Page 125 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2541
    Fantastic Member

The film gets an A+ from me. Such a great feel good movie all around.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie, but it definitely has problems.

The good:
    spoilers:
    - Diana's character was well-represented. No sword and shield and no neck-snapping. Only the good old lasso and stopping the war with love. And finally flying!
    - Duke of Deception as the true villain of the movie was a pleasant surprise and somewhat redeemed the use of Max Lord. And the way Diana stopped Max was very reminiscent of how she stopped Ares in Perez' run, that was great.
    - Cheetah was pretty good, though I wish we had more of her.
    end of spoilers
    The bad:
    spoilers:
    - The Steve Trevor thing really bothered me. He's in another man's body, that's rape! Not to mention the life-threatening situations Diana and Steve get his body into throughout the movie without much concern for his well-being. And it was just so unnecessary! It added nothing good to the story and only distracted from it.
    - Some fancervise was cute (like the Lynda Carter cameo) but the way they explained the Invisible Jet was just weird. She's Wonder Woman, not Invisible Woman. And having this power come from Zeus...I didn't love it.
    - The story and pacing could've been better.
    - The CGI could've been better too. At times the movie looks like it was literally made in the 80's
    end of spoilers
    Also regarding Cheetah:
    spoilers:
    Looks like she might return after all https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.den...plained/%3famp “I have my reasons for making it ambiguous, and I think it’s not clear what her point of view [is] on everything that just happened … I love that we wrap up Max Lord’s point of view, and that you see the culmination of that storyline, I think is so important. But the truth is there may or may not be more to come [for Barbara].”
    end of spoilers
    -
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 12-26-2020 at 02:44 AM.

I enjoyed it, at times it was emotional, it made Diana more human than ever. But, it was not great as the first movie. Still in my personal ranking one of the best DCEU movies. It places After the first WW, Aquaman and Shazam.

The first half was painful. My wife and I took a break to eat, and we weren't in a big rush to finish.

Didn't like the action scenes or CGI. The DCEU is still lagging badly in that department.

I really liked the ending though. The movie has its charms and feels really unique among superhero movies, which is a feat in itself. I probably preferred the first one but this one deserves credit for what it did well.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Just saw Wonder Woman 1984, and while it’s a good film, I definitely prefer the first film! This new one had a bit too much camp for me, and I definitely missed the sword and shield. Still would recommend watching it though
    I'm not sure how a sword would have helped her fight a bunch of nonpowered humans or a powered-up version of her best friend?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    spoilers:
    - Loved the return of Steve and the lesson she had to learn in letting him go and moving on. Their chemistry was great again and their scenes together were a blast. Did NOT like the weird ass decision for him to take over another man's body, and for Diana to have sex with him. Why couldn't Steve just materialize in a new body? Also, Pine's "Well, SHIT Diana!" delivery was hysterical.
    end of spoilers
    That was my biggest problem with the Steve stuff... the "taking over body" stuff was just plain creepy. And the first thing they do is go back to his house and have wild monkey sex on his bed? Yikes. It definitely should have just brought him back in a new body.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    spoilers:
    - Duke of Deception as the true villain of the movie was a pleasant surprise and somewhat redeemed the use of Max Lord. And the way Diana stopped Max was very reminiscent of how she stopped Ares in Perez' run, that was great.
    end of spoilers
    Ah, that is a good comparison! I really wished that she stopped Ares that way in the first film, but it's nice to see her do it here.

As for Cheetah...

spoilers:
    I really thought that she had renounced her wish off screen as I was watching it. But after talking with my boyfriend right after the movie, I realized... it's very clearly left up in the air and that she most likely didn't. If she didn't, she may still have the powers from her first wish which would make her immortal and easily able to return in any future movies. I hope that's the case, because Kristen Wiig knocked it out of the park for me.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    That was my biggest problem with the Steve stuff... the "taking over body" stuff was just plain creepy. And the first thing they do is go back to his house and have wild monkey sex on his bed? Yikes. It definitely should have just brought him back in a new body.
    Actually she had sex with another man not the real Steve.
    Agreed They could have brought him back in another manner, who knows him being trapped between two dimensions and being set free. However even if they brought him back in a new body, the movie takes place in 1984. If they do a third one, in present day, Steve would be an old man. So they must be leaving it as an open option to have Trevor back without him ageing. Sort of a Buck Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Actually she had sex with another man not the real Steve.
    Agreed They could have brought him back in another manner, who knows him being trapped between two dimensions and being set free. However even if they brought him back in a new body, the movie takes place in 1984. If they do a third one, in present day, Steve would be an old man. So they must be leaving it as an open option to have Trevor back without him ageing. Sort of a Buck Rogers.
    If they bring him back a third time, I'm off the Patty Jenkins bus.

