Music
    Pedro Pascal one of my favourite actors
    Her lassoing lighting
    Cinematography
    Using lasso as a weapon
    Her not killing anyone
    Gold armour looks great

What I don't like

Cheetah is clearly sidelined like Dr Poison in first movie. Not even glimpse of her in trailer
    There is no reason for the movie to bring Maxwell Lord and find a ridiculous way to make him Godlike when they could have brought Circe or any other Greek Gods.
    There was no reason to bring Steve Trevor back instead of introducing character like Wonder Girl, Cheetah or Artemis to be Diana's partner
    The way Cheetah is defeated according to leaks is really bad in my opinion
    WW is still not a public hero
    Amazons are ignored

Normally, I'd say seems like WW is still tied to aspects of Snyder's (unfortunate) timeline, but Chris Pine's return does mean we need to wait and see what's up exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    What I like about the movie

No sword and shield
    Music
    Her lassoing lighting
    Cinematography
    Using lasso as a weapon
    Her not killing anyone
    Gold armour looks great

What I don't like

Cheetah is clearly sidelined like Dr Poison in first movie. Not even glimpse of her in trailer
    There is no reason for the movie to bring Maxwell Lord and find a ridiculous way to make him Godlike when they could have brought Circe or any other Greek Gods.
    There was no reason to bring Steve Trevor back instead of introducing character like Wonder Girl, Cheetah or Artemis to be Diana's partner
    Amazons are ignored
    How are the Amazons ignored when they are right there in the trailer?

Also, I think it's a stretch to say that Cheetah will be as secondary as Doctor Poison was in the first film. They are clearly building a fleshed out origin story for her. And bear in mind the plan was to have a JL vs. Legion of Doom movie originally, where Cheetah would have returned. It's why Black Manta, also the archnemesis of his respective superhero, was not the primary villain in his first appearance. I'm assuming now the plan would be to bring them back in Wonder Woman 3 and Aquaman 2 respectively.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    How are the Amazons ignored when they are right there in the trailer?

Also, I think it's a stretch to say that Cheetah will be as secondary as Doctor Poison was in the first film. They are clearly building a fleshed out origin story for her. And bear in mind the plan was to have a JL vs. Legion of Doom movie originally, where Cheetah would have returned. It's why Black Manta, also the archnemesis of his respective superhero, was not the primary villain in his first appearance. I'm assuming now the plan would be to bring them back in Wonder Woman 3 and Aquaman 2 respectively.
    My thoughts exactly. Dr. Poison's actress did not get third billing like Kristin Wiig does either, she is definitely not going to have that small of a role.

Ultimate Member

Also she got one of the four posters, along with Diana, Steve, and Lord. That's pretty telling.

Amazons are ignored
    Barbara is literally the second person we see in the trailer, and is clearly set up as important to Diana. To me, it's rather clear that the Barbara-Diana relation is the most important one in the movie.

Agree that Maxwell Lord is unneeded (would much rather see them using Doctor Psycho), but I'm not going to judge the quality of the trailer on that fact. Heck, maybe they'll manage to redeem Maxwell Lord as a real Wonder Woman villain, and finally move us past that bloody necksnap.

We get Cheetah, you know?

Leaks are leaks. Final execution >>>>> leaks.

As Confuzzled says, we will get to see more Themyscira and Amazons. In what way or how much I have no idea, but at least we know we will get to see more of them.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Dammit, couldn't help myself and joined in on some of those spoilers/rumors. If accurate, the Steve situation seems really interesting and powerful, emotion-wise. Reinforces my belief that this movie's going to be fire and actually quite a bit better than the first.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Watched the trailer. It was good but somehow it didn't give me chills or big emotion. Mulan trailers did.

Really not sure how to feel and seeing Steve back. Makes his death meaningless. We'll see how I feel once I see the whole movie.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    ....Really not sure how to feel and seeing Steve back. Makes his death meaningless. We'll see how I feel once I see the whole movie.
    I agree that Steve shouldn't have returned (maybe in the next movie or further down the road) for this very reason.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I don't know how much weight this will hold because I'm not a proponent in the first place that bringing him back makes anything meaningless. But if the things I've read are true, I think even those in this particular camp will be very satisfied with how his return plays out.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

All-New Member

For what I’ve seen the trailer reception by the audience is very amazing. What do you think? Do you have the same feedback?

I love love love how she has some of the best Choreographed fighting in movies period. It looks like she's dancing and I love it. However, i need to see some MoS level destruction and tossing buildings and planes. Real Strength feats. I can never understand why they don't show the women characters this way.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member

No sword and shield
    Music
    Her lassoing lighting
    Cinematography
    Using lasso as a weapon
    Her not killing anyone
    Gold armour looks great

What I don't like

Amazons are ignored
    she not sidelined we will get a glimpse of her in march 3 months out

I cant believe the whole movie was spoiled

No sword and shield
    Music
    Her lassoing lighting
    Cinematography
    Using lasso as a weapon
    Her not killing anyone
    Gold armour looks great

What I don't like

Amazons are ignored
    I'm with you on all of the 'likes,' but have to respectfully disagree with you regarding some of your dislikes.

- The trailer was about 2 1/2 minutes long, which I don't think is nearly enough to say that Cheetah has been sidelined. My best guess is that Max Lord is going to grant both their wishes and we're going to see how, over the course of the movie, their wish fulfillments reach their conclusions. I just think they're keeping Cheetah under wraps. Odds are we'll see more of Barbara, which, to me, is a good thing - character development > super battles, and I think Cheetah's final conclusion is going to lead to a great character arc as well as an epic battle at the end.

- I sort of agree with you here, but it looks like Max is just a guy with a magic item. We don't yet know how/where he got that item. For all we know, the credits stinger will show us Circe is behind it all! I think we need to say how this actually plays out.

- I don't see Steve and any Amazon as being mutually exclusive. He is, according to Patty, a key part of the plotline (I'm assuming he's Diana's wish fulfillment). Barbara/Cheetah already is in the movie a great deal, and, considering the DCEU is taking the 'Diana is alone and separated from the Amazons' approach, until that issue is solved, I don't see how/why to add any other Amazons. How many Batman movies have we had without Robin/Batgirl/Batwoman? How many Superman movies without Superboy/Supergirl? In Diana's 2nd outing, we're adding two new characters to explore (Barbara and Max), and I don't want this movie to suffer from becoming too crowded.

- Leaks do not equal actuality and really have nothing to do with the trailer, to be honest. I haven't heard anything official and doubt we will, and leaks so far have proven to be untrue so far as I've seen.

- That Diana is still not a public hero is not definite, though I won't be surprised if they go that way. She is trying to stay on the down low, for reasons I'm hoping we'll see, but she's still acting as a superhero. It sort of walks the line between what Snyder set up and what Jenkins wants to do - she didn't abandon mankind, but she doesn't go big and flashy, either. Then again, who knows - by the end of the movie, she may be well known.

- This last one is just does not seem to be true as there are a few shots of the Amazons in the trailer. Clearly they aren't being ignored (not to mention they're supposedly getting their own movie)

On a separate note, Patty Jenkins is getting her own Pop Vinyl!

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-198...ins-funko-pop/

Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!