Page 38 of 170 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I think they can make it work. Cheetah has a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    https://batman-news.com/2019/03/19/c...er-woman-1984/Attachment 80007

What do you all think? Good idea or no? It really sounds like something out of Ghostbusters, which came out in 1984...i love Ghostbusters I don't want to see Ghostbusters in Wonder Woman. First a callback to Superman '78 now this.
    This doesn't sound so new or different. Since Perez, Barbara has been envious of/ admired/ or wanted to be like Diana and makes a deal/ a wish to be like Diana, and ends up cursed. Right? It's kinda semantics and specifics.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Incredible Member

What do you all think? Good idea or no?
    I'll wait and see. If Barbara has some kind of adventure with Diana, they become friends and Barbara starts to feel inferior as a "human" / resents Diana because she's a demigoddess / wants to more actively participate in their adventures without feeling helpless and proactively seeks out some mystical artefact to become a "goddess" herself, albeit with tragic consequences, I could see it working. And it's not too dissimilar to some of the prior origins for Cheetah.

I just hope that whatever turns Barbara into Cheetah isn't due to the manipulation of a third party. I'm fine if Barbara tries to become Cheetah for the "wrong" reasons (it would add to the complexity of the character), but I think it's important that it is a proactive decision by Barbara, not the result of Barbara being used as a tool by some other villain.

As for Barbara finding a magical lamp, rubbing it and wishing to be a goddess - well, I certainly hope that isn't how the wish fulfilment plays out. I'd prefer to see Barbara being a competent archaeologist who does appropriate research on an artefact and, for whatever reasons, has credible grounds for utilising that artefact to give herself powers. Basically, I want to see Barbara work towards it, rather than being handed to her. Of course, the surprise / sad reveal will be that what she wishes for comes with a very high price (i.e. the removal of her humanity).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Charles Roven explains WW84 release date delay:

https://batman-news.com/2019/03/19/c...er-woman-1984/Attachment 80007

What do you all think? Good idea or no? It really sounds like something out of Ghostbusters, which came out in 1984...i love Ghostbusters I don't want to see Ghostbusters in Wonder Woman. First a callback to Superman '78 now this.
    Not that far from Year One, is it? Barbara wants to interact and be part of the godly world Diana comes from. And I can see the dramatic potential. I'm okay with it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Not that far from Year One, is it? Barbara wants to interact and be part of the godly world Diana comes from. And I can see the dramatic potential. I'm okay with it.
    Grace has mentioned reading the Rucka run before, so surely she must know how close this sounds. Especially when combined with Jenkins saying Barbara will be Diana's funny friend who has potential to become something else entirely.

But then, Grace said Wiig lacked the "sex appeal" to play Cheetah, the God cursed beast-woman with lots of body horror. So who even knows what's going on with her. I think she also said Aquaman had extensive re-shoots, and James Wan himself responded and shot that down, so I think everything she says needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

From Instagram: My favorite villain ��
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Current rumors I'm seeing circulating while browsing on SHH!

spoilers:
    Diana will wear some variation of the Golden Eagle armor. And Barbara will initially wear a costume as the Cheetah, but will gradually transform
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Current rumors I'm seeing circulating while browsing on SHH!

spoilers:
    Diana will wear some variation of the Golden Eagle armor. And Barbara will initially wear a costume as the Cheetah, but will gradually transform
    end of spoilers
    I was only aware of the first rumor (it was teased by a scooper a few days ago), never heard of the second one. 🤔
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-26-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I was only aware of the first rumor (it was teased by a scooper a few days ago), never heard of the second one. ��
    I saw the tweet for the first one, the other was just a follow up comment on SHH!
    So I'm not 100% confident in either of them, but more so the second than the first.

I'm more and more excited for Kristen Wiig with each rumor. I have full confidence that she will be something crazy good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm more and more excited for Kristen Wiig with each rumor. I have full confidence that she will be something crazy good.
    It does sound interesting. I think Kristen can do a great job as Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I saw the tweet for the first one, the other was just a follow up comment on SHH!
    So I'm not 100% confident in either of them, but more so the second than the first.
    The armor thing is not entirely a new rumor. Even if not specified which armor was, concept art of a battle armor were shown by WB at the Licensing Expo in Las Vegas before WW84 started production:

https://movieweb.com/wonder-woman-2-...stume-cheetah/

NEW FRAKKIN TOYS!!! Awesome!!! Can't wait.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    NEW FRAKKIN TOYS!!! Awesome!!! Can't wait.
    Where? From Mattel, Spin Masters, McFarlane or another company?