, a more concise plot, more urgency, and more "omg" moments.
    I like Xena too. I used the comparision because it is more Xena like to focus on a warrior woman that can't fly and has a sword and a shield at the center. The first move basically portrayed WW as a Xena on steroids. And i don't like that. The pacing may have been better in the first. But plot wise, i think 84 is better done. The first trully dropped the ball in the third act in a way that gladly doesn't happen in WW84. In terms of OMG moments they are equal in my opinion. First has No Man's Land as the biggest moment. And 84 has Diana learning to fly on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean they are taking it from the pre crisis comics where Steve came back to life. It's not like this is his first time coming back to life

It became a new thing when Dc made a big push with new 52 and a few animated movies decide to focus more on the sword. I hope Chris Pines comes back for the third movie
    That is not enough to make them iconic. And i hope they never become iconic.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

It was quite clear to me that she flew at the end. Self-powered. Actual flight (not "gliding on air currents"). The whole "gliding" was just Steve Trevor using an analogy to illuminate his thoughts about flying to Diana (and it also served as yet another nod to WW comics from the past). She seemed wobbly and unsure at the beginning, and she used the lasso to "power" her flight, but in the end, you distinctly see Diana flying herself, with no lasso, no swinging from clouds, and no hitching a ride on lightning. She flew in that self-assured, one-arm-extended pose that is so common in comic book iconography. I find it hard to believe that anybody, after watching the film, still thinks that she is "gliding"...

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    That is not enough to make them iconic. And i hope they never become iconic.
    I agree. I'm just saying how one the first movie she has the sword and for many people that's what they saw and so Patty pushed no swords. Plus the animated stuff also. Patty wanted to change that

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Movie totally rocked. Absolute perfection from begining to end. What a wonderful Christmas gift. Cheers to you all!
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-25-2020 at 02:57 PM.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Movie totally rocked. Absolute perfection from begining to end. What a wonderful Christmas gift. Cheers to you all!
    I agree that it was the best Xmas gift a Wonder Woman fan could ever have! Now I just want that third film, and I will die a happy person!!!!!

just finished, damn good sequel. Still fresh in my head but possibly even better than the first one. Too bad it won't do well thanks to the virus but I won't deny it was nice to watch it at home.

I mean if they put it ondemand and DVD and blu ray quickly I think they will get their movie back

I'm jealous of ya'll, I won't be able to view the film for a couple days at least.... Happy Holidays though!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I agree that it was the best Xmas gift a Wonder Woman fan could ever have! Now I just want that third film, and I will die a happy person!!!!!
    I'm going to go further and hope for several more! I really loved this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I'm jealous of ya'll, I won't be able to view the film for a couple days at least.... Happy Holidays though!
    Hope you enjoy it when you do get the chance- it's well worth the wait. Happy Holidays!

One thing about the surprise villain mentioned:

spoilers:
    Diana refers to him as Dolos, Mendacius, and the Duke of Deception. Dolos is the Greek version of the deity, Mendacius the Roman version, and the Duke is what he's referred to in the Wonder Woman series. Very neat to see that a villain who has kinda been pushed to the wayside over the years is responsible for the corrupt wishing plot.
    end of spoilers

I'm also pretty sure there's a character named Doctor Zool at the end, but it's a man. In the Golden Age, Professor Zool was the one who evolved Giganta from an ape into a fiery redhead. Gotta love these easter eggs!

Just saw Wonder Woman 1984, and while it’s a good film, I definitely prefer the first film! This new one had a bit too much camp for me, and I definitely missed the sword and shield. Still would recommend watching it though
    Last edited by Samm; 12-25-2020 at 05:00 PM.

This movie was so damn good, I didn't even miss the action. When it happened it was just fine, but I was just as engrossed in the characters and their story arcs.

Slight spoiler

spoilers:
    Did anyone else catch that Max's business partner is Simon Stagg, the future father in law of Rex Mason, aka Metamorpho?
    Also, Bialyia (of Young Justice fame) was name-dropped.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Just saw Wonder Woman 1984, and while it’s a good film, I definitely prefer the first film! This new one had a bit too much camp for me, and I definitely missed the sword and shield. Still would recommend watching it though
    Not seeing those 2 was one of the best parts in the film for me.