Page 143 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2541
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Except that she was not shown as a powerhouse in WW84, and her iconic foe Cbeetah was treated as barely above fodder.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. I know she didn't have any "feats," but I thought Diana and Wonder Woman were shown as powerhouses.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Those two concepts are essentially diametrically opposed.
    Yet WW has been portrayed as both. A powerhouse and a diplomat in her best writen stories.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree. I know she didn't have any "feats," but I thought Diana and Wonder Woman were shown as powerhouses.
    How could that be when she had no feats on that level?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Yet WW has been portrayed as both. A powerhouse and a diplomat in her best writen stories.
    But that's not really what was quoted was saying. The person asks why can't Diana "love" to fight and try to avoid fighting for peaceful negotiations. The "love" is what makes it diametrically opposed. However, yes she has been portrayed as a fighter who prefers peaceful methods countless times.

As for your next quote, Wonder Woman is shown as lassoing a bullet, riding on lightning, an insane healing ability, her sonic blast was shown to knock out several men at once, she was able to be submerged in water and take an electical shock without being phased, and still shown as a skilled fighter. She was also shown is still great with her reflexes to deflect multiple bullets at once. And even while losing her powers, she was able to flip over a truck, kick an armored tank, and using a missile to propel herself adn use her lasso in a lot of traversal ways. I thought Wonder Woman came off as extremely powerful, skilled, and confident in her abilities.

But that's not really what was quoted was saying. The person asks why can't Diana "love" to fight and try to avoid fighting for peaceful negotiations. The "love" is what makes it diametrically opposed. However, yes she has been portrayed as a fighter who prefers peaceful methods countless times.
    Semantics, but she could "love to fight" but goes out of her way to avoid it because she knows it's the worse option between that and peace. But I get your point. If she chooses to fight when it can be avoided, she's failing at her job for peace.

I think a lot of the issues about her powerhouse status could've been resolved with better action sequences, particularly her fight with Cheetah which was nothing particularly special.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

I think a lot of the issues about her powerhouse status could've been resolved with better action sequences, particularly her fight with Cheetah which was nothing particularly special.
    Why would Diana go all-out in a fight with Cheetah, though? Barbara was her friend and a good person and not at all in control of what was happening to her.
    Last edited by Largo161; 12-28-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Why would Diana go all-out in fight with Cheetah, though? Barbara was her friend and a good person and not at all in control of what was happening to her.
    Diana wouldn't, but if you buffed Cheetah then Diana has fewer pure-defense options and she has to take a more aggressive approach to stop Cheetah.

I suppose you could compare it to MCU's Thor vs Hulk or Hulkbuster vs. Hulk. Hulk's opponents aren't out for blood, but they don't achieve their goals if they just submit to being punching bags for Hulk.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Why would Diana go all-out in fight with Cheetah, though? Barbara was her friend and a good person and not at all in control of what was happening to her.
    Yes, Patty said the fight was staged so that it wasn't about punching, both both parties trying to get the other under control. Or at least Diana was trying to restrain Barbara instead of hurt her, Barbara may have been going for the kill:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...an-fight.html/

If they have a rematch in 3 and Cheetah gets enhanced further, we may get more of a knock down drag out fight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes, Patty said the fight was staged so that it wasn't about punching, both both parties trying to get the other under control. Or at least Diana was trying to restrain Barbara instead of hurt her, Barbara may have been going for the kill:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...an-fight.html/

If they have a rematch in 3 and Cheetah gets enhanced further, we may get more of a knock down drag out fight.
    How? I think this is always one of my big problems with Diana having flight. How is a grounded Cheetah a worthy opponent of someone with Diana's speed, reflexes, strength, ingenuity, and flight? I accept Cheetah vs. Wonder Woman fights with a flightless Wonder Woman, but with one with flight, it seems unfairly in Diana's favor.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

How? I think this is always one of my big problems with Diana having flight. How is a grounded Cheetah a worthy opponent of someone with Diana's speed, reflexes, strength, ingenuity, and flight? I accept Cheetah vs. Wonder Woman fights with a flightless Wonder Woman, but with one with flight, it seems unfairly in Diana's favor.
    Cheetah specializes in using her speed for sneak attacks. Like in her first appearance in the George Perez run, where she uses hit and run tactics to get Diana off balance and overpower her. Diana had flight then, but due to the element of surprise, Minerva was able to keep her close to the ground. Diana can start to fly away, but Cheetah can leap and tackle her to the ground before she gets too far.

Astonishing Member

Cats have no chance against birds.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Cheetah specializes in using her speed for sneak attacks. Like in her first appearance in the George Perez run, where she uses hit and run tactics to get Diana off balance and overpower her. Diana had flight then, but due to the element of surprise, Minerva was able to keep her close to the ground. Diana can start to fly away, but Cheetah can leap and tackle her to the ground before she gets too far.
    This seems very setting specific. Where they were fighting in 84, IT didn't seem to have a place where Cheetah could hide. Also, based on 84, Diana was a lot more aware of their surroundings than Cheetah who was simply pouncing. I'm always open to being wrong, and if Cheetah returns, I'll be happy to have a great showdown with the two. However, based on what I've seen in the comics, animation, and Wonder Woman 1984, I'm simply unconvinced.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Diana wouldn't, but if you buffed Cheetah then Diana has fewer pure-defense options and she has to take a more aggressive approach to stop Cheetah.

I suppose you could compare it to MCU's Thor vs Hulk or Hulkbuster vs. Hulk. Hulk's opponents aren't out for blood, but they don't achieve their goals if they just submit to being punching bags for Hulk.
    Cheetah retained her intellect and awareness. It made sense for Diana to try to reach her with reasoning. Cheetah wasn’t on a rampage, harming innocents.

But yeah, they could have created circumstances where Diana would be forced to punch Cheetah through a skyscraper. That’s not the story they wanted to tell here.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I'm so over this peace, love and joy thing
    We are talking about Wonder Woman, right? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Do fans want Wonder Woman to be a powerhouse warrior who loves to fight or a ambassador/diplomat who don't want to fight and negotiate peacefully with the enemy?
    I want both. It's really not that hard; kung fu movies have been doing the 'peaceful warrior' shtick for decades.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Cats have no chance against birds.
    I get what you're saying, but is it really the best comparison? Diana has super reflexes, super speed, durability, and a healing factor. I just don't see how the hide and sneak attack method could be used effectively against Diana for long.

Both in Bloodlines and Wonder Woman 1984, they've had to ignore Diana's flight to make a fair battle with Cheetah. Again, I'm happy to be wrong as Jenkins has shown with her use of the lasso that she is quite creative.