Page 36 of 170 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

At a guess, their own, but given the comments from Patty Jenkins and others I guess it will be closest to Rucka's Rebirth arc, with Maxwell Lord replacing Veronica Cale as the person who manipulates Barbara Ann Minerva into becoming the Cheetah.

If that is so, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cheetah transformation doesn't happen until late in the film, leaving Cheetah as a major player for Wonder Woman 3 as well. But don't quote me on that

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder if Cheetah is going to be in the modern film for 3. What arc would they follow?
    Maybe Diana trying to rehabilitate Barbara, possibly even going so far as to make some kind of a deal with Circe (who is known for her magical human / beast transformations)?

And that "deal" somehow leads to Circe trying to take control of the Amazons to use for her nefarious plans (mainly because I want to see a LOT more of Themyscira and the Amazons).

BANNED

I like the things i have heard from Patty regarding this film.

It also seems maybe we might get either Banas or another ancient tribe. I mean it’s cheetah so we might have a ritual going on

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There seems to be a lot of Egyptian stuff going on. I hope this means that Barbara is cursed by an Egyptian feline deity. They have several, and I'd prefer that to Urzkartaga.

Maybe connect it to the Bana as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There seems to be a lot of Egyptian stuff going on. I hope this means that Barbara is cursed by an Egyptian feline deity. They have several, and I'd prefer that to Urzkartaga.

Maybe connect it to the Bana as well.
    I'd also prefer them to use the Egyptian goddess Mafdet and to distance themselves from the less palatable aspects of Urzkartaga's comic book history (e.g. where Barbara was punished with the Cheetah curse for not being a virgin).

It seems a neat and tidy way to tie together various story threads (e.g. the Banas), even if they're not all used in this film (i.e. it partly serves as set-up for future films, maybe even a spin-off focusing on an anti-heroine Artemis).

One thing I like is Mafdet is the goddess of justice. I would really like it if they did something with that. Barbara should be using her's to get her revenge.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-13-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Incredible Member

One thing I like is Mafdet is the goddesses of justice. I would really like it if they did something with that. Barbara should be using her's to get her revenge.
    Oooooh. Good point. That's really juicy for exploration given that Wonder Woman also often stands for justice (even if it's part of Superman's famous catchphrase: Truth, Justice and the American Way).

If I’m not mistake she is also the goddess of judgment and execution. So I wonder with that how should cheetah’s powers be written. Mafdet is generally known for ripping the hearts out of enemies.

BANNED

If I’m not mistake she is also the goddess of judgment and execution. So I wonder with that how should cheetah’s powers be written. Mafdet is generally known for ripping the hearts out of enemies.
    Well. Cheetah is no stranger to that.

http://i.imgur.com/tXHZ7xF.jpg

I wonder in Wonder Woman 77, Cheetah has the blade of Mafdet which turned people into cheetah's at her command. What do you guys think about that?

Spectacular Member

Won't this movie damage Wonder Woman's progressive reputation if it's Cold War propaganda set in the 80s? The CIA was butchering Central Americans by the thousands at the time but the description of the movie is going to make the USSR the villains? Okay.

The USSR was also doing terrible things. This sin't the first Cold War movie that did this.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Patty Jenkins tweeted supporting Captain Marvel movie with a picture showing WW and CM flying together. Is it a hint WW will finally fly in WW84
    https://mobile.twitter.com/PattyJenk...62254627659777

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Patty Jenkins tweeted supporting Captain Marvel movie with a picture showing WW and CM flying together. Is it a hint WW will finally fly in WW84
    https://mobile.twitter.com/PattyJenk...62254627659777
    I say no. The DCEU would never do something that drastic!