Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 778
  1. #466
    Incredible Member Joao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Wow, that suddenly took a great turn for me. Cheetah has her revenge related reasons and Pedro is playing kind of an Urzkartaga role. So we have the deceptive man who is playing god and a villain with understandable reasons. I'm really interested now!

    What do you guys think?

  2. #467
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Wow, that suddenly took a great turn for me. Cheetah has her revenge related reasons and Pedro is playing kind of an Urzkartaga role. So we have the deceptive man who is playing god and a villain with understandable reasons. I'm really interested now!

    What do you guys think?
    If this is true, it sounds like Barbara Ann will become the Cheetah much earlier in the film than I thought. Are she and Diana even going to be friends in this version?

    It does indicate that she's pretty powerful if Lord needs to raise the damn dead as a bargaining chip in order to get himself out of this.

  3. #468
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Hmmmmm. I'm not loving the rumoured plot outline. I would much prefer Diana and Barbara to be friends before Barbara becomes the Cheetah. That gives Diana a direct, personal connection with Barbara and makes their conflict all the more interesting. Wonder Woman fighting Cheetah simply to stop Cheetah from killing Maxwell Lord doesn't really interest me.

    I'm also surprised at Diana's naivety if she accepts an offer to act as Maxwell Lord's personal bodyguard in exchange for Lord resurrecting Steve Trevor from the dead. Such a "deal" has major red flags all over it. At this stage, Diana has been in man's world for 70 years - surely she would know to second-guess such an offer? Not to mention the practicalities of such a bargain - is she going to spend the rest of Lord's life protecting him? When Lord dies of old age, will Steve Trevor also die? And I don't love Diana being motivated by her love for Trevor. After 70 years, has Diana really not experienced love with anyone else in man's world? I get it - Trevor was certainly an above-average man - but, there are a lot of people in the world.

    I'm a little concerned that DC has taken what should be a simple story (i.e. Diana and Barbara are friends and fellow artefact hunters, something happens and Barbara becomes Cheetah and the Cheetah blames Diana for her transformation), made it more complicated and most egregiously removed the personal, emotional connection between Diana and Barbara.

    But, it's just a rumour. And I obviously have no idea how it will all turn out on the big-screen. And I trust that Patty Jenkins wants to do right by the character of Wonder Woman.

  4. #469
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,160

    Default

    The on set glimpses we've gotten of Wiig's Barbara so far really do not give off the vibe of someone already in league with someone like Lord. She has struck many people as being similar to Michelle Pfeiffer's pre-Catwoman Selina Kyle, and I imagine she'd go through a similar arc. We've gotten glimpses of her fending off an attacker/purse snatcher, and practicing her powers without being transformed yet (that stunt with her leaping up the side of a building).

    Is all of this going to be squeezed in before Steve even shows up? Steve's "fish out of water" story strikes me as something that's going to be popping up fairly early in the film's run time. I honestly think Diana and Barbara are friends and Barbara's stuff is happening in the backgroud while Diana deals with Steve, before the Cheetah stuff explodes somewhere in the third act.

  5. #470
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Hmmmmm. I'm not loving the rumoured plot outline. I would much prefer Diana and Barbara to be friends before Barbara becomes the Cheetah. That gives Diana a direct, personal connection with Barbara and makes their conflict all the more interesting. Wonder Woman fighting Cheetah simply to stop Cheetah from killing Maxwell Lord doesn't really interest me.

    I'm also surprised at Diana's naivety if she accepts an offer to act as Maxwell Lord's personal bodyguard in exchange for Lord resurrecting Steve Trevor from the dead. Such a "deal" has major red flags all over it. At this stage, Diana has been in man's world for 70 years - surely she would know to second-guess such an offer? Not to mention the practicalities of such a bargain - is she going to spend the rest of Lord's life protecting him? When Lord dies of old age, will Steve Trevor also die? And I don't love Diana being motivated by her love for Trevor. After 70 years, has Diana really not experienced love with anyone else in man's world? I get it - Trevor was certainly an above-average man - but, there are a lot of people in the world.

    I'm a little concerned that DC has taken what should be a simple story (i.e. Diana and Barbara are friends and fellow artefact hunters, something happens and Barbara becomes Cheetah and the Cheetah blames Diana for her transformation), made it more complicated and most egregiously removed the personal, emotional connection between Diana and Barbara.

    But, it's just a rumour. And I obviously have no idea how it will all turn out on the big-screen. And I trust that Patty Jenkins wants to do right by the character of Wonder Woman.
    There can still be a connection between Diana and Barbara. We also don't know anthing about how lord would convince Diana to help him, or the way he will bring Steve back. There are many ways they can make it work.

  6. #471
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,390

    Default

    Go to the 4 min. mark of the video:

    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-22-2019 at 05:53 AM.

  7. #472
    Fantastic Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    I find it weird nothing is being said about Cheetah and what her relationship is going to be with Diana. Everything is about Steve Trevor

    Will Diana fly?
    How fast and powerful is Cheetah and Diana in the movie? Instead, they seem to advertising as a love story.

  8. #473
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    I find it weird nothing is being said about Cheetah and what her relationship is going to be with Diana. Everything is about Steve Trevor

    Will Diana fly?
    How fast and powerful is Cheetah and Diana in the movie? Instead, they seem to advertising as a love story.
    I have never once seen a director for a superhero movie give a power profile of the protagonist and/or the antagonist. That's not what sells tickets.

    An epic love story the audience really liked in the last movie? Now THAT sells.

    We'll get info on Cheetah once the trailers start coming out.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  9. #474
    Fantastic Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I have never once seen a director for a superhero movie give a power profile of the protagonist and/or the antagonist. That's not what sells tickets.

