Page 23 of 170 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Do we know how many Amazons actually exist on Themyscira? Was there ever a projected number for the movie-verse population?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Do we know how many Amazons actually exist on Themyscira? Was there ever a projected number for the movie-verse population?
    Nothing was explained.
    We don't even know if Wonder Woman was made from clay by Zeus to stop Ares or is just biological daughter of Zeus with Hippolyta.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I feel like the number of Amazons on the island isn't something that needs to be disclosed. It's not something any of the comics have ever bothered to do concretely, have they? I think the population is as big as the plot requires.

Even when DC does their obnoxious "let's kill a bunch of Amazons to show how serious things are" it never seems to impact their population significantly in following stories.

Hey guys, in this person's instagam account, there's a story in which you can see a character in mid air who appears to be flying while preparing an attack towards the ground.
    We can't really make out if it is Wonder Woman or some other character, but it might be an indication of if she flies or not if it is her!

I wish I could extract the said video, but you'll have to see it for yourself, if it is not too late yet.

https://www.instagram.com/vanzekin018/?hl=fr

I wonder . After 1984 what arc should they actually follow? I don’t mind them taking from maybe Perez’s arc. But what should be the next arc. Maybe Circe? Or another cheetah arc. If Diana is going to fly how does this impact JL movie ? Can’t win for her to fly if that is her

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

‘Wonder Woman 1984’ To Wrap Filming This December: https://heroichollywood.com/wonder-w...wrap-december/

The article reveals that the movie will feature a major action set piece in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ To Wrap Filming This December: https://heroichollywood.com/wonder-w...wrap-december/

The article reveals that the movie will feature a major action set piece in the White House.
    I hope it can equal the scene with Nightcrawler in X-2, because that was so damn good, I haven't seen anything as good as that since. (Atleast as far as action in the White House is concerned.)
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I hope it can equal the scene with Nightcrawler in X-2, because that was so damn good, I haven't seen anything as good as that since. (Atleast as far as action in the White House is concerned.)
    Also, a scene where President thanks Diana for saving the World and she becoming official ambassador of Amazons to Man's World
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 09-05-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

OMG if that's Diana versus Cheetah I'll die

I hope Cheetah will play a major part in Wonder Woman’s movie verse

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    OMG if that's Diana versus Cheetah I'll die
    Dude, same.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I think odds are good that she will. There seems to be a lot of stuff going on in this film including her gradual transformation, it wouldn't make sense to relegate her to only one movie. If this film is a success and the DCEU as a whole rebounds (though hope is dim for that), she's very likely to be on the Legion of Doom's roster.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Fingers crossed! Cheetah has the potential to be a recurring villain, if handled correctly. It would be great to see Cheetah rise in the estimation of the general public as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Dude, same.

I think odds are good that she will. There seems to be a lot of stuff going on in this film including her gradual transformation, it wouldn't make sense to relegate her to only one movie. If this film is a success and the DCEU as a whole rebound (though hope is dim for that), she's very likely to be on the Legion of Doom's roster.
    After what DC did with Diana in Justice League, I am not really looking to Legion of Doom. Cheetah could instead be in future Wonder Woman movies or spin-off movies starring Wonder girl or Amazons.
    I hope Cheetah is really really powerful like all the other villains and I hope they don't nerf like they did with Ares.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    After what DC did with Diana in Justice League, I am not really looking to Legion of Doom. Cheetah could instead be in future Wonder Woman movies or spin-off movies starring Wonder girl or Amazons.
    I hope Cheetah is really really powerful like all the other villains and I hope they don't nerf like they did with Ares.
    DC needs to make a statement saying that Justice League is an elseworlds tale and to not be associated with any future DC films.

Otherwise, wow, was that movie a hot pile of garbage!

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Well seeing as how the people who directed JL are not with the company anymore and re-castings for Lex and the Joker are very likely, Cheetah appearing in a possible future JL film isn't automatically a doom and gloom scenario if we can get a better grasp of how the new DCEU is shaping up with WW84, Aquaman and Shazam. Being part of a team up with the other arches would be a major push for her, though obviously she should have a major presence in WW and WW-related films as well.

Now that you mention a possible Amazon film, I think Circe would be an ideal villain for that one in addition to showing up in a main WW film.