Page 57 of 170 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
    BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised they're going with a more Priscilla Rich-esque "she just wears Cheetah clothes" instead of the actual Barbara Minerva look.

But I also suspect this is not her final form.
    There have been a select few Tweets from crew members and industry insiders who have assured (without spoiling anything) that people will be impressed with Cheetah. Although that could be interpreted many ways, I honestly doubt that they would miss the chance to create a memorably cinematic villain by turning her into a woman dressed in cheetah print. I know that the character was indeed that back when she was introduced, but in this day and age of visually spectacular films, why would they go for a non-were-cheetah Cheetah?

Don't want to rile up the hornet's nest, but something that sticks out to me about this:

That's a flying pose.

So anyone figure this is how Diana will fly? Her special armor juices her up and/or unlocks her full potential? Also noteworthy is, if she is flying, the armor has no wings.

I already know some won't be satisfied with that. Personally, I can see pros and cons about--if that is the case--but there are some things that would make it more acceptable for me.

Not so much wishes, but hopes:
    1) That she gets the armor from the Amazons. A minor thing, but I'd rather Diana receives this super-armor from her fellow Amazons than the gods or (worse) the military. Considering the Banas are rumored to appear, maybe that will be the case.

2) Diana's abilities, whatever they may be, don't come from the armor but are enhanced by it. Similar to what they did with Thor in Ragnarok where his power doesn't come from the hammer, the hammer just harnesses it and helps him control it. I don't like the idea of Diana needing armor to do anything, but it's just a boost to what she already has, that could be cool. It also leaves the door open to Diana flying on her own in a future movie.

And this, more than the other two, would go a long way toward me liking this new armor:
    3) She wears it with the Wonder Spin. Nice nod to the old show and also makes the armor more of a transformation than potential crutch.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    There have been a select few Tweets from crew members and industry insiders who have assured (without spoiling anything) that people will be impressed with Cheetah. Although that could be interpreted many ways, I honestly doubt that they would miss the chance to create a memorably cinematic villain by turning her into a woman dressed in cheetah print. I know that the character was indeed that back when she was introduced, but in this day and age of visually spectacular films, why would they go for a non-were-cheetah Cheetah?
    It might be a gradual transformation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Don't want to rile up the hornet's nest, but something that sticks out to me about this:

And this, more than the other two, would go a long way toward me liking this new armor:
    3) She wears it with the Wonder Spin. Nice nod to the old show and also makes the armor more of a transformation than potential crutch.

Many bloggers and media outlets reported that Patty was indeed creating a sequel that sprinkled a more tongue-in-cheek flavor to the proceedings and that the film would have some nods to the Lynda Carter iteration of WW. I would definitely be happy with Lynda herself appearing (a long-standing rumor that has never been substantiated/confirmed as a reality).

Incredible Member

I would like to think that if they didn't involve Carter in the Crisis on Infinite Earths television crossover, it was because Warner Brothers had already included her in the Wonder Woman sequel and didn't want to steal their own Thunder...

I'm definitely hoping that Barbara makes a gradual transition over the course of the film, because a shitty leather jacket in leopard print isn't going to do it for me, LOL.

Plus, wasn't there some kind of leaked storyboard screenshot showing Wonder Woman in her golden armour fighting a naked were-Cheetah with shoulder-length hair? I'm still holding on to the possibility that that will be her final look....

And speaking of stealing thunder, you guys have no idea how much I wish Max was not in this movie. Considering the way his death derailed the Wonder Woman comics for so long, I'm afraid he's going to steal the focus away from Cheetah, and - if he is killed by Diana again - plunge the WW film franchise into the same kind of "heroes are villains/the public doesn't trust them /everything is sombre and depressing" atmosphere of the now tanked Man of Steel and Justice League movies....

Why would the Banas be in the movie? We didn't get the whole backstory of Antiope running off with half of the Amazons to live in man's world while the others went to Paradise Island. I'm curious where this rumour came from.
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; 12-05-2019 at 02:25 PM.

BANNED

I have no clue how reliable this person is or how he has seen the film already, but I am soooo praying that this is true. I very much has always preferred the Cheetah look that Perez created, which is were cheetah beast but with Barbara's long hair. I don't really care for the now-standard Cheetah look with "bald" head/
    Capture.JPG
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 12-07-2019 at 03:31 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Brief teaser of the upcoming WW84 trailer:https://twitter.com/WonderWomanFilm/...58507652698113

I have no clue how reliable this person is or how he has seen the film already, but I am soooo praying that this is true. I very much has always preferred the Cheetah look that Perez created, which is were cheetah beast but with Barbara's long hair. I don't really care for the now-standard Cheetah look with "bald" head/
    Capture.JPG
    He's reliable.

Teaser trailer!!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1203358507652698113

And no sword in sight
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Brief teaser of the upcoming WW84 trailer:https://twitter.com/WonderWomanFilm/...58507652698113

He's reliable.
    On Reddit he also confirms that her hair in Cheetah form is a reddish/hazelnut tone (like in that pic) and that Wiig has some facial prosthetics while in Cheetah form. I truly hope that her FX in close up is nothing like CATS and all about makeup/prosthetics.

Also, I LOVE that teaser to the trailer.

By the way, maybe this is just wishful thinking but I truly hope that my suspicions about the actual villain of the film are accurate.

Circe_col.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Teaser trailer!!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1203358507652698113

And no sword in sight
    The suit looks absolutely gorgeous with full color .

Is she swinging on a lightning bolt ?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

On Reddit he also confirms that her hair in Cheetah form is a reddish/hazelnut tone (like in that pic) and that Wiig has some facial prosthetics while in Cheetah form. I truly hope that her FX in close up is nothing like CATS and all about makeup/prosthetics.

Also, I LOVE that teaser to the trailer.

By the way, maybe this is just wishful thinking but I truly hope that my suspicions about the actual villain of the film are accurate.

Circe_col.jpg
    I bet Circe will be the villain of the 3rd WW movie.

Ahhhh it looks so good just based on 15 seconds

We already knew they weren’t going to use the sword or shield in this movie based on it not appearing anywhere in promo or filmin. (Thank god)

All-New Member

Looks awesome so far. I'm pumped.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

I don't know what to say about her using lightening to swing.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Loving the use of the lasso and bracelets and no sign of the sword as of yet.

Lol there are already #ReleasetheSnyderCut comments

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The suit looks absolutely gorgeous with full color .

Is she swinging on a lightning bolt ?
    The swinging from lightning bolts thing seems almost reminiscent of gliding on air currents. It resembles the Bronze age, which this film seems to be drawing inspiration from: she's still Diana Prince, rumors suggest we are getting the plane in some capacity, Steve's death and resurrection plot, Barbara Minerva at least initially wearing a costume like Domaine, and now this gliding on air currents/riding the lightning thing.

If the third film transitions to the modern day, I wonder if we will see her giving up the Diana Prince ID, becoming the ambassador to the Amazons and full blown fight to match the modern era.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I bet Circe will be the villain of the 3rd WW movie.
    Yes Circe screams third film antagonist to me. That would be each of her three big villains headlining a film. Though I hope Cheetah still sticks around into the third film as a recurring personal nemesis while Lord and Circe are the respective big bads of WW84 and WW3.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 12-07-2019 at 11:59 AM.