Page 77 of 170 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2541

It'll suck if it has to be delayed, but if it has to be so be it. Sit on it for a while, I still maintain they have another massive hit on their hands, so just wait it out till the world starts moving past this mess.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

They could postpone WW84, or just release it on streaming platforms for slightly above ticket price.

If it does well enough (which it will), and civilization doesn't dissolve into nothingness, rerelease it in cinemas later this year.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-17-2020 at 11:27 AM.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I don't know what the business model for streaming films are, but I doubt that any streaming film, no matter how well received, would make more profit than a highly anticipated smash-hit in the making like Black Widow and Wonder Woman 1984. Again, these two are potential billion-dollar grossers, and both studios have too much riding on them to do a streaming service release.
    And now, both of these films could actually benefit from even more anticipation if released during the holidays, which tend to give well-received movies incredible box office legs.

If Black Widow is released in, say, November 13, and Wonder Woman 1984 opens December 11, these two (both superheroine films directed by women) could end up being the two biggest grossing films of 2020. So I am all for this.
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 03-17-2020 at 11:36 AM.

In the long-term, this crisis can be the thing that really sets off Internet streaming as a viable business model—a lot of my musician friends are working on this stuff.

But I don't think the payment models and infrastructure is there yet. Rather, I think a lower-budget movie with less riding on it would make for a good proof-of-concept. The big tentpoles are still a few years out, I believe.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    In the long-term, this crisis can be the thing that really sets off Internet streaming as a viable business model—a lot of my musician friends are working on this stuff.

But I don't think the payment models and infrastructure is there yet. Rather, I think a lower-budget movie with less riding on it would make for a good proof-of-concept. The big tentpoles are still a few years out, I believe.
    Yeah, probably a few years tops. I prefer just watching a movie at home, and not in some gross megaplex. I love smaller cinemas, but something like WW 84 usually doesn't go to those- and even I'll admit that the big screen has a definitive appeal still that hasn't been shaken just yet.

I mean really the only option if WB and other companies don't want to delay it release it on steam services. Birds of Prey already got their steam early.

Retired

In hindsight, BIRDS OF PREY would probably have been better off if it had been a streaming show. But WONDER WOMAN 1984 will lose too much money if it's put on streaming first. It's too bad it wasn't released last year. Putting it off for another year seems extreme. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Birds of Prey was still a large-budget movie by any standard other than modern action movies, and it didn't do that badly in theaters ($200M on a $85M budget). I think some smaller feelgood (or horror) movies are more likely to make a break in the streaming services this year.

The real tricky thing for distributors is that the worldwide release is broken right now. The most important market for WW84 is still the USA, but they lag behind everyone else when it comes to managing the corona pandemic, and they also need the Chinese and the European markets. But having all three, or at least two of them, lined up at the same time will probably prove tricky. Especially if there is a return of Covid-19 in the autumn.

And provided the cinemas themselves manage to stay afloat.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Warner Bros Debates Whether ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Should Skip Theaters for Streaming (Exclusive): https://www.thewrap.com/wonder-woman...r-warner-bros/

I mean WW84 can be delayed, it ins't like it has other movies depending on it

I prefer it to be delayed so it can have a good box office

Yeah, it's not like we're getting Justice League 2 any time soon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

They should just delay it.

Whenever this all passes, people will be VERY eager to get out of the house and go to a movie (among other things).

Agree that delaying the movie make more sense.

Patty Jenkins retweeted this article yesterday...

Warner Bros. Confirms ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Will Go to Theaters, Not Streaming: https://www.indiewire.com/2020/03/wo...us-1202219383/

Incredible Member

Maybe old news but yup, Wiig is getting the expected Cheetah look - beige tummy and dots on the sides:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hyzenthla...478272/photo/1

'Wonder Woman 1984' release pushed to Aug. 14: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ncerns-1284285