Page 133 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2541

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Dude that's just personal opinion, it's not written in stone.
    Every post here is personal opinion.

The difference is that mine is shared by a majority of film critics at least, and potentially the majority of moviegoers.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Every post here is personal opinion.

The difference is that mine is shared by a majority of film critics at least, and potentially the majority of moviegoers.
    I'm laughing so hard right now.

I feel like I'm in a Star Wars Trilogy conversation right now.

It’s cool, I’ll just pretend to have liked the movie so that my opinion doesn’t hurt your feelings.

Astonishing Member

Ok, to each his/her own opinion.
    But - quite frankly - thinking that Man of Steel is, or could ever been a thing is nonsensical at this point (that is frickin' SEVEN years after the release).
    I mean, I actually think that Aquaman is an incredibly dumb movie - and I don't mean "dumb" in a good way - but I can see why some people may like it, in the same way some people like the Fast & Furious series. And as a matter of fact we are getting Aquaman 2.
    If there is one thing Man of Steel is remembered for, it's how incredibly divisive and debatable some narrative choices were. That and... Well. Nothing else actually.
    Anyway, just to get back tot he topic, on Rotten Tomatoes it has just reached 73% in terms of audience score, so it's actually lower than Man of Steel at this point. So if anyone wants to take Rotten Tomatoes as a point of reference, you actually have your answer regarding WW84.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

While the audience reactions are troubling I feel kinda validated that a movie with Maxwell Lord at the center wasn't well received. Maybe this is what it takes for DC to finally stop forcing him into the WW mythos?

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    But - quite frankly - thinking that Man of Steel is, or could ever been a thing is nonsensical at this point (that is frickin' SEVEN years after the release).
    I mean, I actually think that Aquaman is an incredibly dumb movie - and I don't mean "dumb" in a good way - but I can see why some people may like it, in the same way some people like the Fast & Furious series. And as a matter of fact we are getting Aquaman 2.
    If there is one thing Man of Steel is remembered for, it's how incredibly divisive and debatable some narrative choices were. That and... Well. Nothing else actually.
    Anyway, just to get back tot he topic, on Rotten Tomatoes it has just reached 73% in terms of audience score, so it's actually lower than Man of Steel at this point. So if anyone wants to take Rotten Tomatoes as a point of reference, you actually have your answer regarding WW84.
    Totally agree that discussing MoS and the others is kinda lame. I was doing so as a comparison among the shared universe films because some other posters didn’t like me wondering why DC can’t seem to have a stable slate of decent movies when some think they already do have a good slate of films.

Obviously it’s all opinion, but I can voice mine and shouldn’t be attacked with “that’s just your opinion.” I mean, yea that’s true....

Divisive and a complete flop are not the same thing. My point was that DC had more than two good movies. That's a hell lot more true than brandnewfan's stance on things which is the usual sky is falling mentality when it comes to DC movies on this site. I think I'm painting a much more complete picture in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    While the audience reactions are troubling I feel kinda validated that a movie with Maxwell Lord at the center wasn't well received. Maybe this is what it takes for DC to finally stop forcing him into the WW mythos?
    Why would it? A bad Suicide Squad movie with Harley Quinn didn't stop her from still being in that team.

Astonishing Member

I'm afraid that the problems with WW 84 depend on Patty Jenkins way more than they depend on Max Lord.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

I'm afraid that the problems with WW 84 depend on Patty Jenkins way more than they depend on Max Lord.

Agreed. I could be okay with Max if the writing held up; it’s doesn’t. I won’t say that it’s Patty’s fault because who knows, but something fell apart here compared to the first film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    It was quite clear to me that she flew at the end. Self-powered. Actual flight (not "gliding on air currents"). The whole "gliding" was just Steve Trevor using an analogy to illuminate his thoughts about flying to Diana (and it also served as yet another nod to WW comics from the past). She seemed wobbly and unsure at the beginning, and she used the lasso to "power" her flight, but in the end, you distinctly see Diana flying herself, with no lasso, no swinging from clouds, and no hitching a ride on lightning. She flew in that self-assured, one-arm-extended pose that is so common in comic book iconography. I find it hard to believe that anybody, after watching the film, still thinks that she is "gliding"...
    I do. Simply because It’s her classic power from decades back.

Just because he doesn’t have her arms speak means little to nothing, because no human being can glide like that anyway. It’s physically impossible.

Since it’s Physically impossible, and she’s doing it, it’s not physics. So saying the physics of her body language doesn’t support gliding is irrelevant to me.

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    One thing about the surprise villain mentioned:

spoilers:
    Diana refers to him as Dolos, Mendacius, and the Duke of Deception. Dolos is the Greek version of the deity, Mendacius the Roman version, and the Duke is what he's referred to in the Wonder Woman series. Very neat to see that a villain who has kinda been pushed to the wayside over the years is responsible for the corrupt wishing plot.
    end of spoilers

I'm also pretty sure there's a character named Doctor Zool at the end, but it's a man. In the Golden Age, Professor Zool was the one who evolved Giganta from an ape into a fiery redhead. Gotta love these easter eggs!
    I liked the classic villain reference as well
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

I diasgree. I think pascals Max was a highlight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Divisive and a complete flop are not the same thing. My point was that DC had more than two good movies. That's a hell lot more true than brandnewfan's stance on things which is the usual sky is falling mentality when it comes to DC movies on this site. I think I'm painting a much more complete picture in comparison.
    The point with MOS is not that it is divisive. The point with MOS is that it is remembered for being divisive and full of debatable choices and nothing else. It's irrelevant in terms of everything a movie could be irrelevant for. And the same could be said for BvS and Justice League, and no one really cared for Birds of Prey either. So I'd say that the idea that DC has had just two-three good movies (whereas "good" means relatively "well-received by critics and audience alike") is actually pretty close to the truth. I actually don't care much for any of them, including the first Wonder Woman, which I consider incredibly flawed, but I'd say that according to most standards (rotten tomatoes, word-of-mouth, etc) those two-three movies can be considered "objectively" good.
    On the other hand, if we are just talking about personal tastes, well... Respectable people who like Justice League actually exist on this world, so I can't understand what's the point of talking just in terms of personal opinions. I mean, guilty pleasures exist.

"You know, I loved Suicide Squad".
    "I actually think that it is a steamin' pile of crap".
    "Damn! Why didn't you tell me about it? If had known your opinion before I wouldn't have watched it!"