Page 28 of 170 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

The current DCEU is a mess that doesn't make a lot of sense where Diana is concerned.

One of the greatest heroes in the world sat idly by for over 100 years? The WW movie(s) ignore this completely (thank goodness), but one of the biggest stumbles I think Snyder made besides the dark tone was the idea that all heroes have been operating on the downlow or not at all except for Superman and Batman. Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, possibly even Green Lantern (there was one in JL) all got the short shrift in favor of Bats and Supes.

Nobody wants to see their favorite hero hide, or be dependent upon another hero, even Superman, for their existence.

This isn't the history of DC, where initially the titles didn't cross over. Everyone was a hero in their own right and then they all got to meet in B&B 28 which was awesome. Making it a 'Batman has to find these cowards and make them fight' just didn't work for me at all, let alone the idea that thousands of years ago, Steppenwolf was defeated *without* the help of any Kryptonian, but that he waits until Superman (who had been around less than 2 years) dies before attacking.

This gives them the opportunity to fix that. I'm not sure I'm crazy about how they're doing it, but it would make Diana the first superhero, and not one who had to hide for a century until a man convinced her to come forward.

I want each of these heroes to have their own independent story of how they became heroes, Diana first and foremost, and if 1984 can do that, it would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I haven't watched the YouTube videos, but it seems odd to use Wonder Woman to "reboot" the DCEU, potentially wiping Batman and Superman, at least as played by Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, from existence.

Especially when they have a character like the Flash who is known for his time travelling shenanigans and mishaps and they're purportedly still planning on releasing a Flash movie.

It would seem easiest and more logical to let the Flash do the heavy lifting in creating a "soft" reboot of the DCEU. The film could open with an "older" Flash travelling back in time to a pre-Justice League Flash to let him know that *something* went wrong and that he needs to "fix" the future leading to changes in the timeline, both past and future.

All that typed, I've pretty much given up guessing WB / DC's plan for their films or trying to second guess their logic!
    Watch the second one, and it makes sense. It's short, and it's exciting. The emotional beats move from Barry and his mother to Diana and Steve. That's all that is really needed to make it work. And Diana's connections to the gods make this pretty easily explainable.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Well Patty Jenkins did retcon that aspect of Diana’s character of not doing anything. So the question becomes how will Diana change Dc? With how things are now we might not get Superman afor a bit.

It would not surprise me if Patty Jenkins tossed her cookies
    after learning of this folly

The DC films do need a certain reboot. I mean one Patty and now the sequel seem to point that Diana wasn't really quiet for that long of a time.

Hold on unless diana is time traveling back in time wouldn't the events of WW84 already have occurred in BvS and JL.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    No, it sounds like one dude said it isn’t true.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Hold on unless diana is time traveling back in time wouldn't the events of WW84 already have occurred in BvS and JL.

No, because “comics, sci fi, and time travel.” Haa

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    No, it sounds like one dude said it isn’t true.
    In fairness, we also pretty much only have one woman saying it's true, didn't we?

Grace also said the first film would be bad, and then it turned out fine. She also got the BOP film lineup wrong.

The fact is the movie has been pushed back seven months
    and A bunch of civilians are hankering to give there opinions on why

Because of one dude. And a lot of mysoginistic attacks on Grace Randolph.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    In fairness, we also pretty much only have one woman saying it's true, didn't we?

Grace also said the first film would be bad, and then it turned out fine. She also got the BOP film lineup wrong.
    Not exactly... re: Wonder Woman if I remember, she heard things early that it could be going awry, and reported about it at the time. She aso had concerns about some of the trailers (I disagreed with a lot of her Wonder Woman coverage, but who knows what changes could have been made, or if her sources perception was off?) I don't think she bats 1000 by any means, but her sources have been pretty reliable, and she's usually right, especially about WB. Re: BoP, as far as I know, she never outright called the line up. She did a lot of fan casting, and i think she relayed some rumors.