Page 127 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2541
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I think it’d be a shame to lose Steve but I do get your point. I hope they bring in some of the gods in WW3! I want to see Hermes, Hades, Apollo, Athena, and Poseidon. That would be cool!
    But...didn't they all get killed by Ares according to the first movie? Except maybe Zeus, I can't recall...

If so, I wouldn't mind them just...forgetting that bit was mentioned and just bringing them back.

Zeus used his last amount of strong to create Diana. Ares killed all the gods and Zeus sacrificed himself. I guess Steve will come back in flashbacks. Once again Pines signed up for muti movie deals.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I really cannot get over how perfect a sequel this movie is.

The colour palate is great and with modern sensibilities, but the movie itself looks like it could have been filmed on film. It just looks good. The craftmanship is superb.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-26-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Critics have lowered the score. Audiences have it at 74%

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I really cannot get over how perfect a sequel this movie is.

The colour palate is great and with modern sensibilities, but the movie itself looks like it could have been filmed on film. It just looks good. The craftmanship is superb.
    Yeah dude, I greatly enjoyed it as well. I agree with others, Steve returning in his own body would have been less problematic, but overall the movie felt a lot truer to Diana than the first which was saddled with a dismal color palette, the sword and shield snuffing out Diana's classic arsenal, and a far weaker third act. I really enjoyed my time with the movie. The solution to the Jet was an asspull, admittedly, but I was glad it wasn't just some stealth jet she found. I wish they set up her ability to do that a bit earlier in the movie, but as far as getting the invisible jet in there, it was fun and makes enough sense given their justification.

I've seen characters do worse for less in superhero movies so I'm not going to draw the line at Diana's magic touch.

I fully admit that a further rewatch may yield more problems, but right now I'm very pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Critics have lowered the score. Audiences have it at 74%
    It's a tonal break from the Snyder bros so I expect they're review bombing it pretty hard, wanting less vibrant color and more sword/shield warrior woman rather than Wonder Woman. I expect the user reviews will level out later on, though that may not change the score significantly, so who knows?

The critical score was more lukewarm. They didn't like it as much and that's fair. Were I not a fan of DC or Diana, I would probably be more critical of it, but it spoke to her as a character more clearly than the first movie did. Especially regarding the final fate of her villains and how she resolved all three arcs.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-26-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    We are getting a new director?
    Not for certain, but between the reception of this film and the fact that Patty sounded less and less enthusiastic about returning for WW3 even before this came out, it seems likely. If we get a WW3 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's not like Diana went to the Duke of Deception and filed an order with him and said exactly how Steve should come back to her. She just made a wish, without knowing the consequence of that. She didn't say I wish that Steve would come back in the body of another man. All of that was the Duke of Deception's doing. The Lord of Lies wanted to punish people by giving them what they think they wanted. So, of course, there were all kinds of loopholes in his contract.

Diana can be forgiven--because everyone in the world needs to be forgiven--and it can always be explained as a mystical spell, so she's not totally responsible.

I did find it weird and left a lot unexplained. Maybe there were scenes filmed to show when Steve became this other guy. I don't know if he has a name in the movie--I'll call him Trevor Howard.
    She didn't ask for him to come back in that body, but both she and he knew he was a different person before they slept together. It's really not a good look to use this plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope we don't get as dramatic an overhaul as Ragnarok was. I don't think WW really needs it.
    It's just an example of a superhero trilogy breaking the "third film curse" by going in a completely new direction with a new director. And Ragnarok was better for Thor overall than this film is shaping up to be for Wonder Woman, so it doesn't sound unappealing at this point.

I think there's a lot of 'review bombing' because of the nature of the release. A lot is riding on this movie and it's a big deal to just stream it (since it's totally absurd to expect anyone to go to a theater during a pandemic). Feels like there's a lot of people in the bizz that want this to do poorly.

It's also vastly different from MCU stuff, which a lot of people love and think everything needs to resemble.

