Page 30 of 170 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

W��W. ‘Flashpoint’ Wonder Woman 1984?

“I think I’m out of the DC Universe now," Adams said. “I think they’re revamping that. I don’t know the details.” - Amy Adams

https://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/12...ceu-lois-lane/
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    W��W. ‘Flashpoint’ Wonder Woman 1984?

“I think I’m out of the DC Universe now," Adams said. “I think they’re revamping that. I don’t know the details.” - Amy Adams

https://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/12...ceu-lois-lane/
    Evidence definitely points that way. If they are going to continue the universe (and all the preliminary buzz for Aquaman suggest that that's very much the case) and cast a different Lois, then some explanation for the change will be necessary.

If this really does happen, it'll be kind of amazing to see WB put such trust in Diana as to make her the catalyst for a universe revamp.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

God, I really hope not. Like how I don't think Diana should be forbidden from flying because it won't fit with Justice League, I don't want to see WW84 get bent into a pretzel in order to justify something that might happen in future Superman movie.

Just drop the shared continuity already--it was a bust. Let these movies be their own thing. I don't care how they fit together, and I will not lose sleep if we never see another crossover movie again.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 12-08-2018 at 10:56 AM.

My guess is that they are doing a soft reboot, by simply making sure the new movies are in continuity (or are compatible) with each other, without making any references to Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, or Justice League.

Wonder Woman will still be there, because WW84 will naturally refer back to it in some way. And I still have a hope that Chief turns up in it.

I think there’s going to be a deal to keep Steve alive, and it will fit into the story no problem. Then we will get a little tag at the end, giving us a clue of some sort that ‘everything has changed.’
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I think there’s going to be a deal to keep Steve alive, and it will fit into the story no problem. Then we will get a little tag at the end, giving us a clue of some sort that ‘everything has changed.’
    Yep. If they're smart, that's all they need to do.

1. Diana brings back Steve.

2. It's made clear this decision will have lasting consequences.

3. That's it. Show the changes in future movies.

If the MCU has taught us anything, it's that today's audience is perfectly willing to sit through a long-form story that can take years to fully manifest, provided the story is intriguing. The Thanos story has been going on for nearly a decade and is only now coming to a head. The new DCEU can go the same way. Just drop little hints here and there and the audience will keep coming back because they want to see what happens next.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

From what I read of the description of the brief short, still no flying.

Pretty much think despite all the people's protestations, she is still nerfed and will not fly, probably ever in this DCEU. There are still questions about her flight in the most recent comics.

What makes people think she isn't disrespected on a regular basis, whether it is in comic form or the movie form? I mean we see that Captain Marvel has no problem flying in the 2nd trailer that came out.

I also believe we will get Shazam to fly, if not in the beginning, but by the end of the movie.

I would love after this movie to see a villain group take on Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I would love after this movie to see a villain group take on Wonder Woman.
    Villain groups can be tricky to get right in movies though. The Batman movie from the 60s managed to pull it off thanks to alot of background knowledge from the tv show, though Spiderman 3 showed the difficulties of that.

Perhaps if one was to use a group of characters who shared an origin or commonality like the children of Ares it could work...

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Villain groups can be tricky to get right in movies though. The Batman movie from the 60s managed to pull it off thanks to alot of background knowledge from the tv show, though Spiderman 3 showed the difficulties of that.

Perhaps if one was to use a group of characters who shared an origin or commonality like the children of Ares it could work...
    True, I am already afraid Cheetah is going to be sidelined by Maxwell Lord in WW84

I guess the only way is to introduce to them one by one

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    True, I am already afraid Cheetah is going to be sidelined by Maxwell Lord in WW84
    Doubt it would happen, but it kinda makes me wish for a Villainy Inc movie as something like that would be the easiest way of building up to it.

If a Villainy inc movie is to happen who would you want to be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If a Villainy inc movie is to happen who would you want to be in it.
    Geez, what a question...
    Kinda difficult to answer out of the blue. The time period the movie would be set in would be a huge factor honestly.

Queen Clea is honestly tempting, especially with the set up Aquaman in movies has given us. She wouldn't require as much world building as there might otherwise appear thanks to Aquaman setting things up.

Beyond that...Id really love to see Giganta. She is the go to mook of Wonder Womans mythos. That said, im worried her origin might be to convoluted.....
    Other members are a little trickier as it depends on what one would go for in a team, the time period, and all of that.

Assuming were living in some ideal where it would all make sense regardless of logic...
    Either Tim Seeleys Saturna or the original Eviless
    Blue Snowman or Cyborgirl
    Zara
    Hypnota
    Mayfly
    Cateye