Page 7 of 170 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I think it helps iconography-wise to have a simpler costume... maybe that's what they're going for.
    I strongly agree. The Sam Browne belt always seemed like an afterthought to me. It didn't seem as though it was designed together with the rest of the costume. To an extent, that makes sense story wise as the bodice and boots were presumably some kind of artefact (e.g. perhaps Athena's amour) stored in the Amazon's armoury whereas I don't think the belt was from there and was probably a late addition by Diana when she left Themyscira.

But, I definitely didn't like seeing Diana's iconic "WW / Eagle" breastplate partially obscured by the belt straps.

Perhaps the rumoured "battle armour" will provide Diana with a more integrated way to carry her sword and shield (which she would presumably be using against a foe which she thinks warrants upgraded / additional armour).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Grace Randolph revealed the "bad news" about WW84 (potential spoilers about ST and the movie's ending):

https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/st...21887640375297

https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/st...23133046669312
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-20-2018 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Grace Randolph revealed the "bad news" about WW84 (potential spoilers about ST and the movie's ending):

That sounds... stupid as hell. But I just can't see that stuff happening. Maybe I have too much faith in Patty Jenkins... how crazy would it be if Allan Heinberg was the reason for the first WW's success?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I can't open twitter at work, can someone summarize the bad news ?

It's basically just rumours at this point:

spoilers:
    Okay non-believers, here’s 2 things I heard re #WonderWoman1984 - Steve is in someone else’s body so when WW kisses him she sees ST but is actually kissing another guy, & she can fly by “lassoing the wind” - these were development ideas, could have changed
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    One more - in #WonderWoman1984 apparently one idea was she saves day by lassoing a radio antenna to spread the power of her lasso across the globe - again this was part of development so hopefully people came to their senses and scrapped that
    end of spoilers

Anyway, since these are mentioned as development ideas, it's basically all smoke and mirrors at this point.

I could piece together a 2 plus hour video of Grace Randolph talking major smack about the first movie, months and months before its release ( none of which she ever owned up to btw). This is what she does; ‘worries’ incessantly to drive up clicks, spreads lots of unfounded rumors (remember when James Wan called her out for talking smack about the Aquaman trailer? She never owned up to that either!). I’m braced for a year and a half of more of the same but have faith that Patty and company will get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    Or maybe that plastic thingy is a "placeholder" for a leather strap that will be CGI'ed during post?

Maybe it's an uncomfortable item to wear for Gal Gadot?

I've gotten used to seeing the strap in the books and movie. Now I think it's weird we haven't seen a pic of Wonder Woman wearing said item.
    I don't think so. The lasso has a new attachment on the belt (which was a pain to redo half my figures. I left half strappy.) What we're seeing is shine, glare, or make up...maybe clear straps for a harness, if anything, or since there's a bite mark or some kind of wound, maybe they've covered it to protect the make up.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    It's basically just rumours at this point:

spoilers:
    Okay non-believers, here’s 2 things I heard re #WonderWoman1984 - Steve is in someone else’s body so when WW kisses him she sees ST but is actually kissing another guy, & she can fly by “lassoing the wind” - these were development ideas, could have changed
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    One more - in #WonderWoman1984 apparently one idea was she saves day by lassoing a radio antenna to spread the power of her lasso across the globe - again this was part of development so hopefully people came to their senses and scrapped that
    end of spoilers

Anyway, since these are mentioned as development ideas, it's basically all smoke and mirrors at this point.
    So, even if this "sounds" weird, it's a description. Who knows how it would be executed on film in the story. I've lost no faith, anxious to see what Patty does.

Since this is a spoiler thread, we don't need to hide things, right?

The Steve thing I don't know about... but hey, I'll wait and see. The radio tower doesn't sound bad, and would also explain why no one remembers Diana from the 80's.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

“lassoing the wind"?that

Ugh. Let's take all the elements that made her goofy/campy from the comics and incorporate that into the movie. That's the ticket!

Maybe when the wind speed approaches tornado or hurricane force level, will she be able to go over 100 mph. Of course, she is going to have to hope the wind is blowing in the right direction for her to move along.

The wind current thing is one of the stupidest powers she ever had in the comics. I seriously hope she doesn't have this in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Since this is a spoiler thread, we don't need to hide things, right?

The Steve thing I don't know about... but hey, I'll wait and see. The radio tower doesn't sound bad, and would also explain why no one remembers Diana from the 80's.
    I thought it better to err on the side of caution, given that this is basically just rumours. And yes, when I read the Steve thing, I immediately thought about Doctor Psycho.

Well, while the latter idea sure sounds silly and would be hard to pull off well enough, I kind of like the first, if only because it could open a more mystical world for Diana, with transmigration of the soul and all. Plus it could be a poetic way to bring back Steve Trevor, something I don't like at first glance. I've faith in patty to do a good movie. Probably not a masterpiece (since I consider WW to be just that, a good film), but that's already quite a lot for the DCEU, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I thought it better to err on the side of caution, given that this is basically just rumours. And yes, when I read the Steve thing, I immediately thought about Doctor Psycho.
    Totally. Dr Psycho has disguised himself or someone as Steve, and he only looks like Steve to Diana. Not sure how this is bad news? It was expected...

And the radio tower could really make sense.

If it is indeed Doctor Psycho, do you think we'll be seeing Pedro Pascal in the role? Or do you think they would cast a little person? I think it's a sensitive decision... the only other little person we've seen in a superhero movie is Trask from X-Men. It's not setting a good standard if the only two little people are villains (especially one as deranged as Psycho).

About Grace's rumors: Ugh, I don't want the lasso to be the only source of her powers. She is a demigod, for the goddesses' sake.

But the one that worries me the most is the Steve one. I actually think people will complain no matter how well they bring him back, but being an illusion is one of the worst scenarios. Anyway, let's hope for the best.