Page 33 of 170 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Shazam's villain Black Adam is played by The Rock and he is going to get Solo movie after Shazam.
    And that's due to Dwayne Johnson, not any inherent popularity in Black Adam among the mainstream. They don't know who he is.

Meanwhile Cheetah was initially offered to Emma Stone but she rejected it so I am kind of very pessimistic of importance of Cheetah in the movie
    Wiig was Jenkins' first choice, so Stone is irrelevant.
    Maybe Stone doesn't want to do any more CBMs?

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And that's due to Dwayne Johnson, not any inherent popularity in Black Adam among the mainstream. They don't know who he is.

Wiig was Jenkins' first choice, so Stone is irrelevant.
    Maybe Stone doesn't want to do any more CBMs?
    Exactly should have cast a big actress as Cheetah to create Buzz and help in box office instead of casting Wiig.

Exactly should have cast a big actress as Cheetah to create Buzz and help in box office instead of casting Wiig.
    First movie did just fine without big names, so I don't think that's going to matter in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    First movie did just fine without big names, so I don't think that's going to matter in the long run.
    Not so well internationally compared to Aquaman, Suicide Squad, Black Panther, Venom
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 01-23-2019 at 08:41 AM.

BANNED

Not so well internationally compared to Aquaman, Suicide Squad, Black Panther, Venom
    Well, ss did about the same internationally. I think if they improve things from the first movie. They can get a bigger hit for the sequele.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Well, ss did about the same internationally. I think if they improve things from the first movie. They can get a bigger hit for the sequele.
    Suicide Squad did not release in China while Wonder Woman did. According to Chinese media, audience were disappointed by WW
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 01-23-2019 at 09:51 AM.

BANNED

Suicide Squad did not release in China while Wonder Woman did. According to Chinese media, audience were disappointed by WW
    How did WW gross 90M if they didn't like it?

Let's see if they like the sequele more.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I find it weird nothing is being said about Cheetah and what her relationship is going to be with Diana. Everything is about Steve Trevor

Will Diana fly?
    How fast and powerful is Cheetah and Diana in the movie? Instead, they seem to advertising as a love story.
    I know one thing for sure, based on another tv spot I have seen, but SHAZAM can fly!!!

So much for the number one superheroine, especially when they depower her.

Just reboot her already in the DCEU and do it right this time!!!

How did WW gross 90M if they didn't like it?

Let's see if they like the sequele more.
    Not much compared to venom it Aquaman

BANNED

Not much compared to venom it Aquaman
    But still good. I do want the sequele to be better and do better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I know one thing for sure, based on another tv spot I have seen, but SHAZAM can fly!!!

So much for the number one superheroine, especially when they depower her.

The problem is the lack of feats. But this is a problem in the comics as well. For years most of her showings are sword and shield in the comics. What we need is the sequele to have more feats. I think we will see her fly on the silver screen. It's a matter of time.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Patrick Wilson ain't much of a box office draw either, nor is the actor who played Black Manta.

And if Wigg is the director's choice and her vision ends up being good, that will be better than a studio choice like Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Alternatively, they could just have her start flying instead of rebooting and throwing away the good stuff they have.
    Nobody will care about the the continuity discrepancies if she starts flying in this film instead of her third. Casual audiences don't spend as much time obsessing over those details like we do.

The problem is the lack of feats. But this is a problem in the comics as well. For years most of her showings are sword and shield in the comics. What we need is the sequele to have more feats. I think we will see her fly on the silver screen. It's a matter of time.
    Well, we will definitely see more of her Super-Speed, so there is that atleast, considering the Cheetah being the villain and we have behind the scene footage of her using super speed during filming of this movie.

I would like to see her fly tho and or her creating the Invisible Jet, HERSELF! Show off those smarts Diana.

Also, make it clear that she's WAY up there in strength feats. One thing I love about the No Man's Land scene from the first movie was it was clear she was a bull in a china shop, for example the way she ran into that tank and flipped it, or took out that tower.

Now that we are like 70 years later, lets see what she REALLY can do now.
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Well, we will definitely see more of her Super-Speed, so there is that atleast, considering the Cheetah being the villain and we have behind the scene footage of her using super speed during filming of this movie.

I would like to see her fly tho and or her creating the Invisible Jet, HERSELF! Show off those smarts Diana.

Also, make it clear that she's WAY up there in strength feats. One thing I love about the No Man's Land scene from the first movie was it was clear she was a bull in a china shop, for example the way she ran into that tank and flipped it, or took out that tower.

Now that we are like 70 years later, lets see what she REALLY can do now.
    True. I heard Patty said she wants a more experienced and powerful Diana for the second film. And she said Diana would face incredible odds, and as she said that they showed an image of Cheetah. So i hope to see all that in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Patrick Wilson ain't much of a box office draw either, nor is the actor who played Black Manta.

And if Wigg is the director's choice and her vision ends up being good, that will be better than a studio choice like Stone.

Alternatively, they could just have her start flying instead of rebooting and throwing away the good stuff they have.
    Nobody will care about the the continuity discrepancies if she starts flying in this film instead of her third. Casual audiences don't spend as much time obsessing over those details like we do.
    Aquaman was a visual spectacle on scale of which was not seen in Superhero movies. I don't think WW is going to have that considering Patty Jenkins previous movie.