I think there's a lot of 'review bombing' because of the nature of the release. A lot is riding on this movie and it's a big deal to just stream it (since it's totally absurd to expect anyone to go to a theater during a pandemic). Feels like there's a lot of people in the bizz that want this to do poorly.
    For sure. When this eventually gets a theatre re-release (most likely an anniversary if not a delayed one after COVID-19) I'm definitely going.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah dude, I greatly enjoyed it as well. I agree with others, Steve returning in his own body would have been less problematic, but overall the movie felt a lot truer to Diana than the first which was saddled with a dismal color palette, the sword and shield snuffing out Diana's classic arsenal, and a far weaker third act. I really enjoyed my time with the movie. The solution to the Jet was an asspull, admittedly, but I was glad it wasn't just some stealth jet she found. I wish they set up her ability to do that a bit earlier in the movie, but as far as getting the invisible jet in there, it was fun and makes enough sense given their justification.

I've seen characters do worse for less in superhero movies so I'm not going to draw the line at Diana's magic touch.

I fully admit that a further rewatch may yield more problems, but right now I'm very pleased with it.
    I really liked the first WW but yeah the colour palate was mute. That makes sense due to the context of the movie and the subject matter of the Great War. I'm glad this went a different way though, it felt very much like a new thing. It also left plenty of room for the WONDER WOMAN AND THE JSA in-betweenquel I want really badly.

I liked the invisible jet bit a lot, honestly. Loved the connection to Zeus. Dug her flight too. I agree that the body possession stuff was real questionable. I felt bad for the guy at the end who just didn't know where the hell he was for a few weeks. It seemed the stone worked off laws of probability though, so Steve wouldn't have been able to just appear in his own body again.

I'd have to watch it a few more times, but it's definitely up there for me. No where near AQUAMAN, but up there on that lil list in the sky ya know?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-26-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's also vastly different from MCU stuff, which a lot of people love and think everything needs to resemble.
    I think the expectations of this being the first big blockbuster since Covid began and the success of the first film were working against it. It was never going to live up to expectations completely, even if it was a less "average" movie than it is.

After sleeping and thinking on this film last night, I have a better sense of what it was going for, given this year and the last 4+ years of public discourse.
    The J-man

I really liked the first WW but yeah the colour palate was mute. That makes sense due to the context of the movie and the subject matter of the Great War. I'm glad this went a different way though, it felt very much like a new thing. It also left plenty of room for the WONDER WOMAN AND THE JSA in-betweenquel I want really badly.

I liked the invisible jet bit a lot, honestly. Loved the connection to Zeus. Dug her flight too. I agree that the body possession stuff was real questionable. I felt bad for the guy at the end who just didn't know where the hell he was for a few weeks. It seemed the stone worked off laws of probability though, so Steve wouldn't have been able to just appear in his own body again.

I'd have to watch it a few more times, but it's definitely up there for me. No where near AQUAMAN, but up there on that lil list in the sky ya know?
    I enjoyed Aquaman a lot(though I felt it was a weaker film and it vibes more with a take on Arthur I'm not crazy about) but this is up there with Superman and Shazam (my two favorite DC films) for capturing the spirit of a character. I really dug it, though again, repeat viewings may get over the obvious honeymoon phase I'm in. I plan to watch it again tonight or tomorrow. Maybe I'll change my mind then.

I liked the first movie as well, or at least the first two acts of it! Third one is very uneven. That said, I agree, a vibrant color palette would absolutely not have worked given the subject matter but I'm grateful it wasn't repeated in the '80s, one of the most (practically offensively so) excessively colorful decades of all. Hell, in modern memory the decade is pretty much remembered for synth music and heavy neon colors.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Not for certain, but between the reception of this film and the fact that Patty sounded less and less enthusiastic about returning for WW3 even before this came out, it seems likely. If we get a WW3 at all.

She didn't ask for him to come back in that body, but both she and he knew he was a different person before they slept together. It's really not a good look to use this plot device.

It's just an example of a superhero trilogy breaking the "third film curse" by going in a completely new direction with a new director. And Ragnarok was better for Thor overall than this film is shaping up to be for Wonder Woman, so it doesn't sound unappealing at this point.
    Then they should get better writers for the scrip than geoff. He can't do WW world justice in the comics, and can't do it on film either. The way Cheetah was treated at the end, screams Cheetah's New 52 debut vs the justice league final battle. Underwhelming to say the least.

I think the pandemic was blessing for WW84, because in normal circumstances, and having seen the film already, the movie would have dropped from the first film at the box office. International audiences would not have embraced it and it’s getting mixed reactions in the USA.

I feel like since Patty is so caught up with other projects, WB should just move on to a new director instead of having to wait 5+ for a sequel. Also WW3 needs way more action and the sword/shield back!

I highly doubt the sword and shield had any impact on audience reception.