    An epic love story the audience really liked in the last movie? Now THAT sells.

    We'll get info on Cheetah once the trailers start coming out.
    They already did that in the first movie. They need to do something new. I am very afraid of the villains because what happened with Ares and Dr Poison in the first movie.

  10. #475
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I have never once seen a director for a superhero movie give a power profile of the protagonist and/or the antagonist. That's not what sells tickets.

    An epic love story the audience really liked in the last movie? Now THAT sells.

    We'll get info on Cheetah once the trailers start coming out.
    Well I dont disagree with you that Cheetah will be a bigger part of marketing in the future, it's not necessarily true that antagonists don't sell tickets. The Dark Knight movies all hyped up Joker and Bane. Infinity War marketing was all about Thanos. But those situations are different from 1984 so I don't think there's anything worth worrying about
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  11. #476
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    I find it weird nothing is being said about Cheetah and what her relationship is going to be with Diana. Everything is about Steve Trevor
    We are currently in the long desert walk of post-production, and the film isn't even out for another year and a half. It's far too early to expect talk about Cheetah or Maxwell Lord (or whatever character Pedro Pascal plays).

    ETA: Also, this was primarily because Jenkins and Pine had just worked together on another project (the true crime drama they started talking about). Otherwise Jenkins wouldn't have been in that sofa.
    Last edited by kjn; 01-22-2019 at 01:18 PM.

  12. #477
    Fantastic Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Well I don't disagree with you that Cheetah will be a bigger part of marketing in the future, it's not necessarily true that antagonists don't sell tickets. The Dark Knight movies all hyped up Joker and Bane. Infinity War marketing was all about Thanos. But those situations are different from 1984 so I don't think there's anything worth worrying about
    Absolutely true about Antagonist being Star attraction. Don't forget Cable in Deadpool 2. But What makes 1984 and Cheetah different?

  13. #478
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Why? What makes 1984 and Cheetah different?
    Well before I answer, it's worth saying that a teaser hasn't even been released so they could still focus on Cheetah heavily. There hasn't been any marketing for this movie yet. Also, Joker is just a naturally more charismatic villain than Cheetah (and 99% of all super-villains) and they wanted to show off Heath Ledger's acting. Bane was because the trailers were all basically teasing Batman getting absolutely destroyed so there was a focus on Bane to make audiences wonder how the hell he could beat him. It was specifically tied to the story of TDKR and Bruce getting his back broken. Infinity War was basically a Thanos movie (he was literally the main character and had the most screentime) since all Avengers had been introduced in previous movies so the entire point was to focus on Thanos as a threat for the Avengers
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  14. #479
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    I find it weird nothing is being said about Cheetah and what her relationship is going to be with Diana. Everything is about Steve Trevor

    Will Diana fly?
    How fast and powerful is Cheetah and Diana in the movie? Instead, they seem to advertising as a love story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I have never once seen a director for a superhero movie give a power profile of the protagonist and/or the antagonist. That's not what sells tickets.

    An epic love story the audience really liked in the last movie? Now THAT sells.

    We'll get info on Cheetah once the trailers start coming out.
    I agree that the lack of Cheetah information is getting really annoying, but at the same time it's also a no brainer to market the hell out of Steve and his return because the romance was one of the most popular parts of the first film. It's a proven commodity.

    Cheetah is also not anywhere near as much of a household name as the Batman villains, so they cannot market her based on name recognition. The film needs to deliver with her before they can market her based on name alone going forward. I don't think Aquaman's build up put a lot of focus on Ocean Master or Black Manta, and Shazam doesn't seem to be doing much with Sivana. Whereas the Joker was already hugely popular when TDK came out due to (among other things) Nicholson and B89. A new actor playing him and great buzz about his performance made it an event.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    They already did that in the first movie. They need to do something new. I am very afraid of the villains because what happened with Ares and Dr Poison in the first movie.
    I don't think it's ccurate to look at Ares and Dr. Poison as an indicator of how Cheetah will turn out. She serves a different narrative function in a different type of story. We are past the origin story where the hero needs to be the main focus. Ares and Poison fulfilled the exact function they were required to. And honestly, while we don't have a wealth of great Cheetah stories, I think her source material gives the filmmaker's a LOT more ta work with than those two. Especially Poison, who is a very minor character in the comics.

  15. #480
    Fantastic Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I agree that the lack of Cheetah information is getting really annoying, but at the same time it's also a no brainer to market the hell out of Steve and his return because the romance was one of the most popular parts of the first film. It's a proven commodity.

    Cheetah is also not anywhere near as much of a household name as the Batman villains, so they cannot market her based on name recognition. The film needs to deliver with her before they can market her based on name alone going forward. I don't think Aquaman's build up put a lot of focus on Ocean Master or Black Manta, and Shazam doesn't seem to be doing much with Sivana. Whereas the Joker was already hugely popular when TDK came out due to (among other things) Nicholson and B89. A new actor playing him and great buzz about his performance made it an event.



    I don't think it's ccurate to look at Ares and Dr. Poison as an indicator of how Cheetah will turn out. She serves a different narrative function in a different type of story. We are past the origin story where the hero needs to be the main focus. Ares and Poison fulfilled the exact function they were required to. And honestly, while we don't have a wealth of great Cheetah stories, I think her source material gives the filmmaker's a LOT more ta work with than those two. Especially Poison, who is a very minor character in the comics.
    Shazam's villain Black Adam is played by The Rock and he is going to get Solo movie after Shazam.
    Meanwhile Cheetah was initially offered to Emma Stone but she rejected it so I am kind of very pessimistic of importance of Cheetah in the movie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •