Page 6 of 169 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post
    I hate when these youtubers/bloggers do this. They come with bad news, but won't tell you what it's about, leaving people frustrated and anxious.
    If she can't say anything, then she better just keep it to herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Yeah, this is absurdly vague. Besides, is there even a possibility of a good explanation why Steve is back? I can't think of a single one that's especially "good" or "terrible." I feel like this is something we're just gonna have to accept, regardless of explanation. But I trust Patty, so I'm breezy.
    I think she's just overreacting.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Has someone confirmed Pedro Pascal's role in WW84?
    For now there's just a rumor about his role from a reliable source... https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-2-p...cal-god-rumor/

I heard he was Doctor Fate... somewhere.

Hmmm

Of course there's going to be something tragic in regards to his return and she'll lose him again. If she didn't she wouldn't still be mourning him in the present. If that's the "terrible" thing being hinted at, I would have to wonder why anyone would be surprised?

Maybe she can get him back for good in part three, but we already know she's not getting him back for good in '84.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-19-2018 at 02:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I hope she and Steve get together permanently. I only say this since they haven't been together for a while in many media. Also what about old age for Steve? Unless something magically is involved

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I hope she and Steve get together permanently. I only say this since they haven't been together for a while in many media. Also what about old age for Steve? Unless something magically is involved
    A big reason for that is the writers just cannot get a handle on Steve Trevor in the books for some reason unknown to me.

After Marston died and Peter stopped working on the title, Steve's arc and history just went bonkers.

To date, no writer has gotten Steve right as a romantic lead for Diana so I was content with the post-CRISIS status quo wherein Steve was just Diana's "big brother."

Since the New 52 to the present, Steve has been a bust in the books. Brian Azzarello never even wrote for Steve when BA was in charge of the WW title except for that one off Steve appearance in the annual.

The only time Steve Trevor has truly worked - and worked well - has been onscreen, and that's largely due to Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot and, of course, Chris Pine.

I don't know what it is, but these creatures writing Steve in the books just can't get him right.
    Last edited by NYCER; 06-19-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Has someone confirmed Pedro Pascal's role in WW84?
    I've heard theories for Hades, Phobos/Deimos, Dr. Fate, and even Zatara, with a possible appearance by a young Zatanna.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post
    I hate when these youtubers/bloggers do this. They come with bad news, but won't tell you what it's about, leaving people frustrated and anxious.
    If she can't say anything, then she better just keep it to herself.
    Grace is just speculating like the rest of us, I don't think she has much of anything solid to go on. It's probably best to ignore her and other Youtube bloggers.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    She apparently is not flying under her own power, but via invisible jet or something like that. Probably could have used that 'jet' in the Justice League movie.
    No, I think if she isn't flying, it's more likely that she is doing a massive leap into the air. The photographer who tweeted about witnessing the stunt said she was flying though (after a running start), and catches Steve.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    NOPE. They filmed a stunt actor running, and then filmed Gal being pulled down the same route to get the shot of her face. Watch the red car in both videos. It moves exactly the same. Her hair would not blow inside of a jet...and we wouldn't see her if it's invisible.
    Good call! That makes sense. And it's good to see them filming both "practically" rather than just CGI-ing Gal's face onto her stunt double's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think she's just overreacting.
    I've been following Grace for a long time and she does that lol. Maybe not overreacting but she has strong opinions on stuff. Just like most youtubers do. Overall her opinion on the movie has been pretty positive overall, like in the video below:

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She did also say in the Kristin Wiig reaction video that she doubted her ability to play the character due to not having the "sex appeal."

Which is...odd, because she is definitely aware of the Rucka/Sharp version, and there is not a lot of sex appeal going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    It looks like she's sweating to me. Seems even more evident in the video.

But even if that is clear straps, it's probably to create the illusion she's wearing a strapless outfit and will probably not be seen in the finished film. It's the lack of the thick leather over-the-shoulder strap she's been wearing all the time so far that's relevant--denoting she won't be relying on a sword or shield for most (if not all) this movie.
    Which is a good thing.
    Or maybe that plastic thingy is a "placeholder" for a leather strap that will be CGI'ed during post?

Maybe it's an uncomfortable item to wear for Gal Gadot?

I've gotten used to seeing the strap in the books and movie. Now I think it's weird we haven't seen a pic of Wonder Woman wearing said item.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    She did also say in the Kristin Wiig reaction video that she doubted her ability to play the character due to not having the "sex appeal."

Which is...odd, because she is definitely aware of the Rucka/Sharp version, and there is not a lot of sex appeal going on there.
    Right? She even advocated for the movie to be inspired on Rucka's comics (which it seems to be [sort of] based on the rumors about Barbara being her friend and all)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    Or maybe that plastic thingy is a "placeholder" for a leather strap that will be CGI'ed during post?

Maybe it's an uncomfortable item to wear for Gal Gadot?

I've gotten used to seeing the strap in the books and movie. Now I think it's weird we haven't seen a pic of Wonder Woman wearing said item.
    I think it helps iconography-wise to have a simpler costume... maybe that's what they're going for.

Also, she wouldn't need a sword for a more urban environment, especially since the movie deals with people's rights etc.