Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 778
  1. #496
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Aquaman was a visual spectacle on scale of which was not seen in Superhero movies. I don't think WW is going to have that considering Patty Jenkins previous movie.
    What does the visual spectacle have to do with the (lack of) box office draw for the actors playing Black Manta and Orm vs. Wiig as Cheetah?
    WW was a stronger film than Aquaman in all other areas. Aquaman was more fun but it was also kind of dumb. Ideally, we can get great stories with in-story reasons to build spectacular visual set pieces, but if it comes down to a choice, I'd rather a stronger character driven movie that doesn't require me to shut my brain off a bit.

  2. #497
    Fantastic Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What does the visual spectacle have to do with the (lack of) box office draw for the actors playing Black Manta and Orm vs. Wiig as Cheetah?
    WW was a stronger film than Aquaman in all other areas. Aquaman was more fun but it was also kind of dumb. Ideally, we can get great stories with in-story reasons to build spectacular visual set pieces, but if it comes down to a choice, I'd rather a stronger character-driven movie that doesn't require me to shut my brain off a bit.
    If WW succeeded in being strong character driven film like Logan or Dark Knight, Captain America there would not have been any problem but WW was trying to be both a realistic gritty war movie and a dumb fun Superhero movie and turned out to be mediocre.
    Choose a genre and stick to it.

  3. #498
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    That's an unsubstantiated opinion masquerading as fact, and I believe both critical and popular reception disagree rather strongly with you.

  4. #499
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    If WW succeeded in being strong character driven film like Logan or Dark Knight, Captain America there would not have been any problem but WW was trying to be both a realistic gritty war movie and a dumb fun Superhero movie and turned out to be mediocre.
    Choose a genre and stick to it.
    You understand you are in the extreme minority if you think Wonder Woman was "mediocre" right?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

    --Lord Alfred Tennyson--

  5. #500
    Fantastic Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    That's an unsubstantiated opinion masquerading as fact, and I believe both critical and popular reception disagree rather strongly with you.
    How does my opinion become a fact? It's a movie, people have a different opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    You understand you are in the extreme minority if you think Wonder Woman was "mediocre" right?
    How? It is a generic superhero movie. It is a perfectly Ok DC movie after the disaster of BvS and Suicide Squad.
    People expected the movie to suck because
    A) is a female superhero movie
    B) It is made by DC

    Well, it turned out to be ok and everybody was happy

    Or are there people here who think this is the definite version of WW that do 100% justice to her character the majority.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 01-23-2019 at 04:11 PM.

  6. #501
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    How does my opinion become a fact? It's a movie, people have a different opinion.



    How? It is a generic superhero movie. It is a perfectly Ok DC movie after the disaster of BvS and Suicide Squad.
    People expected the movie to suck because
    A) is a female superhero movie
    B) It is made by DC

    Well, it turned out to be ok and everybody was happy

    Or are there people here who think this is the definite version of WW that do 100% justice to her character the majority.
    Nobody knows anything about 'definitive' version. Do you honestly think 'The Dark Knight' is the definitive retelling of Batman from the comics and was 100% accutate? Nah lol. Wonder Woman was very successful, both financially and critically. Based on that, they should stick to what they're doing.
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  7. #502
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Nobody knows anything about 'definitive' version. Do you honestly think 'The Dark Knight' is the definitive retelling of Batman from the comics and was 100% accutate? Nah lol. Wonder Woman was very successful, both financially and critically. Based on that, they should stick to what they're doing.
    The first film was a hit. But there are things that can be improved. The third act was kinda weak. I think is understandable to want better villain fight and feats in the sequele.

  8. #503
    Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Well, we will definitely see more of her Super-Speed, so there is that atleast, considering the Cheetah being the villain and we have behind the scene footage of her using super speed during filming of this movie.

    I would like to see her fly tho and or her creating the Invisible Jet, HERSELF! Show off those smarts Diana.

    Also, make it clear that she's WAY up there in strength feats. One thing I love about the No Man's Land scene from the first movie was it was clear she was a bull in a china shop, for example the way she ran into that tank and flipped it, or took out that tower.

