Page 145 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2541

So they have advantages the other doesn't.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Cheetah is certainly faster, but Diana is more skilled and that always pulls her through in the end
    I mean it's essentially how most Super-Wonder fights should probably go. Clark may have higher raw stats but Diana is pretty much at those levels, if not just under, while vastly outskilling him. Like with Clark, she can just ride out Cheetah's assault until she finds an opening to exploit and then it's like watching a professional take someone apart. Cheetah not having Superman's plot armor means she pretty much has no real chance of actually winning (though will put up a great showing) in a fair fight against Diana where Superman sometimes pulls it out of his ass because he's also a protagonist.

But DC loves their villains getting powers and skills just to task the hero (re: Joker) so don't be surprised if in ten years Cheetah finds a way to mainline Speed Force without needing Zoom of Flash blood like that one time Pre-Flashpoint.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I meant for the metaphor about the bird and the cat. It isn't a good metaphor because Diana is much stronger, smarter, more observant and has better reflexes than a bird vs a cat. Even with cheetah being faster, that does not account for all the other attributes Diana brings into the fight plus her flight.

This also does not take into account DCEU Wonder Woman also has sonic blasts from her bracelets.

I would love to see a great Cheetah vs Wonder Woman when Diana has flight but so far that has not happened. Again maybe Patty will do something interesting with Wonder Woman 3 to show it's possible.
    Reflexes go on speed.

Sounds like you want a Wonder Woman who would beat Cheetah easily in a few seconds.

Again, not great for story telling.

Being able to fly is an advantage, but so are claws that rip you to pieces.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Cheetah is certainly faster, but Diana is more skilled and that always pulls her through in the end
    As it must, since Cheetah killing WW would make future stories difficult.

But it should be a tough battle. And I think the movie showed that successfully.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So they have advantages the other doesn't.
    Exactly. Is Diana better off flying through and smacking her down? Sure, but Cheetah would be stupid to let that happen. Each one would look for ways to use their own strengths while nullifying the opposition’s advantages.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    As it must, since Cheetah killing WW would make future stories difficult.

But it should be a tough battle. And I think the movie showed that successfully.
    The movie did not show a tough battle. It was short. Diana was on defensive all the time and had no problem restraining Cheetah. And the oh so "powerful" Cheetah defeated because she got electrocuted. Seriously, how can anybody think that is a good look?

Incredible Member

Reflexes go on speed.

Sounds like you want a Wonder Woman who would beat Cheetah easily in a few seconds.

Again, not great for story telling.

Being able to fly is an advantage, but so are claws that rip you to pieces.
    I never once said that nor intimated it. That is actually the exact opposite of the conversation we - or at least I - was having.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-29-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Seems the Warners made the right call, businesswise.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/wonder-...ks-1234661963/
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The movie did not show a tough battle. It was short. Diana was on defensive all the time and had no problem restraining Cheetah. And the oh so "powerful" Cheetah defeated because she got electrocuted. Seriously, how can anybody think that is a good look?
    So did you think Ares losing to Diana was a bad showing for him? Just curious
    The J-man

So did you think Ares losing to Diana was a bad showing for him? Just curious
    No because that battle was better developed, and Ares didn't go down in one hit. Or like in Cheetah's case, one shotted by an electric wire.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    At the very least, we didn’t have to see Aquaman beat her with fish.

Getting hit with the electrical energy to power an entire military base and only getting knocked out seems pretty good to me.
    Last edited by brettc1; 12-29-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Getting hit with the electrical energy to power an entire military base and only getting knocked out seems pretty good to me.
    Still. She deserves far better.

And it was one electric wire. She wasn't hit by the whole electrical supply.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah, as a conclusion to this fight it was fine. And it may only be their first.

Let's also keep in mind she was up again a few minutes later, but by that point Max was renouncing his powers.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I was looking forward to hear what my co-workers thought about the film. These are people who are not comic book geeks or even fans of the Lynda Carter show; I just wanted to see what feedback (if any) I got from the average person who simply watches an action film enticed by the marketing. 3 o my co-workers watched the film. Nobody raved about it, but nobody said anything even close to "the biggest POS I have ever seen!" (like some hyperbolic fanboys are saying).
    The complaints I got from my buddies at work: "boring"; "not enough superhero action" "cliched character" (yes, one character, Cheetah. They thought that the whole 'clumsy, insecure bespectacled nerd who finds her inner powerful person/villain' thing with Barbara Minerva was super corny and super unoriginal); also, someone felt that the film made Wonder Woman look "too weak."

I thought about these reactions a lot. I still feel that Jenkins is a solid director who made extremely questionable choices as a writer AND as a director in WW84. I refuse to join the bloodthirsty fanboy mob that went from "She saved the DCEU! In Jenkins we trust!" in 2017 to "She is not a great director and she needs to stay away from superheroes, Diana, Star Wars and movies in general!" in 2020. That is such BS.
    I am truly hoping that she is taking lots of notes in regard to the overall audience reaction to WW84 and that she gets back with Allan Heinberg (for WW3) as collaborating writing partners. They need to sit down and find a compromise between so-called artistic vision and mainstream blockbuster sensibilities, because Wonder Woman 3 needs to be a fantastic superhero film that lets Diana be superheroic and powerful. And it needs to give audiences emotional moments BUT also lots of bone-crunching action.
    The trilogy needs to go out with a bang.

Hey all, I've started a WW84 love thread for those of us who want a safe space to talk about the things we liked about the movie. Please, no hate! I appreciate that not all opinions are the same, but with respect, I, and I know others, need a space where we can show this film some love and not feel like we have to defend it.

Truth and Love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**