Page 21 of 170 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Wikipedia has a handy list. And if people don't know about any, isn't about time to change that?
    Many of them are dead or too old. Patty could have hired Yoko Kanno. She is a Goddess of score!

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Many of them are dead or too old. Patty could have hired Yoko Kanno. She is a Goddess of score!
    Next to John Williams, nobody can score like Hans Zimmer & Junkie XL. Actually, I'd put them right next to John Williams. So color me THRILLED.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Trafalgar Square is my favorite piece from Wonder Woman soundtrack, second is the Wrath of Wonder Woman... or No Man's Land... or Action Reaction. Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Next to John Williams, nobody can score like Hans Zimmer & Junkie XL. Actually, I'd put them right next to John Williams. So color me THRILLED.
    Have you listened to Yoko Kanno scores and songs?
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 08-23-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Have you listened to Yoko Kanno scores and songs?
    Honestly, no. My reference is pretty limited to the big themes... like Superman, Star Wars, BvS, Wonder Woman, the REAL Justice League (not Elfman) music...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Superman literally died in BvS. So Diana dying in her own movie is not far-fetched. She has died multiple time in comics and came back. Steve Trevor is also back in WW84
    It is a problem because WW84 is already breaking canon that she gave up on Humanity 100 years and only came back because of Batman's email.
    Superman died in BvS because they wanted to rush to a DoS adaptation. WW has no such story to adapt, none of her deaths are as noteworthy as that, they would not be on the short list for an adaptation. Introducing her in the present day and immediately following with a solo to tell her story does not spoil anything of worth. The GA isn't stupid, they understand the concepts of flashbacks, origin stories, and non-linear story telling. As they evidently did in actual real life, because she was near unanimously hailed as the highlight of BvS and then they turned up for her solo without anybody complaining about spoilers. Because stuff like fighting Ares, her time with the Amazons, and Steve and Antiope dying were not mentioned in BvS.

We don't know why or how Steve is back, or if it's really him. He could be a Dr. Psycho or whoever induced hallucination.

Breaking canon in this instance is hardly a bad thing. We comic nerds put way too much importance on canon, but the GA doesn't care. If they gloss over it, nobody will care if the movie is good. And besides, in what is basically my pointless little fanfic scenario, Diana wouldn't utter such a thing to begin with. Nor would Superman die. She'd show up at the 11th hour to help save the day, and proceed to get her own trilogy (with the first being a flashback origin-her first film is going to be an origin no matter what, so who cares?) and co-lead status in a JL trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Hans Zimmer to Score Patty Jenkins’ ‘Wonder Woman 1984’: http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/08...er-woman-1984/
    Great news. I have "Is She With You?" on near constant repeat. I can't wait to hear what he has in store for Cheetah.

I don’t think they are planning Diana’s death. They planned multiple films with Diana. I can’t see them doing it now. The first big screen movie Wonder Woman did great. Why kill her off now? It’s only been her second movie.

https://indianexpress.com/article/en...-1984-5327306/

Interesting, and I wonder which role Soundarya Sharma would pick up. I'm not sure they'll go with a third villain (besides Cheetah and whatever role Pedro Pascal plays), and Sharma has some of the same looks as Gal Gadot. I don't think she has the on-screen presence for Circe, given her limited cinematography and age. Artemis of the Bana-Mighdall? Or is it an attempt to bring Donna to the movie?

But it's cool than an Indian actress gets the chance in a production like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don’t think they are planning Diana’s death. They planned multiple films with Diana. I can’t see them doing it now. The first big screen movie Wonder Woman did great. Why kill her off now? It’s only been her second movie.

https://indianexpress.com/article/en...-1984-5327306/
    Probably a better way to explain her absence for 100 years than she gave up on humanity

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Interesting, and I wonder which role Soundarya Sharma would pick up. I'm not sure they'll go with a third villain (besides Cheetah and whatever role Pedro Pascal plays), and Sharma has some of the same looks as Gal Gadot. I don't think she has the on-screen presence for Circe, given her limited cinematography and age. Artemis of the Bana-Mighdall? Or is it an attempt to bring Donna to the movie?

But it's cool than an Indian actress gets the chance in a production like this.
    I don't think it could be Donna unless it's a bookend. Donna would be a baby for Diana to save in a fire in 1984. It must be someone we're not thinking of... or Vanessa, eventual Silver Swan?

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I don't think it could be Donna unless it's a bookend. Donna would be a baby for Diana to save in a fire in 1984. It must be someone we're not thinking of... or Vanessa, eventual Silver Swan?
    Diana in a flashback?

My guess is that she's Akila or another Amazon of Bana-Mighdall. I doubt her role is huge, but with the Egyptian setting I could see it. And the Themysciran amazons were ethnically diverse in the first film, so why wouldn't the Bana-Mighdall amazons be?

I certainly don't think she's Donna Troy. And I doubt she'd get that excited over playing someone like Vanessa Kapatelis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    My guess is that she's Akila or another Amazon of Bana-Mighdall. I doubt her role is huge, but with the Egyptian setting I could see it. And the Themysciran amazons were ethnically diverse in the first film, so why wouldn't the Bana-Mighdall amazons be?

I certainly don't think she's Donna Troy. And I doubt she'd get that excited over playing someone like Vanessa Kapatelis.
    She has done two low budget Indian movies, and she got a role in big budget Hollywood movie. Of course, she will be excited for a role no matter how short it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Diana in a flashback?
    She doesn't look like Gal though... and if a Flashback was to 21 yo Gal could still do it, right? She's pretty ageless, and could pull off Diana from about 18 yo on... or 16 I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I'd be on board for a Bana. She could also be playing a Goddess.

Regarding Vanessa, that would be a great roile... she becomes the Silver Swan (I don't think Vanessa is the role though... friend turned villain is Cheetah's gig here.)