    Now that we are like 70 years later, lets see what she REALLY can do now.
    We did see what she could do against Superman and Steppenwolf 70years later. And it wasn't much.

    Unless otherwise noted by the DCEU people, or even Patty Jenkins herself, we can't ignore the curbstomping she and the others got by those two.

  9. #504
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    The first film was a hit. But there are things that can be improved. The third act was kinda weak. I think is understandable to want better villain fight and feats in the sequele.
    Yeah I agree with you there
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  10. #505
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    We did see what she could do against Superman and Steppenwolf 70years later. And it wasn't much.
    Dude. Noone in the general audience cares about Justice League the movie. Forget it and move on.

    And the only thing people in general care about from Batman v Superman is Wonder Woman's entrance.

  11. #506
    Fantastic Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Dude. Noone in the general audience cares about Justice League the movie. Forget it and move on.

    And the only thing people in general care about from Batman v Superman is Wonder Woman's entrance.
    We will move on when Patty and DC walks the talk and shows powerful Diana and Cheetah and build their epic rivalry instead of providing lip service on her powers and feminist ideals.

    Also, do some world building! Where is Themyscira? Why can't Diana go back to Themyscira? How powerful are the Amazons.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 01-24-2019 at 03:38 AM.

  12. #507
    Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Dude. Noone in the general audience cares about Justice League the movie. Forget it and move on.

    And the only thing people in general care about from Batman v Superman is Wonder Woman's entrance.
    So the millions of people who went to see Justice League should forget about it? Did you take a poll that shows the general audience doesn't care about the events of a movie that made millions, even if it didn't make as much as they would have liked?

    Only people on this board want to forget Justice League (with a few exceptions), and those are the comic book junkies.

  13. #508
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,380

    Default

    Jenkins will now return her focus to the much-anticipated sequel, Wonder Woman 1984, which is set in the 1980s because that’s when she became a fan of the superheroine. So, what was 1984-era Patty Jenkins like? “I was in seventh grade or sixth grade, and . . . I became a punk rocker right around there, I was in the American hardcore scene,” she said. “It was the Bad Brains and Minor Threat and Hüsker Dü . . . there were all kinds. The Replacements. I was knee-deep in all of that.”

    Now Jenkins is plotting a course for the future, and among her dream projects are a love story set in New York City, where she spent years as a waitress in the East Village. And what of Diana Prince? “I have pretty clear plans for Wonder Woman 3,” Jenkins said. “Whether I [direct] it or not, I see how her arc should end in my incarnation of Wonder Woman. I have great passion for that.”


    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...t-wonder-woman

  14. #509
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    So the millions of people who went to see Justice League should forget about it? Did you take a poll that shows the general audience doesn't care about the events of a movie that made millions, even if it didn't make as much as they would have liked?

    Only people on this board want to forget Justice League (with a few exceptions), and those are the comic book junkies.
    Aquaman made one small mention of Justice League and then never brought it up again. The first Wonder Woman blatantly retconned BvS so I don't see why they'd start being beholden to a flop movie that embarrassed WB
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  15. #510
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    So the millions of people who went to see Justice League should forget about it? Did you take a poll that shows the general audience doesn't care about the events of a movie that made millions, even if it didn't make as much as they would have liked?

    Only people on this board want to forget Justice League (with a few exceptions), and those are the comic book junkies.
    No, I wish you and the other people here who constantly complain about Wonder Woman based on the Justice League movie to forget that movie. Because all the rest of us does so.

    Both Snyder and Whedon are out as directors for coming DC movies. Justice League made less on its opening weekend than every other DCEU movie (except Aquaman, but that opened up in the Christmas slot). It managed no better than moderate followup to that opening weekend, making it the by far lowest earner of all the DCEU movies. It was also horrendously expensive to make due to the huge reshoots, leaving its profitability in question.

    (I knowingly disregard the international market here, because it's a lot more volatile depending on which countries a given film gets released in, and the studio gets less of the profits.)

    Aquaman did the right take towards JL: minimal nod, and moved on. Just as Wonder Woman did the right take towards BvS: minimal nod, and moved on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •