Page 164 of 170 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2541

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    This movie was really messy boring and didn't have any world ending threats it didn't feel like anybody's life was really in danger or nothing. And for her to be so powerful I can't believe they didn't have her do much. those little circus kicks she did the White House fight while grabbing the gun was more of a pose it was really silly. And let's not talk about feats because the strongest thing she did was flip a cargo truck in the air and she struggled with that. Did anybody notice she's still moving the same size militia vehicles from the first movie? Her strength has not increased like Patty said it would she was not at the height of her powers
    Wasn't her power declining at that point because of Barbara's wish? Maybe they kept her powered down because they didn't have enough powered up villains until the very bland fight with Cheetah at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Wasn't her power declining at that point because of Barbara's wish? Maybe they kept her powered down because they didn't have enough powered up villains until the very bland fight with Cheetah at the end.
    Actually, Diana's power was declining from her own wish of bringing Steve back. Barbara's wish had nothing to do with her declining powers, but her power gain was gradual just like Diana's power loss was gradual.

I think Patty did the power decline thing because she's a fan of the Donner Superman and Raimi Spider-man movies. Both of which have the heroes suffer from power loss in the sequel. Although Diana never completely looses her powers like Superman and Spider-man did in their respective movies.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-16-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Actually, Diana's power was declining from her own wish of bringing Steve back. Barbara's wish had nothing to do with her declining powers, but her power gain was gradual just like Diana's power loss was gradual...
    Exactly. I think they actually stated it in the movie: You gain something you wish for but at the cost of what you value the most.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Exactly. I think they actually stated it in the movie: You gain something you wish for but at the cost of what you value the most.
    Honestly, it's kinda weird that Diana values her powers the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It was that she valued being a hero.

Incredible Member

As much as I like the movie, her valuing her heroism and so losing her powers was not clear. At all. Like Psy-lock, it just seemed like for her to have her love back, she has to give up what makes her special. The only thing that is appreciably shown to change in her is her powers.

I think the movie's intention might be along your line of thinking but it could have been way clearer. Like that fight at the end haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    As much as I like the movie, her valuing her heroism and so losing her powers was not clear. At all. Like Psy-lock, it just seemed like for her to have her love back, she has to give up what makes her special. The only thing that is appreciably shown to change in her is her powers.

I think the movie's intention might be along your line of thinking but it could have been way clearer. Like that fight at the end haha.
    no argument there

I just came to that conclusion through Diana and Steves conversation when she was all beat up and he was like "the world needs Wonder Woman" or something along those lines. (I haven't seen that scene in a while.). And then she has to renounce her wish to get her powers back and save the day.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Another stupid point in the movie. When you wish for something, you lose something or what you value the most. So, she loses her powers very gradually during the movie instead of all at once. And it is not consistent how much her strength levels are decreasing during the two action set pieces like the caravan or the white house scene. Just enough strength as the plot demands, which to me, makes the story mind numbingly dumb. All of her powers should have been gone the moment Steve Trevor was back.

By the way, when everyone renounced their wishes, did the guy who got the coffee at the beginning renounce his wish? Or, what about the people that actually had unselfish wishes like saving loved ones from cancer, wishing world peace, etc... Did they even contemplate people that made wishes like that?

Having something so ambiguous like wishes with very ill defined rules was just a very poor plot point for me. So the wishes can make nukes or walls out of thin air, but when Wonder Woman wishes for Steve Trevor back, she gets a hijacked body? That makes a lot of sense!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Actually, Diana's power was declining from her own wish of bringing Steve back. Barbara's wish had nothing to do with her declining powers, but her power gain was gradual just like Diana's power loss was gradual.
    Yeesh, that's a big mistake on my part... thanks for correcting.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post

I get it, believe me. i think a lot of movies and comics can be vague in many ways. I just happened to hear that line mentioned and figured it out.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I just want to pop my head in and say once again how much I enjoyed this movie! I won't list all I loved, but there was so much, and so I wanted to throw a little positivity back into this thread. Can't wait til the 23rd!!!
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Yeesh, that's a big mistake on my part... thanks for correcting.
    It's not far fetched at all the assume that Barbara's wish was somehow sucking Diana's power since they both made their wish the same day and Barbara got weaker while Diana got stronger. I just made the connection because of that one "gain something, loose something" line and how Diana got her powers back the second she renounced her wish.

I'm pretty sure most viewers still think Barbara became Cheetah by somehow getting a second wish when she actually got supercharged with humanity's anger via Max and hulked out into a kitty. (I had no reason for writing this last sentence other than the fact I wanted to write "hulked out into a kitty.")

Finally watched this.

During the first half I thought this was the most bizarre, strange and most terrible movie I've seen in a while. Everything from the dialogue, to how people "acted" in the 80s, to Maxwell Lord was just beyond over-the-top, and not to mention the body possession crap.

But the second half, right at the scene with the invisible jet, I thought the movie improved somewhat, it was decent. Pedro was acting his ass off in that one scene where he was granting every wish. So in the end, it's just an average sequel.

And my understanding of why Barabara went evil, was because the dream stone made her evil, that's the only explanation, what else is there?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Finally watched this.

During the first half I thought this was the most bizarre, strange and most terrible movie I've seen in a while. Everything from the dialogue, to how people "acted" in the 80s, to Maxwell Lord was just beyond over-the-top, and not to mention the body possession crap.

But the second half, right at the scene with the invisible jet, I thought the movie improved somewhat, it was decent. Pedro was acting his ass off in that one scene where he was granting every wish. So in the end, it's just an average sequel.

And my understanding of why Barabara went evil, was because the dream stone made her evil, that's the only explanation, what else is there?
    It's pretty much that, yeah. She gained WW demi-god status in exchange for her humanity, so she became an apathetic, amoral woman-turned-cat-beast.