Page 67 of 170 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2541

I probably have watched the trailer too much, but I realised that there various callbacks to important lines in the first movie in it.

We open with Diana's line to Barbara: "My life... hasn't been what you probably think it has. We all have our struggles." Here I'm reminded of what Sameer said to Diana in Veld about everyone fighting their own battles.

Then of course we have the verbatim return of Steve's line about saving today and the world, but later on when he say "you know what you need to do" it reminded me of his and Charlie's exchange by the end of the 2017 movie: "Oh my god, what are we gonna do?"; "but we can stop that plane".

Then we had Diana's line "Nothing good is born from lies, and greatness is not what you think", which reminded me of Hippolyta's "fighting does not make you a hero".
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I read the reddit post when it first came on before it got deleted, and it didn't imply what you wrote in the spoilers. If I am wrong, then great, but this also does damage to the two other movies she was in because her powers just make no sense then. It would be entirely retconning BvS and JL. I don't get the vibe that they are doing that.
    So you didn’t read this?

spoilers:
    What happens next occurs in a single take: Diana turns her back on Steve and turns, leaving him behind a corner and out of frame. She walks toward camera, slowly... she walks faster, jogging... running... sprinting, and now it’s clear what’s happened as she bolts, Wonder Woman returned... and Diana launches into the air, lassoing a 737 in the sky and launching even higher.

We hear Steve’s voice from their flight in the invisible jet, that flying is just riding the wind. Diana closes her eyes...

And then she’s flying. All on her own. Your mileage may very, but this whole sequence hits in a No Man’s Land-like way.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

Another Diana voiceover, talking about her faith in people. She flies through the air. Then she goes full Superman - an alarm sounds and high in the atmosphere, Wonder Woman flies far into the distance to answer the call.
    end of spoilers
    Richard Alexander

https://www.cbr.com/video-what-nobod...-maxwell-lord/

I wonder if they will keep how his death will be

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    So you didn’t read this?

spoilers:
    What happens next occurs in a single take: Diana turns her back on Steve and turns, leaving him behind a corner and out of frame. She walks toward camera, slowly... she walks faster, jogging... running... sprinting, and now it’s clear what’s happened as she bolts, Wonder Woman returned... and Diana launches into the air, lassoing a 737 in the sky and launching even higher.

We hear Steve’s voice from their flight in the invisible jet, that flying is just riding the wind. Diana closes her eyes...

And then she’s flying. All on her own. Your mileage may very, but this whole sequence hits in a No Man’s Land-like way.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

Another Diana voiceover, talking about her faith in people. She flies through the air. Then she goes full Superman - an alarm sounds and high in the atmosphere, Wonder Woman flies far into the distance to answer the call.
    end of spoilers
    I hope that is the case, but it still doesn't make sense to me with respect to the other movies.

We shall see.

I’m SO HAPPY to see the quotes from Gal Gadot on CBR’s Featured page about there being no sword and no shield in this movie.

BANNED

The theme of the film, the remix of the new order song is amazing. I listen to it non-stop.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    The theme of the film, the remix of the new order song is amazing. I listen to it non-stop.
    I don't think that is the theme of the movie, just the theme of trailer

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I hope that is the case, but it still doesn't make sense to me with respect to the other movies.

We shall see.
    They don't need to respect 2 movies that were poorly made and flopped. No director would let 2 flop movies get in the way of their own project. And it makes perfect sense.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    They don't need to respect 2 movies that were poorly made and flopped. No director would let 2 flop movies get in the way of their own project. And it makes perfect sense.
    yeah, what possible concern should it be for Patty Jenkins? She didn't make those, she was successful where they were not, so it's not her problem.

Nobody in the general audience will care, and they are the main ones the studio needs to appeal to, not hardcore fans.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Is it off-topic to hypothesize about a potential Wonder Woman 3 in this thread? Or is there another thread for that?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Is it off-topic to hypothesize about a potential Wonder Woman 3 in this thread? Or is there another thread for that?
    Feel free to start a new thread on it as it would be a bit off topic here.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Feel free to start a new thread on it as it would be a bit off topic here.
    Thanks a lot for that!
    I will search first so I don't create a redundant thread.

Spectacular Member

I wonder if when Barbara transforms she'll have blonde hair still? I don't think she will look good with blonde hair as cheetah. I like when she has a red or brown hair like the comics I've never seen her with blonde besides Priscilla. Oh & where is her British accent I didn't hear that from Kristen in the trailer
    Last edited by Mysterious; 12-21-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    I wonder if when Barbara transforms she'll have blonde hair still? I don't think she will look good with blonde hair as cheetah. I like when she has a red or brown hair like the comics I've never seen her with blonde besides Priscilla. Oh & where is her British accent I didn't hear that from Kristen in the trailer
    I don't think she's going to be British. If Wiig can't do a convincing accent it may be for the best.
    So she'll be American like Priscilla and Deborah.

We shall see.
    Wonder Woman 1984 need only be beholden to the WW franchise. In the first film Ares said "Only a god can kill another god." Now look what the gods can do in the DCEU: manipulate matter, create localized storms, wield lightning, fly, TP/TK, invisibility, teleportation, great strength, speed, durability, and immortality. All of these abilities Ares had, and he told Diana there was so much about her power she didn't know.