Page 15 of 170 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I really don't mind it not being a direct sequel, but I would hate if they don't explain how:

WW got her new sword?
    Avoid being detected in the 1980s..at least security cameras have been around then?

aand I hope Cheetah fights like an animal that Diana has never trained for..

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    I really don't mind it not being a direct sequel, but I would hate if they don't explain how:

WW got her new sword?
    Avoid being detected in the 1980s..at least security cameras have been around then?

aand I hope Cheetah fights like an animal that Diana has never trained for..
    Or as some of the photos from the set suggest, how she isn't recognized going through a mall in costume doing amazing feats.

And, of course, if she flys like Superman, how come she doesn't later on in her career (obviously a sticking point for me )

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/07/25/w...asha-rothwell/

New casting and I already feel the presence of Etta Candy!!! Natasha is so great, perfect fit if that's indeed her role.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Or as some of the photos from the set suggest, how she isn't recognized going through a mall in costume doing amazing feats.
    Recognized as... who exactly? People wouldn't know her secret identity as Diana Prince is hardly the overexposed celebrity Bruce Wayne would be. Mid 80's surveillance tech would be primitive at best (if videos were even installed in regular malls in 1984) so it would be hard to even recollect her features clearly.

I like the idea of Wonder Woman exposing herself to random people at random far-flung locations in very rare instances throughout the decades and becoming an urban legend of sorts. Though I doubt anyone could make the connection between a mysterious angelic warrior woman who appeared on the Belgian frontlines during World War I in 1917 to someone who appeared in an American mall some 67 years later.

So JL is most likely not cannon to Wonder Woman anymore has Dc is doing mutilverses. So maybe Steve will live

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So JL is most likely not cannon to Wonder Woman anymore has Dc is doing mutilverses. So maybe Steve will live
    Who says the Justice League isn't canon anymore? The movie still made over 600 million, and even though it was a loser in terms of box office, plenty of people still saw it.

It is only wishful thinking on our part that the movie isn't canon. But....enough people saw the movie and the curbstomping that Superman did to the Justice League and to Steppenwolf that they know almost any problem can be solved by Supes alone.

Yet, I will concede the point that it isn't canon anymore if Wonder Woman flies under her own power ala Superman (not by air currents) and in all of her succeeding appearances she retains this power. Otherwise, Patty Jenkins is being constrained by the limits the DCEU has already set for them.

It didn’t do well in review either. It seems almost at times Diana could fly in the first Wonder Woman movie. Almost has if she was hovering in her fight with Ares.

It didn’t do well in review either. It seems almost at times Diana could fly in the first Wonder Woman movie. Almost has if she was hovering in her fight with Ares.
    Almost doesn't count. Cyborg didn't almost fly, he flew. And I cannot see a scenario where Shazam almost flies. He will for sure be flying, if not right away, towards the end of his movie.

Saying the word almost truly feels like a copout. Just show her flying, or in this case, just tell us she can't.

By almost I mean that she hasn't unlocked that power yet and I hope she does have that.

By almost I mean that she hasn't unlocked that power yet and I hope she does have that.
    If Justice League is still canon and there is nothing to suggest it isn't, then she won't fly.

More casting news! Ravi Patel (Master of None) & Gabriella Wilde (Carrie) https://deadline.com/2018/07/wonder-...el-1202435167/

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    More casting news! Ravi Patel (Master of None) & Gabriella Wilde (Carrie) https://deadline.com/2018/07/wonder-...el-1202435167/
    Vanessa aka eventual future Silver Swan in ‘Wonder Woman 1999’

or maybe ‘Wonder Woman 2000’
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Young Donald Trump?