Page 168 of 170 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170 LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2540
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    I agree with a lot of this did you like cheetahs look
    Cheetah's look wasn't to bad. Given that she was on the chopper with Max when she made her wish to become 'the apex predator' (why did she get a second wish at all???), she couldn't have any costume like some of her comic incarnations. And given that this is a family movie for the US, she couldn't have big boobs

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Plus, that jet must have had a range of 6000 miles or more, more than any jet known to mankind.
    Agree - there were plot holes big enough that you could drive the jet through Like, how can Steve, whose last experience was in a Fokker of 1918 vintage, fly a modern jet?

I didn't really want to start nitpicking, otherwise the post would become too long. I _do_ have a certain 'suspension of disbelief' when it comes to superhero movies. (Looking back at Black Widow - in the prison break sequence, a guard starts shooting at the crappy Mi-8 helicopter with a DShK machine gun, cal. 12.7mm (.50 for you non-metric types). I know that Soviet helicopters were pretty resilient, but sustained fire from a .50? No way this crate keeps flying.)

I just wanted to point out the things that really went against my understanding of the character... When thinking it all over, I have to repeat myself: Even if WW and Cheetah are bitter enemies - when Diana has defeated Cheetah, she still cares for her, tries to be Barbara's friend, tries to remove her curse, etc. In the movie, it seems Diana just walks away. Not nice.
    Last edited by hgzip; 08-12-2021 at 05:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Gal had some fight scenes in Red Notice that Id like to see in WW3

Since the Rock is so adamant about Black Adam fighting Superman and other heroes, I wonder if he'll allow Gal's Wonder Woman to look anywhere near that good against him.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Since the Rock is so adamant about Black Adam fighting Superman and other heroes, I wonder if he'll allow Gal's Wonder Woman to look anywhere near that good against him.
    He said Wonder Woman would win against Black Adam.

https://twitter.com/Wonder_boy20/sta...88809211572230

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    He said Wonder Woman would win against Black Adam.

https://twitter.com/Wonder_boy20/sta...88809211572230
    If you've seen the movie spoilers:
    the character actually doesn't best Johnson in the fight. It is all staged. So Johnson didn't really "lose" it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    If you've seen the movie spoilers:
    the character actually doesn't best Johnson in the fight. It is all staged. So Johnson didn't really "lose" it.
    end of spoilers
    What's that got to do with whatever WW can beeat BA or not in a DCEU battle between them?

Incredible Member

What's that got to do with whatever WW can beeat BA or not in a DCEU battle between them?
    Mostly this

I was more so responding to whether the Rock would allow Wonder Woman to defeat Black Adam in some hypothetical matchup. Gal Gadot's character looked good in that fight scene against the Rock for a very specific storyline purpose. So there's no guarantee that the Rock would allow Wonder Woman to look that good against Black Adam or *gasp* defeat Black Adam in a fight. It was well reported around the time of the Rock's Fast and Furious spinoff movie that he has very specific language in his contract as to how well he must come off in his fight scenes and how many blows he'll accept in a fight scene and Red Notice in no way goes against that report because of what I said in the quotes.

At best, I could see a Wonder Woman vs. Black Adam DCEU fight ending in a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Mostly this

I was more so responding to whether the Rock would allow Wonder Woman to defeat Black Adam in some hypothetical matchup. Gal Gadot's character looked good in that fight scene against the Rock for a very specific storyline purpose. So there's no guarantee that the Rock would allow Wonder Woman to look that good against Black Adam or *gasp* defeat Black Adam in a fight. It was well reported around the time of the Rock's Fast and Furious spinoff movie that he has very specific language in his contract as to how well he must come off in his fight scenes and how many blows he'll accept in a fight scene and Red Notice in no way goes against that report because of what I said in the quotes.

At best, I could see a Wonder Woman vs. Black Adam DCEU fight ending in a draw.
    He gets to decide who wins? Not the writer and director? Anyway. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting great things for DCEU WW in the future. At this point i guess nerfed WW that needs weapons to get the job done is here to stay. Sadly.

Incredible Member

He gets to decide who wins? Not the writer and director? Anyway. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting great things for DCEU WW in the future. At this point i guess nerfed WW that needs weapons to get the job done is here to stay. Sadly.
    ‘Fast & Furious’ Stars’ Complicated Demand—I Never Want to Lose a Fight

That is the original Wall Street Journal article which is behind a paywall. However, this GQ article below sums up some of the important points in case you are not subscribed to WSJ.

Jason Statham And The Rock Have Contracts That Stipulate They Can't Lose In Fight Scenes

One particular quote of note: "Dwayne Johnson apparently had the script tweaked to have his character sit down on the floor – instead of lying – after taking a beating during one fight."

Another: It’s not hard to imagine that there’d be fewer action roles for Johnson out there, if he simply got beaten to within an inch of his life, everytime he was seen on screen. Action movies are the stuff of fantasy, a place for heroes, and for saving the world. No one wants to watch a loser."

The article discusses how they have people on set to count how many times they are punched and to make sure they have an equal/greater amount of punches than their adversary. It discusses how these action stars don't want to lose because they are concerned it would impact their future action roles. It also talks about how winning/losing fights impacts their real-life PR image, and how they demand script changes if they feel they are not coming out on top of a fight.

It also talks about how they have certain things written into their contract about making sure they are not deemed a "loser" of a fight.

So Johnson does have quite a considerable amount of say as to how a fight is represented and even who wins. That's why I added the spoilered text above as I don't think that sequence with Johnson/Gadot would actually play out in a DCEU fight. I think a draw is the best we could hope for, meaning it's the best the Rock would allow.

Oh wow she kicked butt in those clips. All I want to see added is some lasso razzle dazzle and Ill be a happy viewer for WW3.

so looking back on Wonder Woman 1984, what's the consensus now? It was pretty mixed when it first came out, but the Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes is very good.

I'm not worried about the box office because it came out during the pandemic before the vaccine.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so looking back on Wonder Woman 1984, what's the consensus now? It was pretty mixed when it first came out, but the Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes is very good.

I'm not worried about the box office because it came out during the pandemic before the vaccine.
    Most people that still talk about the movie seem to hate it. I still like a lot of things about it and see it as a big love letter to Diana as the lasso artist with a passionate heart. Of course there are things I would do differently, but that's always the case with Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

most ppl like myself think its horrible. It was that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Most people that still talk about the movie seem to hate it. I still like a lot of things about it and see it as a big love letter to Diana as the lasso artist with a passionate heart. Of course there are things I would do differently, but that's always the case with Wonder Woman
    I agree with this! I enjoy the movie and I enjoy seeing Diana whip that lasso around. There is a vociferous group who actively hate it and talk it down, though.
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

The teriible part was the sex scene. I know they didn't mean to suggest that raping is good. But still. They did a very bad thing with that one.

The rest of the movie is just mediocre. One of the reasons why so many people disliked it. It's that jenkins promised something different. She said we would see a WW at the highest of her power. That Cheetah would play a big role and that she was more powerful than WW and all. And what we got was nothing like that. We got poor cgi and underwhelming action scenes. So obviously a lot of people (like myself) went in expecting something and got something complely different than what was promised to us.