To all the Wonder Woman fans who were waiting for this moment spoilers:
    You can see how Diana breaks the sound barrier, which confirms that she is flying at hypersonic speeds and that feat would only be achieved with the power of flying and not gliding
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 12-26-2020 at 07:14 AM.

If they bring him back a third time, I'm off the Patty Jenkins bus.
    They could bring him back, just in a more interesting way. Steve/Diana pairing is extremely popular. I’d say use the third films villain to bring him back (Circe?).

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    They could bring him back, just in a more interesting way. Steve/Diana pairing is extremely popular. I’d say use the third films villain to bring him back (Circe?).
    I couldn't suspend my disbelief to have him return again. And Wonder Woman can work without Steve. All 3 of her movies shouldn't be about him and her feelings for him.

The third should be in the present day and with a villain that needs to make Diana use all her powers

Could be Circe and Deimos as the co-villain helping Circe

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Didn't like the action scenes or CGI. The DCEU is still lagging badly in that department.
    I really don't get why some of the CGI in this looked worse than the first one.

Weirdly, everyone was concerned about how Cheetah would look but I think she ended up looking fine. At least compared to some of the rubbery effects we got in daytime scenes (Diana rescuing those children from getting run over looked awful).

It really adds nothing. If the genders of the protagonists were reversed and the male hero had sex with his love interest who was inhabiting another body, people would go berserk. And would be right to do so. They could have just had sex in Diana's apartment and gotten clothes at a store or something, it was completely pointless. And it's a shame because most of the Diana/Steve stuff is great.

As for Cheetah...

spoilers:
    I really thought that she had renounced her wish off screen as I was watching it. But after talking with my boyfriend right after the movie, I realized... it's very clearly left up in the air and that she most likely didn't. If she didn't, she may still have the powers from her first wish which would make her immortal and easily able to return in any future movies. I hope that's the case, because Kristen Wiig knocked it out of the park for me.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    yeah, she is no longer in Cheetah form but that could be due to Max giving up his powers and not a choice on her part. She looks sad and angry, and not really in a way everyone else does. And she's still wearing her "post-wish" clothes, which might signal that she's not completely reformed. I hope she comes back, but on the other hand this version of Barbara was very endearing in the beginning and I'd kind of hate for her to end up as miserable as Cheetah typically does. I'm torn, but that means Wiig did an excellent job.
    end of spoilers

I couldn't suspend my disbelief to have him return again. And Wonder Woman can work without Steve. All 3 of her movies shouldn't be about him and her feelings for him.
    Yeah, he shouldn't come back again. It would undermine the message in this one. At most, I can see him come back as a vision or dream or flashback, but that's it.

If we get a new director, I'm hoping we get a "Thor: Ragnarok" situation in which we get a creative overhaul that reinvigorates things, instead of a "X-Men: Last Stand" scenario

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I really don't get why some of the CGI in this looked worse than the first one.

Weirdly, everyone was concerned about how Cheetah would look but I think she ended up looking fine. At least compared to some of the rubbery effects we got in daytime scenes (Diana rescuing those children from getting run over looked awful).

It really adds nothing. If the genders of the protagonists were reversed and the male hero had sex with his love interest who was inhabiting another body, people would go berserk. And would be right to do so. They could have just had sex in Diana's apartment and gotten clothes at a store or something, it was completely pointless. And it's a shame because most of the Diana/Steve stuff is great.

spoilers:
    yeah, she is no longer in Cheetah form but that could be due to Max giving up his powers and not a choice on her part. She looks sad and angry, and not really in a way everyone else does. And she's still wearing her "post-wish" clothes, which might signal that she's not completely reformed. I hope she comes back, but on the other hand this version of Barbara was very endearing in the beginning and I'd kind of hate for her to end up as miserable as Cheetah typically does. I'm torn, but that means Wiig did an excellent job.
    end of spoilers

Yeah, he shouldn't come back again. It would undermine the message in this one. At most, I can see him come back as a vision or dream or flashback, but that's it.

If we get a new director, I'm hoping we get a "Thor: Ragnarok" situation in which we get a creative overhaul that reinvigorates things, instead of a "X-Men: Last Stand" scenario
    It seems that even a Wonder Woman story isn't immune to the usual superhero pitfalls when it cones to misunderstanding consent.

Not really comic wise it made sense plus Diana wanted to see him again. It also shows that everything has a price