Page 39 of 170 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

The stuff I'm reading on SuperheroHype is keeping me up at night, they're saying Maxwell Lord grants wishes ??? and Barbara makes a wish to be like Wonder Woman but it blows up in her face. So when Grace Randolph said that Cheetah's origin story had been completely changed, did she mean 'changed' as in 'in the middle of production' in order to make the Flashpoint reboot happen? If that's why they pushed back the release date, perish the thought, they've gone and done a horrible mistake imo
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 03-29-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Patty wouldn't go along with that though, would she

Two rumours do not equate to one fact.

I can't see WB being so stupid to as to force a proven and successful property and director to change just because of the say-so of some unreleased and unproven property, not-completed script, and non-existant director. The reason given for the change in release date given by Charles Roven is also eminently sensible and far simpler than any office infighting theory.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

I can't see WB being so stupid to as to force a proven and successful property and director to change just because of the say-so of some unreleased and unproven property, not-completed script, and non-existant director. The reason given for the change in release date given by Charles Roven is also eminently sensible and far simpler than any office infighting theory.
    I wouldn't entirely put it past them, honestly.

But like you said, there are always rumors circulating about these things and not all of them end up being fact. There's no need to panic yet until we see the finished product. Grace Randolph in particular isn't always reliable. She said the first WW would be a mess, and it didn't, plus James Wan had to correct her on stuff about Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

No, THIS would be the “Flashpoint” at which the timeline split. Wonder Woman makes a wish to Maxwell Lord to bring bake Steve Trevor which has a butterfly effect on the timeline and *poof* Batfleck is no more, in a nutshell. If these rumours are to be believed which I certainly hope not, WB is re-working WW84 to make all this nonsense happen

Hasn't Warner Bros confirmed multiple times now that they're focusing on solo movies and not bothering/worrying about continuity for the foreseeable future?

Flashpoint is not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    No, THIS would be the “Flashpoint” at which the timeline split. Wonder Woman makes a wish to Maxwell Lord to bring bake Steve Trevor which has a butterfly effect on the timeline and *poof* Batfleck is no more, in a nutshell. If these rumours are to be believed which I certainly hope not, WB is re-working WW84 to make all this nonsense happen
    I don't think Steve is making it to the end of this movie still among the living.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Hasn't Warner Bros confirmed multiple times now that they're focusing on solo movies and not bothering/worrying about continuity for the foreseeable future?

Flashpoint is not going to happen.
    Also this. They're playing fast and loose with continuity now and nobody cares. Why draw even more attention to it?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think Steve is making it to the end of this movie still among the living.
    Regardless of what becomes of Steve, something or someone will bring him back from the dead unless Maxwell Lord is making Wonder Woman hallucinate

I really don't care about Lord or Cheetah
    as long as Gal Gadot nails it again
    and Wonder Woman comes out the winner
    I will be happy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I'll wait and see. If Barbara has some kind of adventure with Diana, they become friends and Barbara starts to feel inferior as a "human" / resents Diana because she's a demigoddess / wants to more actively participate in their adventures without feeling helpless and proactively seeks out some mystical artefact to become a "goddess" herself, albeit with tragic consequences, I could see it working. And it's not too dissimilar to some of the prior origins for Cheetah.

I just hope that whatever turns Barbara into Cheetah isn't due to the manipulation of a third party. I'm fine if Barbara tries to become Cheetah for the "wrong" reasons (it would add to the complexity of the character), but I think it's important that it is a proactive decision by Barbara, not the result of Barbara being used as a tool by some other villain.

As for Barbara finding a magical lamp, rubbing it and wishing to be a goddess - well, I certainly hope that isn't how the wish fulfilment plays out. I'd prefer to see Barbara being a competent archaeologist who does appropriate research on an artefact and, for whatever reasons, has credible grounds for utilising that artefact to give herself powers. Basically, I want to see Barbara work towards it, rather than being handed to her. Of course, the surprise / sad reveal will be that what she wishes for comes with a very high price (i.e. the removal of her humanity).
    Barbara Minerva????

I thought the Cheetah in 1984 was Deborah Domaine....

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Regardless of what becomes of Steve, something or someone will bring him back from the dead unless Maxwell Lord is making Wonder Woman hallucinate
    If his return from the dead is temporary, it's not gonna create a butterfly effect because he'd still be dead by the end of it and cause no changes for future events. Because he's clearly not around come BvS and JL>

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Barbara Minerva????

I thought the Cheetah in 1984 was Deborah Domaine....
    No, it's always been Barbara Minerva. Domaine was likely never considered for the film, I think it would be down to Barbara or Priscilla.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If his return from the dead is temporary, it's not gonna create a butterfly effect because he'd still be dead by the end of it and cause no changes for future events. Because he's clearly not around come BvS and JL>

No, it's always been Barbara Minerva. Domaine was likely never considered for the film, I think it would be down to Barbara or Priscilla.
    Why should Steve Trevor be dead? Already the movie is ignoring BvS and JL so there is no reason why can't Steve Trevor be permanently back?

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Why should Steve Trevor be dead? Already the movie is ignoring BvS and JL so there is no reason why can't Steve Trevor be permanently back?
    I don't know if they're going to do anything that radical though. Diana's "walking away from humanity" bit was kind of vague to start with, and her lack of flight if she gets it here will just be an inconsistent power set and we're already used to that. So they're not going to adhere too strictly to BvS and JL, but Steve's absence is kind of a bigger deal to get around. And hijacking this movie with time altering events to retcon other films is a lousy idea. It's a toss up, but relying on Steve to alter the timeline seems dubious when we have no guarantee it will be permanent. If the theme is "be careful what you wish for," that implies running to the past isn't going to end happily.

Plus what good reason is there to keep him around permanently? His death in the first film was very well done and had an impact, him straight up coming back with no strings attached kind of undermines that. I have a feeling this is gonna end tragically with Steve's return being undone coinciding with the creation of the Cheetah. I loved their dynamic and Pine in the role and am excited to see it played with again in this film, but it's not like she doesn't have other supporting characters that can be used in the third film that will be set in the modern day.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Where? From Mattel, Spin Masters, McFarlane or another company?
    Yes. And Hot Toys and Mafex, presumably...
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

So apparently there was footage for the movie at Cinemacon. Including a first look at Cheetah.

Let's hope we get to see it soon, but it wouldn't be unprecedented for Cinemacon footage to remain exclusive to the audience.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--