Page 79 of 170 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2541
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

WW84 Empire Magazine Covers:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    WW84 Empire Magazine Covers:

Love the 2nd one it looks like shorts on her. Boots are so bright i feel like im watching cartoons again

Retired

I've been so ready to see this movie for the last two years, it's too bad I'm not likely to see it in theatres, if in fact it comes out in August. I just don't see myself being ready to go to movie theatres at that time. I'd like to ask WB to do one thing and that's let WW 84 roll out over the whole year--maybe even bring it back to some theatres for a repeat performance or two. I could maybe be ready to go to theatres at Christmas or next spring. Just not this summer and probably not even in the fall.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I've been so ready to see this movie for the last two years, it's too bad I'm not likely to see it in theatres, if in fact it comes out in August. I just don't see myself being ready to go to movie theatres at that time. I'd like to ask WB to do one thing and that's let WW 84 roll out over the whole year--maybe even bring it back to some theatres for a repeat performance or two. I could maybe be ready to go to theatres at Christmas or next spring. Just not this summer and probably not even in the fall.
    It’s probably safer to go see the movie in August than during the Holiday season during the flu season, the coronavirus isn’t going away anytime soon. Just be sure to wear a mask, bring the disinfectant and don’t touch your face. If you do that and wash your clothes, you should be fine. Unless you're very old and/or have underlying health issues, in that case wait for the home release

More images from the movie:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-16-2020 at 11:37 AM.

I wonder if her initial costume being cheetah clothes is a nod to Priscilla Rich.

Report of Empire's WW84 article:

"According to #PattyJenkins, #WW84 will be heavier and with more tragic elements than the 1st #WonderWoman. One of the elements is the slow transformation of the naive #BarbaraMinerva in #Cheetah, what has a heartbreaking effect in #Diana once #Barbara reaches her final form. #BarbaraMinerva adopts a harder-edged, leather-clad look before its final #Cheetah transformation (whose look remains under wraps), a heartbreaking and threatening process for #Diana, who tries to warn her, making things worse. A tragic falling apart of a friendship in #WW84.

According to #PattyJenkins, #WonderWoman1984
    is a return to big, ambitious physical moviemaking of the 80s, mixing action, adventure & emotion with big stunts & original, fresh, powerful, but gracious, sexy fights designed by #CirqueDuSoleil, pushing the genre to the next level."

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/...56673419366401

"Apart of #BarbaraMinerva’s descent, a biggest threat in #WW84
    is #MaxwellLord, invested in the idea that greed is good and more is better than enough. A precursor of the Instagram-star selling an empty perfect life, all about fame and fortune, the #AmericanDream born in the 80s.

Choosing the 80s as #WW84 set was not to use “nostalia for the sake of the nostalgia” but a way to identify the evils of our current times in that early era of Excess, where they began, as an allegory. #PattyJenkins want us to question ourselves if greed is really good, after all"

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/...70658357243905

"#PattyJenkins and #GalGadot wanted #WW84 to be bigger than the 1st one by all means and wanted to make #WonderWoman a Worldwide heroine, not only American, pushing to make #WonderWoman1984 a “global experience” as #IndianaJones & #JamesBond in the 80s with international locations

One example was going back to #Themyscira in #WW84, which wasn’t the original plan, but #PattyJenkins realised she needed to show a contrast between that world #Diana left behind and her current lonely existence in the greedy world of Men. They went to #CanaryIslands this time."

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/...80884363931648

"According to #Empire, #BatmanvSuperman is still canon in #WW84, and #Diana works at the #SmithsonianMuseum to keep track of any dangerous or mystical items, and lives in the #Watergate complex, where she has a view in any direction of Washington and can monitor the US government.

#WonderWoman is still out there doing heroic acts in the 80s, but always trying to go under notice in doing so, so people are not aware of her. #Diana, now mature and evolved, avoids solid friendships in #WW84 because she is afraid of losing them all as she lost her original team"

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/...85882971852806

Sounds really interesting. Looking forward to it.

Though I am disappointed they still feel obligated to stay in-line with the other DC movies.
    Man, when a shared universe works, you get the MCU. But when it doesn't...like the DCEU or DC's current animated universe...it really is a millstone dragging everything down. The ground is sour. Sometimes dead is better.
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 04-17-2020 at 11:05 AM.

The animated DC movies do still work better than ******action.

Incredible Member

“ gracious, sexy fights” ... lol. I look forward to seeing similarly gracious, sexy fights between ... let’s say, Captain America and Iron Man! Will their clothes accidentally be torn off as though roll over each other on the ground and then into a convenient pool of jelly?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    “ gracious, sexy fights” ... lol. I look forward to seeing similarly gracious, sexy fights between ... let’s say, Captain America and Iron Man! Will their clothes accidentally be torn off as though roll over each other on the ground and then into a convenient pool of jelly?

Hahahahahaha!!!!!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Report of Empire's WW84 article:
    "According to #Empire, #BatmanvSuperman is still canon in #WW84, and #Diana works at the #SmithsonianMuseum to keep track of any dangerous or mystical items, and lives in the #Watergate complex, where she has a view in any direction of Washington and can monitor the US government.

#WonderWoman is still out there doing heroic acts in the 80s, but always trying to go under notice in doing so, so people are not aware of her. #Diana, now mature and evolved, avoids solid friendships in #WW84 because she is afraid of losing them all as she lost her original team"[/I]

https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/...85882971852806
    If correct, this implies that she doesn't fly and all we can look forward to is her riding the lightning bolts, which is probably on par with her stupid ability to glide on air currents before George Perez booted her.

This also fly's opposite the theory that we can discount the movies she has been in, just because we wish it. I really hope this is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    This also fly's opposite the theory that we can discount the movies she has been in, just because we wish it. I really hope this is not the case.
    I think a better interpretation of the canonicity of BvS and JL is rather that WW84 doesn't directly contradict those movies.

Also, what we are reading here is a game of telephone. I'd much rather go to the Empire article itself, not some interpretation of a random twitter person.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I guess the filmmakers missed all those complaints about how sexualized Diana was in the JL movie.