Page 157 of 170 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2541
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    They greenlit a sequel like 2 days after the 84's release. I think that's a good level of commitment. Plus with WB's track record, I think rushing to make more would badly hurt the quality.
    Sure getting a sequel is great. But thats still the "bare minimum" to me. The Batman hasnt even premiered in theaters and already has a spin off series on HBO Max and of course will likely get a sequel itself. The Suicide Squad is spinning off a random character to its own series on HBO Max. I want them to do more with the world of Diana that isnt the Justice League or Superhero Girls cartoons.

I can't really say I understand why WB is so invested in the Suicide Squad. It's sort of like someone decided Batman makes money, Joker gets Academy Awards, so Harley is a hill they will die on if the must die.

I can't really say I understand why WB is so invested in the Suicide Squad. It's sort of like someone decided Batman makes money, Joker gets Academy Awards, so Harley is a hill they will die on if the must die.
    I’d assume it’s because it’s team they can throw anyone on and also appeal to the crowd that likes anti-hero stuff like Deadpool or Wolverine, plus like you said another vehicle to shill Harley (I guess the BOP wasn’t enough)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Despite all of Wonder Womans successes, WB still appears to do the bare minimum with her. Why not set forth an Amazon series on HBOMax or the spin off film that Patty wanted to do?
    She's already appeared in 4 movies with the sequel announced only two days after the movie opened. That's great in an environment where COVID has devastated box office releases and projects. The critical response to 1984 has been pretty lukewarm from both critics and audiences. Lowest rated DCEU movie on IMDB. Maybe the Amazon series would have been greenlit if 1984 was better received?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    She's already appeared in 4 movies with the sequel announced only two days after the movie opened. That's great in an environment where COVID has devastated box office releases and projects. The critical response to 1984 has been pretty lukewarm from both critics and audiences. Lowest rated DCEU movie on IMDB. Maybe the Amazon series would have been greenlit if 1984 was better received?
    Are we supposed to applaud them for this after doing next to nothing with her for over 40 years? WW was a huge success, WW84 gave them subscribers 2 years in advance of what they were expecting. She's done more than the current renditions of Batman and Superman have been able to do, this was to no help from WB. If they arent afraid of a 3rd WW film then they shouldnt be afraid of an Amazon film. Now if Patty wants a huge budget for it then thats one thing but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I’d assume it’s because it’s team they can throw anyone on and also appeal to the crowd that likes anti-hero stuff like Deadpool or Wolverine, plus like you said another vehicle to shill Harley (I guess the BOP wasn’t enough)
    It didn't work out, BOP was a flop, maybe an eye opener is she that popular? even changing the name of the movie didn't work.

WW 84 with a pandemic raging is 50million short from BOP.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    So many things have been greenlighted despite getting mixed reviews. The heat WW84 received was exaggerated in my opinion. I can't see how movies like suicide squad and bvs are better developed movies for example. And WB and DC have a consistent trackrecord with doing the bare minimun with WW. The first film was a big hit and then? nothing. WW84 proved to be a success for HBOMAX. And yet again, they don't seem to be doing much with WW. and this year is her 80th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    So many things have been greenlighted despite getting mixed reviews. The heat WW84 received was exaggerated in my opinion. I can't see how movies like suicide squad and bvs are better developed movies for example. And WB and DC have a consistent trackrecord with doing the bare minimun with WW. The first film was a big hit and then? nothing. WW84 proved to be a success for HBOMAX. And yet again, they don't seem to be doing much with WW. and this year is her 80th anniversary.
    Not sure what you mean by nothing in this case. Obviously, it got a sequel that got pushed back because of COVID, but I think it also got paused momentarily because the movie directly following the 2017 film, effin' Justice League, was supposed to tie together all of the franchises, but it was such a flop that they had to do some creative pivots moving forward. Outside Hollywood, the movie Wonder Woman: Bloodlines, I think, was greenlit as a result of the Hollywood film's success.

Also, they didn't make Hollywood releases for Superman or Batman's 80th anniversaries.

Not sure what you mean by nothing in this case. Obviously, it got a sequel that got pushed back because of COVID, but I think it also got paused momentarily because the movie directly following the 2017 film, effin' Justice League, was supposed to tie together all of the franchises, but it was such a flop that they had to do some creative pivots moving forward.

Also, they didn't make Hollywood releases for Superman or Batman's 80th anniversaries.
    jl movie treated her as fodder to superman. And there was no other project about her or any main focus on her in the comics. So yes, nothing.

jl movie treated her as fodder to superman. And there was no other project about her or any main focus on her in the comics. So yes, nothing.
    Justice League was a mess. Nobody's going to argue with that. But a sequel and an animated movie in response to a successful movie don't count as "nothing."

We can always ask for more, but "not enough" != "nothing".

Justice League was a mess. Nobody's going to argue with that. But a sequel and an animated movie in response to a successful movie don't count as "nothing."

We can always ask for more, but "not enough" != "nothing".
    That is the bare minimun still. They don-t really push her verse that much. It-s the same in the comics. Where she still plays second field to the big boys and does almost nothing important. She doesn-t even show her powers in big ways anymore.

See the positive, Aquaman had the biggest DCEU movie hit and this year is also his 80th anniversary and they haven't given him a book and done nothing to exploit the movie success. So its not just WW.
    At DC you must be Batman or that horrible character called Harley that flopped spectacularly at Box Office, to get attention and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    See the positive, Aquaman had the biggest DCEU movie hit and this year is also his 80th anniversary and they haven't given him a book and done nothing to exploit the movie success. So its not just WW.
    At DC you must be Batman or that horrible character called Harley that flopped spectacularly at Box Office, to get attention and stuff.
    Maybe the WB/DC Trinity in the future will be Batman/Joker/Harley, until Batman hits public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    At least Aquaman had a better origin movie in terms of his world and how it was shown in an epic way. I am aware WW is the only character suffering. But we are in a WW section. So i complain about the lack of respect for the so called biggest female hero.

At least Aquaman had a better origin movie in terms of his world and how it was shown in an epic way. I am aware WW is the only character suffering. But we are in a WW section. So i complain about the lack of respect for the so called biggest female hero.
    She should call herself harley instead of Diana, maybe she gets some respect. Its speaks volumes how a hideous character gets more attention than WW by DC.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 02-04-2021 at 04:36 PM.