Page 20 of 170 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    So you basically want DC to do a couple of Superman and a Batman solo before introducing Wonder Woman in DC? Why? They could make Wonder Woman movie along with Superman and Batman movies. There is no reason for her wait for a cameo in Superman/ Batman movies before her own movie since her world is completely unrelated to Superman or Batman.
    There isn't really any particular reason beyond the fact that I loved the build up in the movie with her in mysteriously in the background before exploding onto the screen for the climax. The fact that we'd never seen her on the big screen before helped make it so exciting. In the unlikely scenario that her guest starring role would be completely under wraps until the film hit theaters, Wonder Woman's surprise appearance kicking Bizarro or whoever's ass would be amazing. And beyond her role as helping in the climax, her world would be left to be developed in her own movies as it should be.

I liked the tease. I just wish the movie surrounding it could have been better. But her solo began production even before BvS hit theaters, so it's not like WB was like "here's Wonder Woman, that's all you are getting."

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There isn't really any particular reason beyond the fact that I loved the build up in the movie with her in mysteriously in the background before exploding onto the screen for the climax. The fact that we'd never seen her on the big screen before helped make it so exciting. In the unlikely scenario that her guest starring role would be completely under wraps until the film hit theaters, Wonder Woman's surprise appearance kicking Bizarro or whoever's ass would be amazing. And beyond her role as helping in the climax, her world would be left to be developed in her own movies as it should be.

I liked the tease. I just wish the movie surrounding it could have been better. But her solo began production even before BvS hit theaters, so it's not like WB was like "here's Wonder Woman, that's all you are getting."
    Her movie is all about her slowly learning about her powers and interacting with the outside world. Having her in a movie where she had mastered her powers completely spoils the ending of her origin movie which will be released later. There should be easter eggs about her world in Superman or Batman movie instead of a direct cameo.

Her movie is all about her slowly learning about her powers and interacting with the outside world. Having her in a movie where she had mastered her powers completely spoils the ending of her origin movie which will be released later. There should be easter eggs about her world in Superman or Batman movie instead of a direct cameo.
    Letting us know that Wonder Woman is more experienced in the present day than she was in an origin story is not a spoiler in any way, shape or form. Everyone knows how superhero origins go, it's just common sense. Hasn't done any harm in the actual scenario we got. She ended up being the most popular thing in BvS (unfortunately not for the best of reasons considering the surrounding movie) and people didn't care that they knew her present day self when they went to see her solo. Her solo even had the present day framing device.

As for easter eggs vs. cameos, why not both?

Letting us know that Wonder Woman is more experienced in the present day than she was in an origin story is not a spoiler in any way, shape or form. Everyone knows how superhero origins go, it's just common sense. Hasn't done any harm in the actual scenario we got. She ended up being the most popular thing in BvS (unfortunately not for the best of reasons considering the surrounding movie) and people didn't care that they knew her present-day self when they went to see her solo. Her solo even had the present-day framing device.

As for easter eggs vs. cameos, why not both?
    There is the difference between seeing her learning about her powers for 2 hours and finally mastering it and defeating the villain and suddenly popping out of nowhere and using her full powers.
    Her solo did not show her using her powers in present day until the end of the movie.

There is the difference between seeing her learning about her powers for 2 hours and finally mastering it and defeating the villain and suddenly popping out of nowhere and using her full powers.
    Her solo did not show her using her powers in present day until the end of the movie.
    Seeing Wonder Woman debut in the present day as a fully formed badass is not spoiling anything substantial for when her backstory is told. That's why it's a backstory. Even if it were set in the present nobody would be at the edge of their seats wondering if Diana would die against the movie villain having never learned to master her powers.

Diana debuting in the present day creates intrigue for learning more about her, and it doesn't spoil exactly what happened to Steve, the Amazons etc. And as I'd again like to point out, this actually wasn't remotely a problem with her in the DCEU. it's the only thing in the DCEU that has worked.

Seeing Wonder Woman debut in the present day as a fully formed badass is not spoiling anything substantial for when her backstory is told. That's why it's a backstory. Even if it were set in the present nobody would be at the edge of their seats wondering if Diana would die against the movie villain having never learned to master her powers.

