Page 60 of 170 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Looks a bit campier than the last one. Not bad in and of itself, just noting.

I mean the 80s were a mix of serious and campy. Plus it's only the first trailer.

Screenshot from 2019-12-08 16-29-21.jpg

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Looks fantastic! I can't believe Patty had the guts to do the tiara throw! It looks ridiculous, but who cares? This is like all the great stuff from Lynda Carter's show, with modern technology upping the "Wow" factor!

Disappointed that we didn't get to see Cheetah, but I can wait.

Also loved the role reversal between Diana and Steve. Suddenly HE'S the stranger in a strange land who needs to be guided. GENIUS!
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 12-08-2019 at 03:09 PM.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

What else do you guys think we will find? It seems we have the invisible jet. I mean she is flying on lighting? I mean we know Patty retcon some parts of the JL movie. Like Diana still does help the man's world.

All-New Member

Dig the trailer. Awesome to see the Eagle/KC armor. As someone else noted, Max is a telepathy and can control or influence minds. Is Steve a mental construct? Is it a distraction to throw Diana off his trail? Or is he in love with Minerva and trying to get rid of Diana? Wondering if the lyrics of "Blue Monday" have any meaning with regard to the themes.
    Last edited by JohhnyT; 12-08-2019 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by JohhnyT View Post
    Dig the trailer. Awesome to see the Eagle/KC armor. As someone else noted, Max is a telepathy and can control or influence minds. Is Steve a mental construct? Is it a distraction to throw Diana off his trail? Or is he in love with Minerva and trying to get rid of Diana? Wondering if the lyrics of "Blue Monday" have any meaning with regard to the themes.
    He grants wishes with that stone he's holding in the trailer, very Monkey's Paw be careful what you wish for. And I LOVE them using Blue Monday.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Looks great! That tiara throw! Those lasso feats! WW being awesome !!!

Does look like we're getting a jet scene...Invisible Jet here we come .

I'm not surprised they didn't show Barbara in her Cheetah form yet. They probably want to make sure the CG is perfected before they show it off.

The Golden Eagle armor looks better then I was expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Really liking everything else. Maxwell Lord should not be in this movie, but I'm liking Pedro Pascal in the trailer. Also glad we are getting more Amazons. Are they doing a version of the Contest (little late for that)? Where do the Bana fit in, if the rumors are true? Also much like the lightning riding, the lassoing the wind thing seems to be present, but looks better in execution than I was expecting (at least so far). Eagle armor looks neat too. I can't wait for more trailers.
    Yeah, I wonder if those scenes of Themyscira with her as a child are their way of working the contest in somehow.

All-New Member

@richalex I see thanks

Some mixed thoughts on the trailer.

What I liked:

Plenty of 80s aesthetics, between music, costumes, and cars.

Lots of lasso action, and the use of the thrown tiara. Also showing hints of more use of bullets and bracelets. Lassoing the lightning is not only cool as hell, it also gives a strong kinetic element to Diana's aerobatics.

Gal Gadot seems to have developed as an actress—her line delivery seems better than in the previous movie.

Pedro Pascal gives a suitably creepy impression of a self improvement peddler.

More Themyscira!

Patty Jenkins continue to steal from the best: Spiderman for lassoing the lightning, and Mad Max Fury Road for that truck flip.

I was afraid the golden eagle armour would look corny as hell, but they manage to sell it.

Also, I like that they seemed to have focused on practical effects, with CGI used for embellishments—it's really clear in comparison with the Black Widow trailer.

What I didn't like:

This is nitpicky, but it felt like the trailer didn't have a real theme or knew what it wanted to say. It also didn't feel like it hinted at a signature scene for the movie.

There are lots of stuff that I hope turns up in the final movie, like AIDS awareness, the beginning mainstreaming of the gay movement, or the social-economic clashes of the time.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member

Steve seemingly was physically fighting people at several points. Which seems to point away from him just being in her head.

I'm wondering if the effects for Cheetah aren't quite done yet, hence why we didn't see her. We did see a big of Barbara seemingly growing in confidence though.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    What I didn't like:

This is nitpicky, but it felt like the trailer didn't have a real theme or knew what it wanted to say. It also didn't feel like it hinted at a signature scene for the movie.
    This is what I meant by more of a campy feel. Not a bad thing, but people wanting it to be like the first movie and have something deep to say about humanity might be a bit disappointed.

Ultimate Member

Love the sheer 80's of it and how bright and colorful it looks.

Diana riding lightning was so cool.

Genuine heartfelt reunion between her and Steve, also the role reversal between them seems like it might be fun.

Pedro looks suitably creepy.

Fun creative action.

Etc.

Really good trailer.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I’m wondering, how did she get up that high in the sky to swing from lightning bolts??

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    I’m wondering, how did she get up that high in the sky to swing from lightning bolts??
    Steve probably flew her there.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    [SPOILER] She lassoes a boeing 737 [/SPOILER]