Page 154 of 170 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2541
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Only hardcore Wondy and Gal fans went to theatres during a pandemic. They r going to be more lenient on the movie.
    That's the thing. There seems to be no middle ground here(and with the majority of female leads that don't meet expectations). Some may be lenient. But others are in my opinion exaggerating. The amount of heat this movie received just seems strange in my opinion. Because it's just a bland/average movie. It has a few well done ideas, and others potentially good ideas that were badly executed. For me. The best thing it did, was get Diana's voice right, get rid off the sword and shield and finally have her flying. for the rest, the first movie did a better job being more cohesive, but still not enough classic WW vibe. Which means that we still haven't had an ultimate WW film. I hope WW3 can be the one, we'll see.

There's no way the movie will be getting any awards except maybe the score and costumes.

Part of the reason why Academy Awards should be taken with a grain of salt.

"For your consideration..."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    There's no way the movie will be getting any awards except maybe the score and costumes.
    It's standard practice for studios, and it could be something to make Patty/Gal happy. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Needless to say, movies like Green Book and Crash have won Oscars. Oscars aren't always about the quality of the film but politics.

seems some people are annoyed that it may happen. I am not the greatest fan of WW84, I liked parts of it, but others less. But if it wins any Oscars I would be very happy.

Extraordinary Member

Only hardcore Wondy and Gal fans went to theatres during a pandemic. They’re r going to be more lenient on the movie.
    That’s an interesting supposition, but what’s your empirical evidence?

You know that people like me in overseas countries outside the USA also provide ratings?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member

Really surprised there is going to be an Academy Awards. Thought they would call it off due to lack of movies released.

https://twitter.com/LillyAspell/stat...41538771931147

Sometimes you just need a big bucket of chicken

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Here is a BBC article on Lilly Aspell.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-55630305

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    That's the thing. There seems to be no middle ground here(and with the majority of female leads that don't meet expectations). Some may be lenient. But others are in my opinion exaggerating. The amount of heat this movie received just seems strange in my opinion. Because it's just a bland/average movie. It has a few well done ideas, and others potentially good ideas that were badly executed. For me. The best thing it did, was get Diana's voice right, get rid off the sword and shield and finally have her flying. for the rest, the first movie did a better job being more cohesive, but still not enough classic WW vibe. Which means that we still haven't had an ultimate WW film. I hope WW3 can be the one, we'll see.
    Ideally yes, but WB will probably fire Patty and hire someone to make Xena the warrior princess movie

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Ideally yes, but WB will probably fire Patty and hire someone to make Xena the warrior princess movie
    WB comfirmed Patty to return for WW3. We will have to wait and see.

I will be honest. After all the mess of the past years, if things don't improve and we have to settle for warrior princess WW. Then at least they should put real effort into that direction, since they never really put effort to allow WW to settle and have a consistent direction. So if that is truly what they want for the character. They better start showing WW as a badass warrior kicking major asses. Because their vision of warrior princess doesn't hold a candle to Xena. Xena on her own TV show and comics, get to do a lot of cool and badass stuff. While their vision of warrior princess WW is usually a bore mess doing nothing important while any other character gets to do something relevant. Hell Xena even got the power to beat all the Gods at one point. When was the last time we had a WW going in an adventure that felt epic, fun and badass? If we have to settle for super human Xena instead of a powerhouse WW that try to talk first but can fight in big powerful ways if she has to, at least make the most out of that warrior princess direction, and make her energetic, confident, fully active(not pro reacting all the time like in most recent runs where she just feels like going though the motion), and give WW adventures and fighting scenes worth of a so called warrior princess.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 01-15-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    That’s an interesting supposition, but what’s your empirical evidence?

You know that people like me in overseas countries outside the USA also provide ratings?
    We are talking about Rotten tomatoes verified score and CinemaScore which cant be done outside US