Page 52 of 170 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

WW84's plot leaked on Reddit by a user that attended to a screening a few days ago:

"On 10/2 I saw a test screening of Wonder Woman '84 in Irvine, California. The workprint I saw was pretty bad, some of it may be due to editing problems, but I feel like the script is badly written and lacking needed exposition in order to explain what the hell is going on for people who aren't familiar with the comics (like me). I also felt the film was lacking the charm, wit, humor and emotion of the first Wonder Woman movie. It was a disappointment."

ViewerAnon (go-to-guy for all the screenings related stuff) confirmed the user being legit:

"Can confirm this screening happened."

"He's not lying."

"I made a point not to talk about it so as not to piss off Warner Bros, so I was gonna sit on the info for awhile. Reaction as far as I know was mixed - I know people who liked it and people who didn't."

Some scoopers/bloggers are also supporting the authenticity of the leak.

Read the AMA at your own risk: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/c..._woman_84_ama/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-04-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The leaks for the first film didn't paint a flattering picture, and that turned out fine. So we'll see we're this goes.

REALLY not liking what I'm reading about Cheetah, if this turns out to be true.

Mighty Member

This sounds absolutely horrible.
    Cheetah gets her powers from a magical stone...Diana loses her powers to bring Steve back...Why is maxwell lord even here? And honestly Cheetah is not a fighter so why make them have a battle scene at the end. Kristen Wiig was a bad cast. They should have found someone Gal's age instead.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 10-04-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    This sounds absolutely horrible.
    The leaks certainly don't sound good. I hope the leaks are simply overblown.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The leaks certainly don't sound good. I hope the leaks are simply overblown.
    I don't see how they can be overblown I mean if what they are saying is true about the script then its just true.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 10-04-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    I don't see how they can be overblown I mean if what they are saying is true about the script then its just true.
    People can exaggerate due to personal preference.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Sounds like a mess. Why is Maxwell Lord in a WW movie if he has nothing to do with his comic book character anyway? This role would've made much more sense for a magic user like Circe. Or even Sebastian Ballesteros because of the Cheetah connection. And Barbara is a nerd but then starts dressing sexily after getting the powers? Lol wut? Sounds more like Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman than any version of the Cheetah.

Steve returns in the body of another man? Diana flies by catching lightning with her lasso? She can make things invisible? WTF is going on?

All-New Member

Ok, just to clear everything, looks like the reddit leak is not very accurate
    https://twitter.com/preyforgotham/st...315722752?s=21
    https://twitter.com/thecomixkid/stat...979580418?s=21

There was another user that said that the movie is great
    https://twitter.com/reelcinematics/s...292180992?s=21

Also the same Reddit user that leak the plot said that the movie is nothing like Superman IV (read the best comment)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/c..._wonder_woman/

I probably shouldn't have read the "spoilers" but I did, and I *really* hate the sound of this "Magic Stone." Really, they couldn't think of ANY OTHER WAY to drive the plot forward?

It's too early to tell, but my first impression from the posts are that Patty just really wanted Chris Pine back and needed a way to do that while also bringing in Cheetah (and Maxwell Lord, who sounds awful).

It was nice seeing some posters say Kristen Wiig was the standout, though. Her Barbara Ann is what I'm most excited for, though the Cheetah parts make me really nervous.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I probably shouldn't have read the "spoilers" but I did, and I *really* hate the sound of this "Magic Stone." Really, they couldn't think of ANY OTHER WAY to drive the plot forward?

It's too early to tell, but my first impression from the posts are that Patty just really wanted Chris Pine back and needed a way to do that while also bringing in Cheetah (and Maxwell Lord, who sounds awful).

It was nice seeing some posters say Kristen Wiig was the standout, though. Her Barbara Ann is what I'm most excited for, though the Cheetah parts make me really nervous.
    Same. I dislike the use of Maxwell Lord period, we will never escape that godawful storyline. This doesn't even sound recognizable as him, so I'm wondering why not just use Dr. Psycho or Circe or something?

Wiig being the standout sounds good, but it also sounds like Lord is the main villain over Cheetah so that may kill a lot of my enthusiasm for this. But again, the first movie had bad early buzz that turned out to be false and JL was said to be testing positively early one and we all saw how THAT turned out. So fingers crossed.

All-New Member

The reddit user rate the movie as a 7, so not so bad, and there are 8 months for fix eventually problems

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Same. I dislike the use of Maxwell Lord period, we will never escape that godawful storyline. This doesn't even sound recognizable as him, so I'm wondering why not just use Dr. Psycho or Circe or something?
    My theory for shared-world super-long form storytelling with poor (or slow) reader feedback:

Bad plot elements have a tendency to drive out good plot elements. This is due to two different tendencies. The first is that good writers are likely to be tasked—or set out—to fix bad plot elements, which usually can improve them but not make them not-bad. Meanwhile, poor writers can either add new bad plot elements, or ruin previously good plot elements. Also, really bad plot elements that cause controversy tends to be remembered precisely for causing the controversy, leading to constant questions about them, and thus calls for their inclusion.

With poor (or slow) reader feedback (which pretty much describes much of modern publishing), there is also not much reward for creating good plot elements. On the other hand, poor plot elements tend to drive away readers, in the worst case leading to a situation where the core of readers appreciate the poor plot elements.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder89 View Post
    Can't wait!!! Ready for the full press!!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.