Page 160 of 170 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2541

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    I encourage you to re-read my quote, we seem to be making the same point, but to different ends. Regardless, this subject isn't one that needs to gain ANY more traction, so I will not be piping up about it anymore. Hopefully it'll be ignored enough times that people will (please) stop bringing it up on this forum.

Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**
    my apologies - by mistake quoted you

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I just saw the Cruella trailer. I think it looks amazing, but as I watched it, I could not help but think that it could be the trailer for a Cheetah origin film starring Priscilla Rich. Yes, I know that Cruella's and Priscilla's stories are different. But something about this trailer made me fantasize about an alternate reality in which Wonder Woman (not Batman) was the member of the Trinity who got all the spin-offs, TV shows, prequel series, and even villain motion picture showcases (like Joker and Catwoman to Batman)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmRKv7n2If8

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I just saw the Cruella trailer. I think it looks amazing, but as I watched it, I could not help but think that it could be the trailer for a Cheetah origin film starring Priscilla Rich. Yes, I know that Cruella's and Priscilla's stories are different. But something about this trailer made me fantasize about an alternate reality in which Wonder Woman (not Batman) was the member of the Trinity who got all the spin-offs, TV shows, prequel series, and even villain motion picture showcases (like Joker and Catwoman to Batman)
    Considering Barbara wore all those animal skins in WW84, the comparison isn't far off at all. WW84 Barbara definitely had some Pricilla ascetics.

At least we're finally getting a Wonder Woman trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    This being a fantasy movie doesn't change that.
    If she kills fantasy characters does that mean it's not a death or murder because the character couldn't exist in real life..? I don't think so.

I'm not looking to argue with folks but come on...it was a rape. She is supposed to be a principled character and we don't want it to be the legacy of the film but...that's what it was. Her being pretty or a heroine doesn't absolve her of that.
    Generally speaking, killing in fantasy is a ton more applicable to real life, though. For instance, when Superman killed Zod by breaking his neck (SPOILER!), perhaps it leans too heavily into movie tropes (breaking a guy's neck that way is largely unfeasible; imagine how low average life expectancy would be if our necks were that fragile!), but putting a guy into a similar chokehold has been demonstrably lethal.

If WW "raped" the guy in a more traditional sense, there'd be a lot more people who'd be outraged as you are, but what's in the movie so impractical that many people here just don't want to touch any real life comparisons.

Incredible Member

I get that...but having seen similar situations of body posession on Star Trek for example, it was at least done in a way that didn't cross that line in terms of sex. You could tell writers were aware of how that would play to the audience so they made a point of not letting it go there. Heck, even the movie Ghost is still plagued by the odd scene where Demi and Whoopi's characters technically make out, even if we see Demi and Patrick in the film. Here, it was like....I don't know....they wilfully walked into a problematic scenario and no one said anything about how easily it could have been avoided. It was sloppy. Wonder Woman deserved better because it is a blemish on her character.

Again, I think it will sadly remain part of the film's legacy, as well as the Max memes and barely-there Cheetah. There's not enough here to allow for it to be a cult hit. I suspect it'll just be remembered as a misstep.

And to the poster who said Cheetah's development here worked because it set her up well for sequels....sadly no. No one knew at all why she became a Cheetah by the final act of this movie. It's not even clear if she gets to keep her powers by the end of the film.

I recall reading in this thread, I think, that test screenings left Cheetah dead after the electrocution. So...it wasn't a thoughtful plan to establish her for later use. Would have been nice if it was.

I get that...but having seen similar situations of body posession on Star Trek for example, it was at least done in a way that didn't cross that line in terms of sex. You could tell writers were aware of how that would play to the audience so they made a point of not letting it go there. Heck, even the movie Ghost is still plagued by the odd scene where Demi and Whoopi's characters technically make out, even if we see Demi and Patrick in the film. Here, it was like....I don't know....they wilfully walked into a problematic scenario and no one said anything about how easily it could have been avoided. It was sloppy. Wonder Woman deserved better because it is a blemish on her character.

Again, I think it will sadly remain part of the film's legacy, as well as the Max memes and barely-there Cheetah. There's not enough here to allow for it to be a cult hit. I suspect it'll just be remembered as a misstep.

And to the poster who said Cheetah's development here worked because it set her up well for sequels....sadly no. No one knew at all why she became a Cheetah by the final act of this movie. It's not even clear if she gets to keep her powers by the end of the film.

I recall reading in this thread, I think, that test screenings left Cheetah dead after the electrocution. So...it wasn't a thoughtful plan to establish her for later use. Would have been nice if it was.
    Patty herself has heavily implied Cheetah's return. When asked about the ending and Cheetah, her exact quote was “I have my reasons for making it ambiguous, and I think it’s not clear what her point of view [is] on everything that just happened. I love that we wrap up Max Lord’s point of view, and that you see the culmination of that storyline, I think is so important. But the truth is there may or may not be more to come [for Barbara].”