Diana debuting in the present day creates intrigue for learning more about her, and it doesn't spoil exactly what happened to Steve, the Amazons etc. And as I'd again like to point out, this actually wasn't remotely a problem with her in the DCEU. it's the only thing in the DCEU that has worked.
    Superman literally died in BvS. So Diana dying in her own movie is not far-fetched. She has died multiple time in comics and came back. Steve Trevor is also back in WW84
    It is a problem because WW84 is already breaking canon that she gave up on Humanity 100 years and only came back because of Batman's email.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 08-22-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Hans Zimmer to Score Patty Jenkins’ ‘Wonder Woman 1984’: http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/08...er-woman-1984/

I posted this over in the general DC movie thread:

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I'm not sure I like this decision. While Zimmer is without a doubt an excellent composer, I'm still thinking that if they replaced Rupert Gregson-Williams, they should have looked for a woman. Instead of taking a step forward or staying in place, this feels like a step backwards.

And I'd say that Zimmer's theme from BvS only managed to capture half of Wonder Woman's character (though that was the part that he needed to capture at the time). Gregson-Williams took that work and created a theme for the other, and arguably more important, half when he composed "No Man's Land" and created a theme for a compassionate warrior.

I'm not sure I like this decision. While Zimmer is without a doubt an excellent composer, I'm still thinking that if they replaced Rupert Gregson-Williams, they should have looked for a woman. Instead of taking a step forward or staying in place, this feels like a step backwards.

And I'd say that Zimmer's theme from BvS only managed to capture half of Wonder Woman's character (though that was the part that he needed to capture at the time). Gregson-Williams took that work and created a theme for the other, and arguably more important, half when he composed "No Man's Land" and created a theme for a compassionate warrior. p
    I think that what Zach Synder asked Hans Zimmer to do. Zimmer has never disappointed with his soundtrack and he can create a more gentle theme like Interstellar, Pirates of Carribean.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 08-23-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I posted this over in the general DC movie thread:
    Because women are not being used satisfactorily in your view, the movie is going backwards? Seriously?

What about the key grips, the production assistants and all the others that make up the movie? Do we know if they are all women, or would that also be a step backwards?

I'm glad Patty is a women because imagine the backlash over that!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Because women are not being used satisfactorily in your view, the movie is going backwards? Seriously?
    Rather that it was a step backwards in this specific case of female representation, in comparison to the first movie.

I fully expect Hans Zimmer to do an excellent work with the soundtrack. But just as Patty Jenkins's direction benefited the portrayal of women and their experience in the first movie immensely, I'd have hoped that if they choose a new composer for Wonder Woman 84, they'd give a woman the chance to score a big budget blockbuster and put a creative mark on it.

Rather that it was a step backwards in this specific case of female representation, in comparison to the first movie.

I fully expect Hans Zimmer to do an excellent work with the soundtrack. But just as Patty Jenkins's direction benefited the portrayal of women and their experience in the first movie immensely, I'd have hoped that if they choose a new composer for Wonder Woman 84, they'd give a woman the chance to score a big budget blockbuster and put a creative mark on it.
    The only female composer I know is Yoko Kanno. I don't any other famous female composer currently working in hollywood.

The only female composer I know is Yoko Kanno. I don't any other famous female composer currently working in hollywood.
    Wikipedia has a handy list. And if people don't know about any, isn't about time to change that?

I think that what Zach Synder asked Hans Zimmer to do. Zimmer has never disappointed with his soundtrack and he can create a more gentle theme like Interstellar, Pirates of Carribean.
    I don't think I understand. What do you mean by a more gentle theme? 'Is She With You?' (Wonder Woman's amazing bombastic theme) is Hans Zimmer & Junkie XL. Did you not like the soundtrack in her solo? (I loved it, mostly because it all all riffed and referenced 'Is She With You?' )
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I don't think I understand. What do you mean by a more gentle theme? 'Is She With You?' (Wonder Woman's amazing bombastic theme) is Hans Zimmer & Junkie XL. Did you not like the soundtrack in her solo? (I loved it, mostly because it all all riffed and referenced 'Is She With You?' )
    Oh wait I see the previous post you're responding to now.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.