Page 13 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    My guess is Maxwell Lord, played by Pedro Pascal, does a world-wide mind wipe
    Could he have made her forget how to fly?

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Could he have made her forget how to fly?
    PJ said Wonder Woman is at the “height” of her power so she could conceivably learn how to fly and forget it when Lord resets her brain to factory settings

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    PJ said Wonder Woman is at the “height” of her power so she could conceivably learn how to fly and forget it when Lord resets her brain to factory settings
    It would be a bad way to explain her lack of flight in other movies.

I know this isn't going to be the case, but I am trying to find ways (comic book reasons) about why she might have flight in this movie, but not in subsequent others.

And, put me as one of the people that hasn't forgotten Justice League. She still couldn't fly and was totally ineffectual against Supes and SW. I guess we are lucky that Supes, timewise, can't be in this movie otherwise any world ending plots would be rendered moot. Supes would come in to save the day.

I know this isn't going to be the case, but I am trying to find ways (comic book reasons) about why she might have flight in this movie, but not in subsequent others.

And, put me as one of the people that hasn't forgotten Justice League. She still couldn't fly and was totally ineffectual against Supes and SW. I guess we are lucky that Supes, timewise, can't be in this movie otherwise any world ending plots would be rendered moot. Supes would come in to save the day.
    She was using the Invisible Jet, She sacrifices part of her powers to save Cheetah or bring back Steve, Cheetah or another villain attacks her at the part of the body that allows her to fly and injures it, Dr. Psycho hypnotizes her into forgetting how to fly, or...since its the 80s Wonder Woman gets AIDS and it takes away her ability to fly

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    She was using the Invisible Jet, She sacrifices part of her powers to save Cheetah or bring back Steve, Cheetah or another villain attacks her at the part of the body that allows her to fly and injures it, Dr. Psycho hypnotizes her into forgetting how to fly, or...since its the 80s Wonder Woman gets AIDS and it takes away her ability to fly
    Very comic booky.

I think I will stick with the idea that she was never meant to fly in the DCEU. They can't let a female potentially outshine their money maker, Superman.

Did I say money maker? Wasn't Wonder Woman the more profitable movie over Man of Steel?

Hmmm, makes you think what the higher ups in the DCEU really think of Wonder Woman.

Incredible Member

In my head, I just believe that she can fly. How else did she journey to the island in DoJ and "drop" down into the middle of battle from above? Did she hire a helicopter? Did she "leap" from the top of a skyscraper on the mainland?

What was she doing at the very end of Wonder Woman when she jumped off the roof of the building? Planning on making a giant pot hole in the ground when she landed?

How did she get to the top of the Justice statue in JL? Did she really waste precious time climbing up there to get an eagle eyed look at the roof of a building? Did she "leap" up there for some reason?

It's ridiculous and aggravating and nonsensical that they continue to refuse to simply show Wonder Woman "flying" under her own power in any of the big screen movies. But, I choose to believe that there are enough hints to indicate that she can fly. Unfortunately, she apparently has a poor memory when it comes to her abilities and forgets about her ability to fly at certain moments (e.g. escaping the flooding tunnels in JL by hanging onto the back of Batman's mechanical cockroach instead of flying (or leaping) up, up and away).

Patty Jenkins rewrote that. Saying Diana was in a way active. In JL and Wonder Woman seems she can at least float in someway. I mean other than the Superfriends and her animation movie any other animation has her flying. Why can't she fly?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"Just saw a super short clip from #WonderWoman84 that showed Diana in costume taking down a couple bad guys in a mall food court. She tosses a girl to safety, grabs their guns, crushes them, then lassos them and jumps off the top floor."

"The clip ended with a shot of Diana running super fast down a city street, looking very ’80’s ish. The whole vibe reminded me of the old TV show, but that’s from a very short look."

"Wonder Woman’s costume definitely looks more vibrant and colorful. Other than that, it’s far too early to say what else may be different or the same."

"Gal Gadot says that #WonderWoman84 is not a sequel. it’s very much its own story. Patty Jenkins also reiterates that she was to make a whole new movie that’s unique in its own right."

"Patty Jenkins says that Richard Donner was a filmmaking influence for her and credits him as the creator of the superhero genre."

https://twitter.com/joblocom

So it’s stand alone story meaning it doesn’t matter? Why not have it be a sequel?

Spectacular Member

Once again a SDCC live only clip?
    They somehow did the same thing to Aquaman last year.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So it’s stand alone story meaning it doesn’t matter? Why not have it be a sequel?
    Because they want it to be fully watchable and understandable without having seen the first film?

It is a sequel in that it is set after the first Wonder Woman movie, and because it features the same hero. But both Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman 1984 tell their own self-contained stories, much like the Indiana Jones movies did. It is not Wonder Woman part 2 but the second story with Wonder Woman as the hero.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think film franchises having the individual films be episodic and able to stand alone without having to rely on each other could be very interesting and refreshing compared to "you must see every single film to understand what is going on, and need to see this unrelated film about another hero for a ten second scene that is going to be totes important 5 films from now for everybody"

Aliens is a sequel to Alien, but both work well as individual episodes.

All-New Member

Wonder Woman 84 has to put Donnie Simpson in a really good cameo You can't talk or show D.C. in the 80s with Donnie Simpson

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar