Page 81 of 170 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2541

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, if she goes public then she'll probably get a codename. It's weird that she's the only member of the Trinity who has never had her codename uttered in her own movie .
    Didn't Samir call her "Wonder Woman" in French in the first film?

Spectacular Member

See like i said shes the only one who is just...unidentified super lady with weapons & armor. FOUR movies in and not one mention of this mysterious wonder woman myth. Wasnt bats a myth in bvs??

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Didn't Samir call her "Wonder Woman" in French in the first film?
    I saw a youtube deleted scene where he said it. Was he actually french in the film?? It would have been cool if like a little kid or something came up to her and said it and they looked around and smiled and then she just went by the name

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    I saw a youtube deleted scene where he said it. Was he actually french in the film?? It would have been cool if like a little kid or something came up to her and said it and they looked around and smiled and then she just went by the name
    Sameer's nationality isn't disclosed as far as I know, but he speaks fluent French, and many assume he is from Morocco, since Saïd Taghmaoui hails from there. During this time, Morocco was a protectorate under Spain and France.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Retired

I think it's pretty darn cool that Diana is never or rarely called the Wonder Woman in the movies. To me the movie title is a description of the character. She is a wonder woman. Being Diana to those who know her but a woman of mystery and wonder to everyone else seems like a great motif.

I don't want to go back and watch every Batman and Superman movie ever made, but I wonder if there weren't some where they didn't go by that name themselves--but might have had it put upon them afterwards. I know that Clark was never called the Superman for most of the run of SMALLVILLE. I gave up on GOTHAM early on, did little Bruce eventually get called the Bat-Man?

And it seems to me there's an established tradition in origin stories and other stories that the heroes never get the titles. Billy Batson in SHAZAM! never officially gets the name Shazam or Captain Marvel. In most of the Doctor Who shows, the Doctor is not called Doctor Who (although he is sometimes in the credits). Morpheus or Dream is rarely ever called the Sandman in the comic book that has that name. And given enough time and research, I bet I could come up with a long list of TV shows, books, movies, comics where this kind of thing happens.

I'd be perfectly happy if the Gal Gadot version of the Amazing Amazon is never called Wonder Woman by her peers in the movies. However, I expect this will happen in WONDER WOMAN 1984, as it suits the tone and the sensibility of the era.

Incredible Member

If they had to call the Joker 'Jeremiah' on Gotham, I sincerely doubt they ever got the okay to call Batman 'Batman'. I could be wrong, but since he only appeared in the costume in the last seconds of the last episode, it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think it's pretty darn cool that Diana is never or rarely called the Wonder Woman in the movies. To me the movie title is a description of the character. She is a wonder woman. Being Diana to those who know her but a woman of mystery and wonder to everyone else seems like a great motif.
    I guess that's not necessarily inaccurate but it's also hard to ignore the fact that the title is also supposed to be the characters' Superhero name.
    And it seems to me there's an established tradition in origin stories and other stories that the heroes never get the titles. Billy Batson in SHAZAM! never officially gets the name Shazam or Captain Marvel. In most of the Doctor Who shows, the Doctor is not called Doctor Who (although he is sometimes in the credits). Morpheus or Dream is rarely ever called the Sandman in the comic book that has that name. And given enough time and research, I bet I could come up with a long list of TV shows, books, movies, comics where this kind of thing happens.
    There's a scene in the movie where Billy is trying to transfer his power to the other kids and says "say my name" with the name implicitly being "Shazam" but the kids instead say "Billy" .

I believe Sameer was North African, perhaps Tunisian or Moroccan, where they speak French.
    His words were, "madame, s'il vous plait, incroyable, magnifique." I just don't know if he's referring to Diana or the drinks he's serving to Steve and Diana. Given his fascination with Diana, what he'd just seen in Veld, and his constant flirtation with her, I'm thinking he was referring to Diana as an "incredible, magnificent, woman," or loosely, a "wonder woman".

Last edited by Castling; 04-24-2020 at 05:22 PM.

I always assumed he would be from Algeria which was heavily colonized by the French. Interestingly, Zara of the Crimson Flame is also a French speaking Arab, and I assumed that was because she was Algerian too.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Patty Jenkins on Wonder Woman 3 and The Amazons spin-off: "There’s an arc that I have in mind": https://www.gamesradar.com/wonder-wo...ins-story-arc/

Wonder Woman 1984 director Patty Jenkins talks villains and Chris Pine’s return: https://www.gamesradar.com/wonder-wo...ins-interview/

Patty Jenkins also reveals that the sequel's title links to George Orwell’s classic “for a very specific reason”: https://www.gamesradar.com/wonder-wo...ot-chris-pine/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-29-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Seems like Jenkins is confirming an Amazons spin-off for Wonder Woman that she will produce.

https://www.gamesradar.com/wonder-wo...gn=buffer_tftw

EDIT: Whoops! I just saw your post, Last Son of Krypton!

Wow. The question is who will direct it. If she isn't then who. But Geoff John also helped the Amazon movie cool. You guys think he will help with the three movie?

New leaked images from WW84 that will appear on a 2021 calendar, which will be for sale on Amazon.
    And Gal Gadot appears flying from most people

i honestly think the pose looks like she's flying what y'all think?

Also it says 2021...
    IMG_20200501_012226.jpg
    IMG_20200501_012218.jpg

That would be cool if she flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    New leaked images from WW84 that will appear on a 2021 calendar, which will be for sale on Amazon.
    And Gal Gadot appears flying from most people

i honestly think the pose looks like she's flying what y'all think?

Also it says 2021...
    IMG_20200501_012226.jpg
    IMG_20200501_012218.jpg
    Either that or it's a really weird jump...