And on twitter when another person asked if Barbara would return, she said "We'll just have to see..." and added a bunch of winky face emojis for effect.

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/statu...04173676081154

And Cheetah dying in an alternate test screening makes no sense since Patty made it clear she wanted no one to die in the movie. She even pointed it out in an interview that no one died in this film and seemed pretty proud of that fact, so I doubt it was ever her intent to have anyone die, even the villains.

I heard the alternate test ending that people disliked was Diana going on a date with handsome man at the end.

And I do think she keeps kept her powers since she was shown covering her ears when Diana began her lasso speech, and she was the only character to not be shown renouncing her wish. They had a montage of people renouncing their wishes and then cut to Barbara not renouncing her wish or even saying anything.

And I said, I think the intent for Cheetah in this film was meant to be an introduction to the character and setup for the sequels, but that doesn't mean they did it well.

Lol, Yeah it made no sense how Barbara became Cheetah through Max. They could have just made her slowly transform into Cheetah as a side effect of her wish, since she was loosing her humanity and had god-like powers, it's not farfetched at all that she would turn into a literal beast as a side effect. I think the writers wanted the character Cheetah, but weren't sure how to leave the audience questioning weather she had her powers or not at the end, so they kinda just had Max give her a rage boost and she *poofed* into Cheetah.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 02-18-2021 at 04:29 PM.

And as for the scene with Diana and Steve, yeah it's a blemish on her character. I don't think it will effect weather this film becomes some kind of cult classic though.

BvS is sort of a cult classic and that movie has Batman committing mass murder and strapping machine guns onto his Batmobile, and that movie makes even less sense than WW84 and is much slower. The Star Wars prequels were university hated for decades but are now cult classics because of the memes. Movies become cult classics for a variety of reasons, something it's because a small but vocal group of people love it, sometimes it's because the movie is so unimaginably bazar that people want to revisit it.

Only time will tell, though.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 02-18-2021 at 05:02 PM.

There is already an entire thread all about this subject. Everything you said has already been said by various people. Me, along with others, have already stated why it's ridiculous to discuss this as if it was problematic.

I would recomend you just go read the 17 pages of discussion on there instead of stating old arguments. The thread is closed though, because it went on for far too many days and by the end there was nothing more to be said.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...about-it/page1

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The leaks of the test screening stated that Cheetah wasn't killed and she was turned back into a normal human after Max have up his powers. Nothing of her dying has ever floated around, so Patty saving her for later seems to have always been on the table.

YES! I find Barbara Minerva far less interesting than Priscilla Rich, and I really want Priscilla to be revamped. Don't try to make her sympathetic, make her a really messed up woman that has no desire of getting better

By day she is an aristocrat in the world of dark fashion. She looks and behaves kind of like Marla from Fight Club. She is has something deeply wrong with her, like she always on a combination of anti depressants, heroine, and hangover, even though she doesn't do any of those drugs. She sells really high fashion clothes made out of the rarest skins in the world. These skins are of mythical creatures, like phoenix's, unicorns, etc.

b506339a9859fd6d093b0b06ac588817--fight-club--david-fincher.jpg
    44435ce56ef80d1fb1cb9cea4a08f2f7--singers-marla-singer-costume.jpg
    dc6009091eff24e9f6726e8ecd510254--helena-bonham-carter-fight-club.jpg
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-18-2021 at 06:31 PM.

The thing is that even though she hunts these creatures, she keeps some of the skins for herself and through rituals she embodies them with the souls and super powers of the most savage creatures. She wears various layers of beasts skins and each one of them give her this spark, this drive, and unleash the vicious personality of the Cheetah. Priscilla Rich is apathetic, tired and kind of has a disgusted with almost everything. Cheetah is vicious, bloodthirsty and relentless.

Last edited by Alpha; 02-18-2021 at 06:36 PM.

Last edited by Alpha; 02-18-2021 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    When you find a victim who was raped by an immortal amazon who goes around in invisible jets and rapes someone who's dead boyfriend took possession of his body, let us know. Its actually insulting to real victims to compare what they endured with the above mentioned.

The same minority who justified a pic of WW carrying severed heads as trophies as ok, while they claimed scandal at the absurd rape theory.
    And how do you know it's the same people? Or did you just make that up to invalidate any criticism of this plot point?

Also, I haven't heard of immortal Amazons carrying the decapitated heads of their victims but that sure didn't stop people from making a mountain out of that particular mole hill when it didn't even make it into the movie.

Aside from both villains wearing furs, I really can't see any similarities.

They are aristocrats with a thing for skins and mental health issues and a vicious side to them constantly hiding under the surface. In the last live action movie Cruella definitely had a double personality with one of them being the vicious one and the other being friendly and nice, but I'm not sure if there were other stories where that happened.